What new enchantments should we add?

mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Adding new enchantments is pretty easy, and I want to fill out the list, make use of more gems, and in general open up the options for different kinds of items.

So, what (pre-existing) item properties would you like to see added? New feats? New spells?

Give me your thoughts! :D
MarblePilgrim

Posted by MarblePilgrim »

I miss the staff enchantments. Some weren't so great, but there was also cool stuff like at-will Identify and Summon Monster VII 1/day.

+5 AC on boots would be neat. I know there's been some discussion about that.

- The Faerie Fire spell

Feats:
- Battle Caster (on armor)
- Slippery Mind (Do mindsilver helmets still gain this property?)
- Powerful Strikes (on gloves/bracers or helms, to help soulknives remain competitive with new weapons)
- Feats that boost skills, like Skill Focus and Stealthy
Primary RP characters: Dave Turnbull, Twelve Fingers
Secondary RP characters: M9-TX, Reginald Q. Foxworthy, Breeze Johnson, Zogrukh, Giddy Visitor
Krilari

Posted by Krilari »

I'd second the notion of Staff Enchantments, most especially if we could find some way to make them a worthwhile pick for casters.

In general some form of Spell Slot enchantment would be interesting, be it limited to armors, or perhaps even the aforementioned staves.
Gadwin

Posted by Gadwin »

I gotta put a vote against boots AC as that just leads to a lot of problems with stacking gambled boots and people running around with +10 dodge from foot slot alone. Supposedly boots of hardiness +5s were fixed to drop, so that should make things more bearable on that front.

Faerie fire in any capacity would be so nice because concealment is always god-awful to deal with, as would adding *any* amount of extra customization to rings in the form of feats, elemental resistances, or base stats. As is they are the most barren by far. I also wouldn't mind some more interchangability between stats on certain gear pieces- e.g wis on helmets, int on amulets, stuff like that.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

These are good suggestions, keep them coming!

I think we'll for sure add a bunch of low or no requirement feats to the list, and I can definitely look back through the old mage staff enchantments and transfer them over.
MarblePilgrim

Posted by MarblePilgrim »

In addition to the above, the Ruin feats for weapons would be nice for Rogues and Weapon Masters in particular.
Gadwin wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:57 amI gotta put a vote against boots AC as that just leads to a lot of problems with stacking gambled boots and people running around with +10 dodge from foot slot alone.
Fair. I forgot how weirdly bonuses stack in this game.
Primary RP characters: Dave Turnbull, Twelve Fingers
Secondary RP characters: M9-TX, Reginald Q. Foxworthy, Breeze Johnson, Zogrukh, Giddy Visitor
Slayer of Love

Posted by Slayer of Love »

Damage on ranged weapons?
Material type actually applying to ammunition? (unless that's already in :roll: didn't seem to work in early versions)
Planescape flavoured on hit/on use unique powers? :mrgreen:
Let Sleeping Drago-

Posted by Let Sleeping Drago- »

My one wish with the enchantment system is for Creature Weapons to migrated over to this new player-driven system, and made tradable (while anti-UMD'ing them to only work on the species they're meant for).
edmaster44

Posted by edmaster44 »

Slayer of Love wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:59 pm Damage on ranged weapons?
Material type actually applying to ammunition? (unless that's already in :roll: didn't seem to work in early versions)
Planescape flavoured on hit/on use unique powers? :mrgreen:
What Unique Planescape on it properties? Got a link somewhere? :D Would love to see what we can take and implement here.
juubo

Posted by juubo »

Feats:
Builder's Ruin
Elemental's Ruin
Death's Ruin
Nature's Ruin
Spirit' Ruin

on weapons at least. I'd like to see them on more than weapons to help out with crit and sneak builds, but not sure if it would work off weapon. if possible, I'd say only one ruin per item should be allowed.

I'd also like to see more options in general, but its hard to suggest much that won't really break the game.