Planar Material list and locations

*artemitavik

Posted by *artemitavik »

I know if you go to the wiki you can look under crafting and see all the various materials and their effects for crafting.

Is there any sort of list or anything of WHERE to find these things?  So those of us new to the whole thing don't jsut wander about aimlessly getting stuff on accident?  I've RPed a few times about it, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of consensus.
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Feel free to add to the wiki as you find out. Good way to go at it is to just add the ones you've yourself found from some area(s). Here's just a couple from the top of my head though:

Mindsilver: Astral Plane
Devilskin: Devils (I'm sure this is a shocker to everyone)
Demonskin: Demons (This too is very shocking)
Tantulhor: Minauros
Solanial Truesteel: Mount Celestia
Aurorum: Carceri

Anyway just a brief start, to get going. :P Add to that list and gradually the wiki will be complete.
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

Mindsilver can also drop from mimics in the Slags tower sometimes.

Abyssal Bloodiron, Twelvetrees Bark and Pandemonic Silver both drop in the Abyss.

There's an array of metals that I've seen drop out of earth (Glassteel, Byshekk, Metalline, a handful of others I don't remember) but I don't know if they're only specific to that zone.

Arboreal Oak I've only ever seen drop from the castle exterior in Niflheim.
*artemitavik

Posted by *artemitavik »

Well, Oertherblood and Glass steal I both remember having dropped in Clangor.  I could have sworn that's where I found Byshekk but I can't be sure.

Where in Earthplane have you seen the stuff drop?  the Rift?  I've never seen anything drop in the Dao Mines or the entrance area.
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

An ingot here or there in the entrance part on various alts.

I imagine they should drop in other parts but that they'd be rare as heck. I've seen one or two drop from Clangor too now you mention it, so they could be in a collective pool of 'doesn't drop anywhere specific but is really rare'.