The Big Sigilian Bash Up 2: Electric Boogaloo

*DreamSeed

Posted by *DreamSeed »

Sup Quiz here with Boblin Hamfingers, 10 cleric/ 7 sorc/ 3 ASoC/ 10MT for rta crit memes, when his spell book is full his fingers go ham! reached 22 as he had malus from 2 unfavoured base classes. MVP has to go to all the tank/dps PCs cant say which was best as it was way to chaotic to recall numbers though Ea'ral and Rebecca stayed till the end so, sorry if I missed anyone <3. Most munchkin for me goes to Dathi as I have a soft spot for great smiters <3. Most memorable and biggest derp goes too Ea'raldor for the party wipe, the extended ottos and probably many other reasons XD.  Much fun was had, can't wait for the next! <3
*Vandole

Posted by *Vandole »

I popped in with my mindflayer, build was nothing special being mostly psion/mentalist during the bashup. Went from EFL 8 to 24. I feel things would have been a bit faster without worrying too much about ECL, as things tend to even out towards the end anyway so long as it isn't beyond 10 levels. Alternative suggestions would be to form multiple groups based on starting level or arrange checkpoints for merging the group so that there's less downtime overall.
*Red the Rogue

Posted by *Red the Rogue »

Tails1879_ here. I joined in with Rebecca Arisdottir, a Ysgardian human half-celestial berserker I... literally just made about 15 minutes before and after the big bash up started. There was very little planning outside making sure my requirements were covered, and that lead to this weird collection of levels: 7 Barbarian / 6 Half-Outsider (celestial) / 10 Frenzied Berserker / 1 Bard, with the rest of all levels going into Barbarian. Yes, it's debatable whether or not I should put the 5 levels of FB into Barbarian instead, but I'm currently happy with the result. It's my first strength build after all on the server. 😄

It was a riot. Seeing the staff-snapping whoopsie-daisies in #screenshots, having enough people to get 440 XP from a single mob in the Grey Wastes, Platoon Crashalot of Vargouille in the Slags... 5/7, would do it again.

Rebecca had terrible AC all the way through the Astral, having literally just 24 AC to cover her. Things liked to target her, and her Outsider DR wasn't able to handle the damage. Not to mention my internet cutting out a couple times and even a power flicker happening on my end... I was concerned this would continue, but thankfully it didn't. Ea'raldor gave two things that helped immensely: A halberd  with +4 EB, +1d6 fire, and DC 14 Stun to bring in that damage against the githyanki, and Mechanus Gears fullplate to boost her AC during the venture into the Water plane. Whoever was our bard and buff mages, I highly thank them for boosting our AC even further. All of this together brought her AC up to ~45 and more at the time.

Of course the true test was whether or not the group could handle the Abyss. As the others attested earlier, despite being half-equipped (Rebecca literally had only her weapon, armor, and a +2 AC / +2 Saves cloak to cover for her), they were able to take out even Pazunia on Gatecrasher. My character stopped at ECL 26 by the end of the whole run, and even found at the end... +5 Boots of the Sun Soul. Praise be RNGesus!

It got me to try something I usually don't play, or had at all played in NWN2, and I'm actually happy enough with the result that I've been playing them IC since. She's made vague mention of the "glorious battles" IC since, despite myself knowing it was still technically OOC, because I really did enjoy it that much.

As someone that attended (albeit a little late) the first Big Sigilian Bash Up in '16, there were a couple differences I think would make the next bash up even better.
  • Duration: I feel it would be better to have the Bash Up run for the rest of the day. 3 years ago, when it happened, I ended up joining late and the first main group went off another path. I joined with others to form a smaller group and powered through, until we bumped into the big group again and merged. People joined and left over time, but the momentum stayed that whole day. This made late-joiners possible when people could form new groups and then merge with the new one.
  • Multiple Groups: As stated in the previous point, we should make a point in letting players set up additional groups if they're running late. This way there's multiple chances of catching up with the rest of the gang.
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

I showed up as "Vahn" towards the very end I think. Fashionably late. :P My ID in-game matches this one of course. Don't have much to add because I didn't add much! Thus fashionably late.