New Dm!

*Ariella

Posted by *Ariella »

ewe,Jun 23 2017 wrote: I was under the impression that Sinlinara was asked multiple times in the past to become a DM, but had refused. What has changed since then? Also, isn't it a bit biased given how close of friends Ariella and Sinlinara are?
While not really a thread for questions. To ease your mind i will elaborate a little on our DM selection process. The first step initial candidates, this is a list of players who have put their name forward or had their name put forward by another. Typically people put forward are those who are active members of the server community, They have a level head, Limited negative reports and have likely contributed to the server in some fashion. Generally players on this list are then asked to EM if they have not in the past, This is so we can see how they handle events, responsibility of the DMC and interact with other players. After an allotted amount of time players who have done well in this roll move forward to the voting stage, In which every DM and Admin votes on the candidates. Those who receive the most positive votes are offered a position. Now when it comes to someone who is a friend or part of a DM PC clique, That DM or Admin does not cast a vote or nominate the individual. That is to say i neither nominated or had a vote in regards to Sinlinara's position.
*Ariella

Posted by *Ariella »

I would like everyone to join me in welcoming McBlight to the DM team. Many of you know him from discord and IG. Now you get to experience him in the blood thirsty role of a DM!. Like all of our recruits he has been brought on board due to his general attitude, desire to support the player base and dedication to the server. Do not forget to pay tribute!.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Congratulations McBlight!
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Welcome to the team McBlight!

Now that you are a DM you can aid me in my search for the Admin's secret stash of cookies! It's out there somewhere!
*Mcblight

Posted by *Mcblight »

Thank you!

I feel like with this that I have a few things to say first and foremost. My activity level have been rather low lately, and people have most likely observed that. It is a combination of many things, but I can assure you that it will change over the coming days and you will be seeing a lot more to me both player and DM side.

I have chosen not to be having a DM alias mostly because I feel that it would be best for the community. It will make it easier to get in contact with me, know who I am and generally be more transparent, though I might tell you that it is a bad time if you poke me player side :)

Some people know me and have a general idea of my opinions and thoughts, some agree and some disagree with them - but as a DM, my goal will be to be a DM for the whole community. I will be striving to listen to everyone, and I will make it clear if something I say is with the mindset of a DM or my own personal opinions.

With all that said, I am easily accessible and will be able to get in touch with both through the forums and the discord. I might be easier to get in touch with on the discord, but please do not hold back from sending me a PM if you have questions, problems or anything else that you would like to speak with me about.

I hope you all are having a great friday. See you in game!

:thumbs:
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Congratulations, McBlight!
I've always enjoyed the RP with you in the past. Looking forward to see what you can do with your new powers. :D
*ewe

Posted by *ewe »

Is there a new Discord Host? As this would mean that the Discord is now staff run (as opposed to player run), since McBlight has joined the staff?
*Mcblight

Posted by *Mcblight »

Hello Dae!

I appreciate your concerns as to how the Discord is going. I will take the discussion on the Discord for further clarification, hearing how the general active community in the chat feels about the situation.

Cheers! :thumbs:
*ewe

Posted by *ewe »

I'm asking because if it is now staff run then since I am in good standing on the server and forum I should be allowed back into the Discord. As it was unofficial players that ousted me.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

We are not interested in overturning bans from Discord (especially not ones we were there for!) at this time.