Importing into local campaign?

Anonymous0070

Posted by Anonymous0070 »

I like the custom races, classes, feats and spells that I've seen and experienced in the PW.
How do I import them into my local (offline) NWN2 campaigns (OC, MotB, etc)?
I'm somewhat familiar with the typical modding tools for NWN2, but not proficient enough to figure this out on my own.

I tried using the search function on the forum to see if this sort of thing was asked before, but it didn't come up with anything.
Mr_Otyugh

Posted by Mr_Otyugh »

Short answer: Can't really. Our custom content are largely intervowen to database work and other background tools/functions that a lot of the stuff simply put wouldn't work. Much of it is patchwork that has never been intended to be moved over.
Anonymous0070

Posted by Anonymous0070 »

Mr_Otyugh wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:33 pm Short answer: Can't really. Our custom content are largely intervowen to database work and other background tools/functions that a lot of the stuff simply put wouldn't work. Much of it is patchwork that has never been intended to be moved over.
I've socketed custom content into NWN2 before, via the Override directory- some classes, some races, some custom heads and hairs, so I know that doing these things is not impossible. Add some stuff to the relevant .2da files, modify the dialog.tlk file, make sure the relevant stuff is in the right folders; boom done.

I've noticed when connecting to Persistent Worlds that a number of PW specific hak files are downloaded into my game directory, and they seem to follow naming conventions that are at least "indicative" that they contain the information I'd need to make it happen.

I'm *assuming* that the relevant racial, class, feat/ featmapping/ spell/ et cetera .2da files are right there in front of my face in those hak files, but I can't make the logical leap to figure out how to integrate them into my local campaign.

My*guess* is that I'd need to crack open the *.hak files to get at the 2da files, as well as the various models and textures.

Am I wrong?
edmaster44

Posted by edmaster44 »

Not at all, *Buuuuuuuuuut* there will be many races/feats/spells that just plain won't work cause the Script's all depended either by Plug in, scripts, other stuff that is hosted Server side only