Returning To The Dm Team!

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Hello everyone!

Yes, I've decided to step out of retirement and rejoin the DM team again. All of us know that we've been going back and forth in player numbers, something I think all of us would love to stabilize a little. And I do have some ideas for it too, it is however not something I'm capable of doing alone. Which is perfectly fine, SCoD has never been a one person show. All the more reason to better pool up our resources and give people better medium to get involved. And that is something I'd love to put main focus on.

Few things that I'm going to be putting major focus on, in no particular order:
    1) Server needs to have enough to do in it, even when players are alone. To have time for more players to log in and build a critical mass that can self-sustain roleplay. 2) It's important that the characters and/or events are able to engage players and their characters, and ideally better help them to fully express themselves. 3) And I believe people need to feel like they are a part of it all, or at least can choose to be part of it if they so desire. [/li]
So needless to say, there's quite some work ahead! On bright side, I've already somewhat started on the #1. In part I've made some new and more accessible items to help new players work fine, they should be setting to stores in the near-ish future. The another side is to make monsters better accessible so that players won't hit a wall of frustration in a form of "Well guess I can't progress until I get help". This said, I do want to encourage people to play with each other as much as possible, but also sober that in current times it's not always an option. The other two revolve much more around just communication and enabling those of us whom remain motivated still, I'm sure we can sort those out as we move on! :D

Of course it's the motivation that'll be the most difficult aspect to muster currently, but I think if we all take some more regular log in times initially, and try to think of a token thing(s) to do that involve other players, then we'll get there gradually!

The staff as a whole naturally have ideas as well, I'm going to have to get familiar with a lot of stuff, so pardon if I don't know all of that right away. But my general focus area isn't going to be in a collision course with those ideas anyway, which is why I'm ready to announce them right off the bat.

Anyway boffins, lets get this sorted! :beer:
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

I'd say welcome back, but I'm not really sure if you ever left. <3

Always glad to have you around!
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Welcome back on the actual scene, I knew you were hiding in the background somewhere :P
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

On the same day we get the Solar eclipse too. :metal:
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Not going to lie, it's a sign of end times! THE END TIMES! Or you know, maybe not. Probably it's just another day in an indifferent universe where things happen and we just give them a meaning, but the first thing is funnier story.
*Pellease

Posted by *Pellease »

Welcome back!
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

Very happy to see you back, and hope its enjoyable too! :D
*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

:clap:
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Good to see you return. :)
I'm extremely excited to see what plans you have for us! :P
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

As for my plans? Serverwide slavery! - ah no wait, that was supposed to be revealed later only. Oh. Uhm... how about job opportunities in digital realm with competitive work environment? Too late? Aw.

I'm actually hoping to get some more regularity/predictability. If we can get at least something to happen during peak times almost every day, that'd be a great start. Doesn't need to be big, and naturally a little too much work for me just alone, or anyone else for that parts. But if any EMs and naturally other DMs want to help out, that's going to be grand. Hopefully in a way that we can somewhat cycle out resources.

I'm absolutely awful at making genuine plots. Although I'm super harsh on myself about those too, criticism which doesn't extend to others, so don't worry! Instead I will probably focus on social events, going to see if I can set something up this week already, but mind you, I'm dividing my time with a number of things in general.

One thing I do want to encourage is opening up more RP areas, just places people can visit and explore. Maybe have some nice small explorative quest tidbits, maybe not. Because at some point Karasuthra, the few inns and such are starting to feel very limited, while the characters would no doubt desire to visit a broader amount of places as a sort of "tourist" destination.