The Big Sigilian Bash Up 2: Electric Boogaloo

*Dathi

Posted by *Dathi »

Absolutely valid point to be made. Especially when ECL races are involved, things can get a little messy! There will be a more comprehensive list of rules + lay out for the next bash up as this was more testing the waters! Anyone else who has any input, please do let us know, it's all helpful.
*alsturiel

Posted by *alsturiel »

I don't think was a real problem i mean i was One of the last to join but with racial adjustment i reach other quite soon. how much exp/time the group lose some minutes and 7000 xp? Is not so much at the end we almost all the same lvl. As the event itself It was very fun shaping around the only regret i made a PG so garbage(with stat and stuff) that Is almost unplayable so i think i Will delete It but was worthy to Be there next time i Will build a character with an idea in mind^^
*Dathi

Posted by *Dathi »

Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd wrap up the second bash up with a few things to give everyone an impression of how it went!

The Players:

Now, I will admit, I can't really remember everyone who turned up. At least not by username! So, if people would like to respond to the thread, I can include a list of Players present, as well as their Characters + Builds!

Dathi255 - Dornan Amhain (Aasimar Paladin/Kensai/Divine Champion - Attempt at hitting 4 digits on a smite build!)

Alsturiel - Marisen (I think :P) (Dryad Druid - Likes Treant form)

Gamarasa - Arexis (Iron Dragon Sorcerer)

Gad -  Baerrik Ironbreaker (Dwarven Half-Dragon/Frenzied/Weapon Master - "Doesn't have the smack strength of a large dragon... but he's got animations")

The Route:

Mechanus (turned out it had been changed, R.I.P Modron army) -> Grey Wastes (Zombie hordes, not the best exp truth be told, but pretty fun nonetheless!) -> Slags (Crashed the area twice, exp was mental and the mobs were huge. Thoroughly recommend for parties of around levels 6-12 to go here!) -> Githyanki Ruins (Felt like a raid, tons of Gith, spells and arrows and all sorts flying) -> Water Plane 2 (Again, felt like a big battlefield, with combat taking place all over the zone. F Whips).
I think the bash up continued after I left at Water, going on to the Abyss. Someone will have to confirm!

The Levels:

Overall - 6 hours, level 21 (ECL 22).
2 hours of waiting. We were all roughly level 10 after the first hour (leaving slags).
Barely any gear, apart from some charity from merchants and rebuilds!
Big shout out to Rhistel and their charity box, and Ea'raldor and their endless bags of stuff! If I've missed any generous bloods, do let me know below!

The Prizes:

So I think it's important to let everyone know who did what and where we all stood during the bash up :P So, without further ado, I would like everyone who turned up to the bash up to vote on the following titles! These are just for fun, and I might hand out prizes to the winners IC 

MVP -

Most Munchkin - 

Whackiest Build - 

Most Memorable - 

Biggest Derp - 

Next Time?

Now, it looked to me like people quite enjoyed the bash up. If that's the case, I think we could possibly do some more in the future. It might inject a good few new characters and concepts onto the server without having to go through the pain of grinding (at least, alone and for more than 4 hours). What do you think? Would you like to see this again? If we were to do it, I think I would make it themed, with possibly a few fun rules! And with Halloween coming up...

And of course, to wrap up this post...

Thanks to everyone who turned up! I hope you had fun, and I hope to see you all again soon on this wonderful server of ours!
*alsturiel

Posted by *alsturiel »

Thumbs up. I was the dryad or the guanti free. Just for free tree hugs. I did almost nothing Just bene there with guanti tree form super fin though probably next time i will show up with a crafter build with improbable race so looking forward for the halloween one.^^
*UknowWho

Posted by *UknowWho »

Conversely, declare a OOC bash day that people can come and go to all day long,  have it open to all, and split into more than one group.  Gather higher level bashers and send them off to a higher map.   Honestly, level split is going to happen just throughout the day too.  I lost potential levels in slags just from constant crashing.   In levels, I started out at the head of the group and ended in the low-middle thanks to constant crashes on that map and people being slow to re-add me to the group.  (which I understand because slags is chaotic AF so even seeing that I needed to be invited back in was hard)  Splitting up throughout the day should just be an option, period.  I think a lot of potential OOC grinding was lost trying to unnaturally stick together and wait for people to catch up who joined late, needed to delevel at some point, or just fell victim to crashes that sniped thousands in XP.   I was fine with being fluid and moving between the groups and I think other people would be fine.  It's all OOC so it's not like there has to be a reason to swap groups throughout the day.
*Gadwin

Posted by *Gadwin »

Most Memorable and MVP both belong to Earaldor for nuking the entire starting group to instant death in the bazaar

he has killed more PCs in pvp in a no-pvp area than anyone on the server ever has and ever will, and for that my sides thank him
*Dathi

Posted by *Dathi »

Are you sure that reward doesn't belong to biggest derp then, Gad? :P
*Gadwin

Posted by *Gadwin »

personally i'd give him all 3 since it set the tone for the rest of the day perfectly

but nah he 100% deserves biggest doofus for such a legendary display
*Sareth675

Posted by *Sareth675 »

Legendary roleplaying more like. If anything the whole day may as well have been in character for Ea'raldor >_>

Anyway yes, to add to the list
Me - Ea'raldor - Sorcerer 6 / Fighter 2 / ASoC 10 / EK 10 = I 1v1 bosses and playas yo. Needed some of those new epic spells and... yeah I 1v1 stuff. The arena awaits!

Also we made it to the Abyss and cleared every boss. Hezrou into Hellfire, then we skipped Fatty cos reasons but he would have been the easiest of them
Then we went to Grand and killed Molydeus. Lots of surprised people, I doubt anyone thought we could take a zone like Grand Abyss with a bunch of half geared whacked out builds. But we do.
*Altair

Posted by *Altair »

Checkin' in, Fiona had a blast, and I think she wound up getting nnnnine levels or something? Duelist / Rogue mix with some fighter in for shenanigans.