Summer Residency!

*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

Hello Sigil,

I'll be leaving for Ohio for a 2 week seminar as part of my MFA program, so you won't see me on NWN2 much (if at all) from 15-30 July. I should still be around Discord and I might pop in once in a while on NWN2, but my goal is to focus more on my studies.

Also, might be too drunk anyway. These seminars, while intense during the day, tend to end with receptions and dinners that serve quite a lot of free alcohol...so feel bad for me!
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Gosh, I am so jealous. Good luck! Please try to not get -too- intoxicated!
*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

wrote: so feel bad for me!
Send me some booze and i'll say my three hail marys for ya.
*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

I'm back! At home, anyway. I had a great time at the residency. Here is some stuff I did:

- I met Terry Tempest Williams (Wiki search her)

- I made friends with a lot of other writers, which was awesome!

- I had the privilege of working with and learning from a bunch of published authors, several of which are now my mentors.

- I got hungover once.

- I got back into running.

- I fractured my right fifth metatarsal and sprained my ankle on the second day of said running. (Ohio sidewalks SUCK.)

- I got to experience being on crutches for several days.

- I joined a field trip to go to the reformatory where The Shawshank Redemption was filmed and even got to stand in several rooms where the movie was shot, my favorites being the "Brooks was here" scene and the Warden's office! (Those crutches weren't stopping me)

- I learned a whole lot!

- I met a former Poet Laureate of Sacramento.

- I met someone who used to work in Hollywood and told me a story about how Billy Zane is the biggest jerk there.

- I actually had a positive experience flying on American Airlines! (Didn't lose my bag, flight delays, etc).

It's good to be home and be able to sleep in my own bed tonight. Hope to see you all in game soon!
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Few things are as wonderful as being able to sleep in your own bed after a long trip away. Welcome back. <3