Silinrul's Thread of Disappearances!

*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

So, here's the quick and ugly version.

Life is rough. No news there right? Well it's enough so now that I need to take a break from NWN2 and get some things in order. If I have my way, this will be a very temporary break, just until said things are fixed and otherwise in order, but until then, I'm going to wrap up some plots and then call the rest of things quits for now. Some of you already know I'm doing this, but this message is for those I haven't had a chance to tell yet.

May there be peace, love, and puppies in your life.
*Melmoth

Posted by *Melmoth »

RL always first!

See you soon :).

*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Take care, I hope things get better on your end soon!
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

Real life comes first of course, take care of yourself out there and good luck with what ever it is you got to take care of.
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

So many know that I was waiting until the holidays end to make my appearances more regularly again past a spot here and there, and with that finally here, I'd be coming back, right?

Eh, of course not! Real life strikes again. *shakes fist*

The primary computer I've used to play NWN2 and, well, do just about everything is now suffering from a random crashing problem which I highly suspect is a case of the video card simply being bad, and in the case of a laptop, meaning there's no easy fix. (Yes, I know the whole thing about updated drivers, did all that already, blah blah, it's definitely a video card hardware problem). This of course means instead of coming back, I'll be disappearing even more than I already had until said problem is fixed.

:banghead:

In a way this is also a good thing, for it does not 100% restrict my internet access, just most of my gaming, and with classes starting in a week, it's much more appropriate to focus on that.

So, I -still- plan to come back, but it'll be even longer than wanted.

If you -really- need me.....sorry? I'll try to find a way to log on to this site every once in awhile in the time my computer is being fixed or replaced, but past that I'm gonna be walking outside the ring for awhile! Remember to clean your pantsu every day, and listen to the sagely advice of your sniping lake troll experts.
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

Try opening your laptop and re-applying Thermal paste!
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Sorry to hear that silinrul357, I hope things get better down the line.
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

If it helps you, silinrul357.
I'm willing to part with my current laptop down the line.
It's a Toshiba Satellite P75-A7100.
I'm hoping in the next 3 months to purchase a new one to serve basic functions that I want it to do.

It's not a 100% garente that it will be 3 months, but that is my goal.

You will just need to pay the shipping of this hulking thing, that's my only request from you.
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

No need tis back and knock on wood, rabbit's foot and all, it's good so far.

So! I'll be poking my head around again, and maybe regularly even! Probably not (yet) frequently though until I'm comfortable with my classwork as classes have started. So if things are needed I'll be more readily available for the asking via fourms or discord maybe poke my head in the cage here and there.
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Good stuff, glad to hear your computer is back in action :)