Bunch of questions

*Soeverein

Posted by *Soeverein »

Hey. I love Planescape, so thought I'd come here and ask some questions to see if the mod will suit my play style

1) What rating are you aiming for? Will you be creating a sanitised/WotC version of Planescape that is PG-13? Or can we expect TSR/Torment-like levels of innuendo and dark maturity?

2) What kind of rules will the server have? Will it be hardcore rules with rest and food being forced on you (since some people seem to believe this improves roleplay, LOL) Or will the roleplay pretty much be actual storytelling kind of roleplay with a decent amount of freedom for the players and only really limits by common sense? Will there be limits on multiclassing or other character development freedom?

3) Will it be possible to play any kind of character from a paladin (though, a paladin in the cage obviously must be a barmy leatherhead) to a evil to the bone sociopathic assassin with boulimia, to a strength based rogue with a fetish for high heels? Or will we be pretty much be forced to adapt to one or two character stereotypes?

4) Will Perma-death EVER be forced on any character, whether through PvP, through DM punishment, or through any other system?

5) Will metagaming be tolerated, or can we freely tell people who mess up good RP in that way to pike off?
*cryptc

Posted by *cryptc »

Hi

1 - We are planning to make it 18+ with light nudity. I encourage dark roleplay, but as always, some consideration for those who share the server is a good idea. Generally I found that on pw's as long as you make your intentions clear you get people willing to go along with it. So in short, yes it will be a server intended mainly for mature audiences.

2 - I have a fondness for having as little rules as possible (I was hoping keeping it to 3, but looks like 9 will be more reasonable number). We will most likely finalize the rules within the next couple of weeks. There will be some areas with rest restrictions, but no food system. Freedom to players is important, and our goal is to make a world where players can make most of their own plots.

3 - Yes, any kind of character, within certain limits obviously... nothing that breaks lore, no demigod power characters, no playing famous characters, no playing people that gets ported from real world 2009 to planescape (yes it comes up more often than you'd think)... I am hoping for many interesting and different characters to populate the game, and we will most likely by granting good roleplayers possibilities to play rare races.

4 - I'd like to say no, but I don't want to promise that that will NEVER happen... but I am not fond of enforced permadeath, and that would only be for extreme reasons... I do encourage players that want to permadeath their characters to do, and if they do it in a way that makes for more roleplay on the server they might be granted some of their xp back on new character (on case by case basis).

5 - Metagaming will not be tolerated. That said, someone metagaming isn't automatic permission for everyone to grief them though. Vigilante behaviour is as bad as metagaming.
*Soeverein

Posted by *Soeverein »

cryptc,Mar 15 2009 wrote: Hi

1 - We are planning to make it 18+ with light nudity. I encourage dark roleplay, but as always, some consideration for those who share the server is a good idea. Generally I found that on pw's as long as you make your intentions clear you get people willing to go along with it. So in short, yes it will be a server intended mainly for mature audiences.

2 - I have a fondness for having as little rules as possible (I was hoping keeping it to 3, but looks like 9 will be more reasonable number). We will most likely finalize the rules within the next couple of weeks. There will be some areas with rest restrictions, but no food system. Freedom to players is important, and our goal is to make a world where players can make most of their own plots.

3 - Yes, any kind of character, within certain limits obviously... nothing that breaks lore, no demigod power characters, no playing famous characters, no playing people that gets ported from real world 2009 to planescape (yes it comes up more often than you'd think)... I am hoping for many interesting and different characters to populate the game, and we will most likely by granting good roleplayers possibilities to play rare races.

4 - I'd like to say no, but I don't want to promise that that will NEVER happen... but I am not fond of enforced permadeath, and that would only be for extreme reasons... I do encourage players that want to permadeath their characters to do, and if they do it in a way that makes for more roleplay on the server they might be granted some of their xp back on new character (on case by case basis).

5 - Metagaming will not be tolerated. That said, someone metagaming isn't automatic permission for everyone to grief them though. Vigilante behaviour is as bad as metagaming.
Thank you for your answers, seems we have the same opinions. ^_^

And I agree with you on the last answer by the way. I didn't mean to mean it to come over that griefing should be allowed against metagamers. With telling them to pike off, I mostly was referring to ignoring them after telling them that what they're doing is wrong.

Anyway. I know my way around the toolset (area design, item design and custom content compilation). If there's any help you might need while the mod is still in alpha/beta, I can try to find some time.
*cryptc

Posted by *cryptc »

Didn't think you meant it like that either, just making sure my stance it clear, many others might read the thread sometime afterall.

As for toolset help, I'll take any you are able/willing to do :) This thread has some info on areas we want but still have no builder assigned to: http://z13.invisionfree.com/nwn2planesc ... owtopic=22

Let me know if any of those tickle your fancy, or even if you have interest in making another plane that you would like be on the server.