Buyers Remorse An Amd Thing

*Glucifer

Posted by *Glucifer »

Hello guys!

I have not been in game since I posted my last thread because I have not had a monitor or a GPU. I'm not sure how many of my friends are playing these days, but I bought a new 1440p monitor and had to sell it. So, you guys prolly didn't see me.

Anyway, the story is that I have been saving up for RX Vega for a year and I have been waiting for the NX-EDG27 (Freesync monitor) to come out, which I bought and now resold, because I am a long time AMD fan right? I was under the impression that AMD was going to greatly improve their TDP with the RX series because they showed slides that suggested that was one of their goals with Vega. So, I held off on my upgrades and then I saw Vega FE's TDP of 300w. I realized that I could not justify buying a GPU that is going to have a TDP above 200w in my computer room. RX Vega will be power hungry guys, and I don't think we will see a decent sub 200w card again until Navi. :(

So, I bought a GTX 1080 and once the money for my monitor I sold is no longer on hold, I will buy a more expensive Gsync monitor to replace it. I'd get a 1080 ti, but I'm not going with a higher TDP. I have three PCs in the computer room and I measure everything out to the number of led light bulbs to keep it somewhat cool in Summer.

At least I can get back in game now.