Silinrul's Thread of Disappearances!

*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

Okay, so I'm sure a few of you have noticed my appearances becoming more and more sparse lately.

There's a reason I always kept this thread around, because I knew my popping-off's would just continue to happen at intervals I could not necessarily foresee or control. Recently I had to give advice to someone out there (you know who you are!) that if life is piling up on you and there's problems you need to deal with, then you *NEED* to deal with them, and put this game off to the side because no game is ever more important than life outside of it.

I meant that with every bit I was able to mean it, and it'd be hypocritical of me if the time came for me to make that same decision, and I didn't follow my own advice. I have spent the better part of the past week thinking this one through because I still have some plots and stories with players, EM-side and playerside alike, that will just be left in limbo. It's regretful, but for now that's where those are going to be staying. I apologize to the players involved in these plots because I did, and in fact still do, want to do these plots, but the time has come for me to step up and face some fairly important RL issues. I'll spare the sob story and say that I would not be leaving, especially with open plots as I have, if I didn't think the situation warranted it.

The bad news to it all is I don't know how long this will take, or how long I'm going to stay away. Don't get me wrong, a decision to stay away from Sigil or NWN2 has nothing to do with the server or the people here, because I love both. It's purely a situation of personal responsibility and time management, and in the end NWN2 game-time is the one I need to cut. I could be gone for a month, I could be gone for years as I was before. Obviously I'm aiming for the former, and I don't actually think the situation would warrant years, but it depends how things go. What I will say is this: if people involved in my plots are still around if/when I return, I will continue those plots if they want. I doubt my interest in them will wane because I was actually excited to do it, but it's not the first time I've had to cut off what I wanted to do in view of what I needed to do.

So, here's hoping this break isn't a long one. Should anyone need me I will -occasionally- check discord, but even on that I've been irregular. It's the only real way to get in touch with me right now though, so leave a message and I'll hopefully answer in at least a day.

LovePeaceandChickenGrease
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Cool cool, good luck with whatever it is you're doing and have fun!
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

Small update on all this stuff.

Yes, I AM still around, and yes I do (to the dread of many) do plan an eventual return here.

No, it is not now. RL is still ruling my life. A new job with long hours, it has a schedule and is supposed to be done in a few months. Supposed to, but we'll see? Good news is it helps pay for the ever-increasing bills, but at only one day off a week with very limited time on that, any sort of big return is a ways off yet.

So there's that, but lets be honest here too, the whole 30 minutes a day I get off right now are also dedicated to the Resident Evil 2 Remake... >_>

Anyway ideally come springtime, the hours I work are supposed to lessen. Should that come to be, I might just pop my head around. I do note I say 'should' very selectively because the job I have means the schedule is more a suggestion than an actual hard limit.

Lovepeaceandchickengrease.
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

There's a reason this thread exists for me, and it continues to rear it's ugly head!

So the disappearance from the past Thursday to Sunday was planned, but some may have noticed I've been gone rather suddenly for a longer length of time than that. The short version? Life and job. Not going into the full sobby details, life has had some unfortunate events happened only further complicated by the job happening to have the same thing. This of course means that until BOTH situations are fixed, my appearances will become irregular and less frequent once more. This isn't me going on a 'no-appearance' break yet, but such can't be ruled out to be upcoming depending on if things get better or worse, both of which at this point are kinda out of my hands.

-insert a string of curse words here-
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

^^^This.... plus a now inconsistently broken laptop, making me have no steady access to the game anymore. How things get.

Anyway I wouldn't call this a 'voluntary' break so much, but it's pretty obvious by now I'm just not gonna be able to be around other than spotty appearances. Doesn't mean I'll never show, it just means I can no longer predict in any reasonable method when those showings will be. Sorry, for those whom were waiting for me to do things, it's best you move on for now. If at the very least I can fix or even get a new laptop, we'll see where to go from there, but considering how tight-budgeted I need to be right now, this is going to be a long-term thing.
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

one out of two problems fixed, the 'working-computer- one. At least I think, knock on wood and all that. Now just a matter of schedule, but at least now I won't be non-existent around here.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

I haven't used this thread in a long time, as you can see by my other screename being the predominant thing here. Still, this may be the very last time it is used. I am deciding to drift away one final time, and this time probably for good.

I'm very well aware given the timing of this, it may seem like I am taking sides in an unfolding drama. This is not the case, and I remain quite happily uninvolved with such from either side.

No, my decision mostly stems from two major issues. First and most importantly, I am married, and with a global pandemic and serious problems cropping up in my life and with my wife, I am genuinely concerned for both the health and future of us both. I have always maintained that RL comes before game life, and this will always and forever be true, so I will practice what I preach.

The second reason, and perhaps happier one, is that I think I've finally been able to close all stories I had going. Through involvement with others, events, and players, my many plethora of characters have had their 'endings,' and while not all of them were happy, they were all certainly satisfying. The last, poetically, came from a roleplay I did with the very first character that I started on this server and a few others around, and that final small but powerful interaction was a wonderful way to cap it all off. Truly, I feel like there's nothing else left for me to do her, and I am satisfied in that.

It is unlikely that I will return, but I also said that the first time of a several-year hiatus that saw my full return several years ago now. so I will never say never. However, as it stands I have truly hit a culmination of great storylines, and I just don't think that better can be done.

So with my departure, I offer one final thanks to those whom joined me on this journey of characters. It's been an absolute blast.