A Formal Goodbye/ Resignation

*DM-Stitch(es)

Posted by *DM-Stitch(es) »

Hello friends! Enemies! Frienemies and minions.

There comes a time where one has to wonder if one's time on a server has run it's course and frankly...my expiration date on this server has been loooong overdue.

So, I took a while to figure out why I kept grasping back (and admittingly, re-appear in shorter and shorter bursts)

Answer turned out to be memory lane. I have some real fond memories of this server and realised, I am way too old-school minded about things to linger and latch onto the staff-clan as some non-contributing appendix.

So, I'm letting go.

I want to, first and foremost, say I respect the current active group of staff a big deal. And I am grateful for all the hard work done and being done. I never was the biggest plot DM. I was mostly known as the DM that did things on the fly and adressed players who were having issue or, alternatively, players causing issues or backing up a fellow DM during events.

I also was the culprit keeping an eye on your RP and stuff your RP XP vaults with XP.

However, as changes came on some area's and frankly, some behaviour of some players seemed to become the new standard, my interest and fun dwindled, quite some and with this, I mean characters who do A, get caught by the opposing side, with IC proof to back this up and then because on the OOC side said player does not want their character to suffer for it, choose to, well, actually shoot all rp in the neck, with a blunt rusty bullet. It's said one has to respect another's OOC wishes, that is fair, ofcourse. But I consider it impolite to try and instigate things IC and use a cheesy OOC excuse to worm out of it.

That said, it wasn't the only reason my fun left through the window and I really want to focus on the positive. However, previous point imho deserved to be adressed.

Sigil, is a server that still has a lot of potential. However, keep in mind, there's only a very small team with skill, talent and passion for the place and they do their outmost best to cater to the playerbase, even if said playerbase doesn't always see and/or feel it.

We all grow older, a lot of us have full time jobs and can't dedicate all day, every day, to creating content, do RP or what have you.

What I wish for this place, is a bit more understanding towards another and calm talks. I wish it growth and most of all, FUN.

It's been a good run most of the time and there's plenty a memory I'll look at with a smile or grin.

I wish you lot all the best and thank you for having/suffering my presence ;)

*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

I sooo haaarrd, to say goodbye, to yester-daaiieeee!

They can do it better. Boyz II Men - It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday .

See you in greener pastures cuz, i still remember ya fondly from when I started.
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Thanks mate :)

Small add from my player account:

Yes, this also means I am calling it quits as a player. An epilogue post is in the making.

Once again, thanks for the good times! <3
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

I don't want to start a micro-conflict, but that's surely not a good way of leaving, especially if it involves blaming-while-not-naming peoples.

That said, without any irony, I liked playing and talking with you, I hope you've all the best time in the world whatever you decide to do and take care.
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

A oh so lovely way of leaving :P , nice impression and normalizing, nevertheless , you will be missed, good luck out there.
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

We'll miss you Maus. :)
*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

Kelth will always live on in our memories as the most gorgeous looking man in Sigil. <3 I hope you find something that makes you as happy as the time you're nostalgic for.
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

I always wanted to do this work out routine with all the handsome guys..., but alas.
Handsome guy workout Routine.
*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

Sad to see you go Mausman. I hope good things come your way!
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Peace, Stitches. Drop by now and then. You're always welcome.