Goodbye

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Untaramar,Jun 18 2017 wrote: Right, that's why we don't discuss these things in public, and of course not because anything which might reflect bad on the server will get deleted.
This part isn't actually entirely true. Otherwise "contradicting the servers capacity for integrity" as a statement would probably fit the bill. And if it was a policy, removing it, would prove it true, but also hide any evidence of such an argument existing, meaning that if it was a policy, there'd be no real reason not to practice it if the status quo is questioned. Most likely reasons for deleted posts are (in no particular order):
  • Topic getting side-tracked, and there comes a request to remove the side-tracking
  • exploits are posted
  • specific people are harassed
I mean I reckon there's a thread posted just a while ago where the server was accused of having hostile environment, so either such a censorship has been incredibly poorly administered, or it's not really a thing. :P Most drama tends to be kept in private messages instead to have no need to even delete anything, because it has been a sensible policy... I mean it has been mentioned in the rules and dedicated post about issuing reports.

Of course this could be artificially inflated ruse to try to prove that "Oh dear, I must be a swell guy while really actually horrid" by making an act such as this, but even that'd leave an opening for questioning the status quo, where as if that was the policy, there'd be no reason to question it at all if the question never existed. So... I don't see a whole lot of logical evidences to support it, you are of course free to believe it.
*Untaramar

Posted by *Untaramar »

Mr_Otyugh,Jun 18 2017 wrote: So... I don't see a whole lot of logical evidences to support it, you are of course free to believe it.
Yes, it would be horrible if things was taken as facts without any real evidence, or if such evidence was in fact just rumors. Or even worse if evidence disproving it was just completely ignored.
Lack of any real evidence must be proof enough, right? yes? no?
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Naturally lack of evidence must mean that it absolutely must be truth, just as long as someone in there thinks it is so. Despite there being empirical contradictions visible for everyone who is so inclined to check, especially in the suggestions and ideas forums? :P And already some people have found some of the content in SCoD hostile, due to lack of censorship so... I'm going to leave that judgement for the individual to make honestly. Infact my very brief farewell mention in this very thread was mentioned to be rather untactful, obviously it's at best barely ambiguous example, but I'm not inclined to name any specific people so if you're interested in more tangible examples, ideas and suggestions forum would be my idea/suggestion.

But you've piqued my interest as to what your goals are with this "all presumable truths must come out now that I am leaving"-thing, and I am not saying they are true, it's just how it will be represented as. I'm not new to internet phenomenons.

Naturally if you do have tangible accounts/evidences of such, I'm definitely willing to hear and see the evidences so such matters can be properly addressed. If you don't trust the staff about it, I'm not technically part of staff. I mean it's easy to say "evidences will be ignored" when the one group is being discredited, without the evidences in the first place. Kind of a vicious cycle which also technically prevents staff taking any actions if there is no real mention of it.

By the way, what I am doing is taking the long route to explain what is happening to help people make their own minds, transparency if you will.

Also this thread is also happening:http://z13.invisionfree.com/nwn2planesc ... opic=16903 which funny enough goes into indepth about my opinion of censorship too.
*Untaramar

Posted by *Untaramar »

Mr_Otyugh,Jun 18 2017 wrote: But you've piqued my interest as to what your goals are with this "all presumable truths must come out now that I am leaving"-thing, and I am not saying they are true, it's just how it will be represented as. I'm not new to internet phenomenons.
I have no interest or goal in telling any truths at all, the ones the comment was aimed at would know, or should at least be able to put two and two together. And if they don't it's not my problem.

You see, I have no problem with the server as it is right now, don't ever change. Because unlike what you might think, as you mentioned in your other thread, we're not coming back. But we will be enjoying to watch this place burn in the fires of it's own stupidity.

And yes, I say "we" because with me, unlike what the hate speech duo of sparkling unicorns might say, with me left about 10 other players. Of course not the most active sort of rp'ers, but players none the less, players who just wanted to have fun within their own little circle and occasionally join events. ;)
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

Untaramar,Jun 19 2017 wrote:
Mr_Otyugh,Jun 18 2017 wrote: But you've piqued my interest as to what your goals are with this "all presumable truths must come out now that I am leaving"-thing, and I am not saying they are true, it's just how it will be represented as. I'm not new to internet phenomenons.
I have no interest or goal in telling any truths at all, the ones the comment was aimed at would know, or should at least be able to put two and two together. And if they don't it's not my problem.

You see, I have no problem with the server as it is right now, don't ever change. Because unlike what you might think, as you mentioned in your other thread, we're not coming back. But we will be enjoying to watch this place burn in the fires of it's own stupidity.

And yes, I say "we" because with me, unlike what the hate speech duo of sparkling unicorns might say, with me left about 10 other players. Of course not the most active sort of rp'ers, but players none the less, players who just wanted to have fun within their own little circle and occasionally join events. ;)

Whew lad. That salt. Anyways bro, i will miss you bro, and hope you'll change your mind in the near future!
*Untaramar

Posted by *Untaramar »

Heh, Ed, you should know better. I have a big grin on, so no salty flavors here. :tongue:
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Be it what it may, I've seen a marginal increase of players rather than drop of them myself. I'm fairly sure that a drop of 10 players would be fairly notable, especially when only one of them appears to be talking. And yes, I say marginal, I'm not preaching of miracles.

And if you have no further interest into SCoD, please proceed to the exit, take a break and if your mind changes, feel free to return. Because as you've adequately displayed, you have little interest other than to produce ill will for the denizen of SCoD, which is at best biased perspective as you've also been fairly good at making it clear that you have difference in opinions. Not to say my perspective isn't biased obviously, but my desire is that of the good of community rather than one of its demise.

Also! Further proof that we're hardly censorship community. :P
*ewe

Posted by *ewe »

A player was banned without any guidance or direction on how to better fit in with the server. This community is small. I'm somewhat ashamed the best we can do is shove some player off the server rather than coming together as a community of staff and players to work it out and find a better solution. Sad!

Also, FYI, Players make just as much rumors about the harshness of the staff just as they do the harshness of a fellow player's RP. The tone of the DM/EMs in reply to this thread... leaves much to be desired imo.
*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

Quit catering to the sob story. It's just a berk trying to garner ill will toward the server because he's being pissy. It's actually kind of shitty to try and make the staff look bad because they don't want to air his dirty laundry for the whole community and are being as respectful about the whole affair as they can.

This is not exactly new behavior from what i've observed here.
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

ewe,Jun 23 2017 wrote: A player was banned without any guidance or direction on how to better fit in with the server. This community is small. I'm somewhat ashamed the best we can do is shove some player off the server rather than coming together as a community of staff and players to work it out and find a better solution. Sad!

Also, FYI, Players make just as much rumors about the harshness of the staff just as they do the harshness of a fellow player's RP. The tone of the DM/EMs in reply to this thread... leaves much to be desired imo.
Peter, cut the shit please?