Leaving The Server

*AkdoolTheSlimy

Posted by *AkdoolTheSlimy »

So... After playing a character who's reputation is, more or less, abysmal for a bit too long, I've decided to take a break from SCoD and NWN2. I don't know if it's a permanent break or just temporary... All I know is that the "ideal" I had in mind for her has devolved to the point that I don't even know what she is anymore... I've hit the point where I'm doing things just because people expect me to do stupid evil things, and it's just not fun for me to play the role of the stereotypical villain that everyone hates. It's my fault, really, but I can't even imagine starting a new character right now that would be anything but half-hearted.

Maybe I'll change my mind in a few days or something... I don't know, all I know is that I need a break.
*Alya the Red

Posted by *Alya the Red »

You should not react like that at all... I mean just because some characters hate you dosn't mean the players of them think the same... I actually liked your character and plans can change... Just don't be so demoralized if a road for a your character don't work venture to another...

Sorry if i did some mistakes on English...

Hit me on discord if you want talk

Alya the red..

In discord: Mebrilia the red.
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

It is probably a good idea to give yourself time to clear your head and then come back. It's something everyone does every now and then. Usually when I do it I end up starting a Skyrim or Dark Souls playthrough, or start binge watching one anime or another. Just something to occupy a large block of time and be engrossing enough to not have to worry about much else.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Playing a villain is one of the hardest things, much because people are inclined to force a role on you that you haven't quite envisioned. I don't think it's even that much about you necessarily making mistakes, it's that people want others to be the simple villains they can just oppose for the sake of opposition. Not to be nasty, it's rather that they like having something to do too, and conflict tends to be over simplified easily down to just two sides generally.

Trying to change the public opinion can be hard though after the public has "set a narrative" so to speak. What you could do is a publicity stunt to "change their ways openly" so to speak, and continue with a more secretive agenda instead.
*Vehk

Posted by *Vehk »

Sorry to hear that Akdool, I and the others in our group really enjoy RPing with you.
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Breaks are good as it helps clear up and refresh the mind, I was in a situation similar to yours once and was not sure how to react back to others, after I took said break and collected my thoughts I was able to get back in the saddle later down the line.

Take care Akdool, and hope you come back to SCoD later on.
*GreeniesTree

Posted by *GreeniesTree »

Heya!

I hope you come back you brought spice to the Rp for sure and you will be missed too!

Peace
*Nayshayva

Posted by *Nayshayva »

Even if you're an evil character,it is certainly not for me. Yes,you tried to attack me. But you're not evil. I do not think so.

Xsenanepsys Nux'Sperenshayi'Tevellion'Ksiee.
*Vandole

Posted by *Vandole »

Enjoyed the RP we had Akdool! Take all the time you need and hope to see you back soon!
*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

Characters change, it happens as long as you as a player do not because then its no fun if your not the same person people come to expect.

And dont feel bad if your character has gone a route that you dont know who they are anymore, take that and embrace it and accept the special interactions that become of it.

Alot of the times my original char concepts change, and if i really get into the character and the rp, alot of times it gets to the point that even i dont know what the character is going to say or do or think until the char does or says it.

My char minds are clearly not my own sometimes.