Christmas Give Away 2018

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Hello everyone, and merry preliminary Christmas!

It's that time of the year once more, where I give away games for free in the spirit of the holidays. For those of you who are new, I've been doing this for several years now. Though the model changed last year as Steam no-longer allows me to buy a list of games to gift away specifically, I am now instead working with a budget up to which I'll spend money to get you free games. It'll be on going until it runs out, or until seasons are out and the thread just gradually disappears from sight.

The current state of budget: All Done(According to steam [like it really isn't] 1 € = 1 $)

I will be updating that as games are gifted. Now there's few things you should know first:
  • Steam only.
  • I will only be purchasing games/expansions currently on discount for you.
  • I will remain at a general maximum of  ~35 euros/$ per game/expansion, per person.
  • I'm going to try to spread the altruism around, so my main goal is to ensure that as many as possible will be accounted for rather than just selective few.
  • I will mostly be looking this once per day.
  • Post in this topic, PM over forums, or contact me via discord. Add your steam ID as well as the game you'd like to get. I've got a lot of accumulated steam contacts from past years of doing this, odds are that I don't remember you.
  • Incase of low budget remaining: I will be biased towards cheaper games/expansions/purchases.
As long as you stay within those limits, it's all good! Depending on how it goes, I may loosen up things toward the end of year. My general order of handling things is a mixture of first come, first served - but also whomever I get all necessary information from first.

Now's a great opportunity to go for some of those short games that have a great story, such as Rumu - it's free for you after all! But I won't argue with your changes. Go for what makes your holidays better!

PS. Despite this requires us to become steam contacts, these aren't babysteps for friendship. :P Steam requires us to be "friends" via mechanics to gift games, but as far as I'm concerned, you can toss me out like an old rag the moment you get the game and we're still all cool.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Fallout 4 is on sale right now. Not that I'm asking, just putting that out there. It popped up in a wishlist email today.
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

Continuing from last year could I ask for Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire season pass pretty pleeeaase? It should only be their 3 DLCs for about 16.49 USD discounted atm. Steam ID is WailinRift

On a side note: nwn:ee is currently 5.99 USD on Steam for those who haven't picked it up yet!
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

And all currently requested - parameters fulfilling, wishes have been bought and sent!
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

Pillars of Eternity 2 as well, user name is the same as form name
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Sent!
*Cibernadie

Posted by *Cibernadie »

I'd like to get Rez Infinite, it's on half price on Steam right now. I hear it's a pretty good game (and the soundtrack is astounding apparently) but i've never gotten around to touch it.
My steam username is BinaryBetrayer many thanks, it's a pretty nice thing to do!
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

Will do, once the friends request is accepted (so steam lets me do it)
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

can i has dragonball fighterZ?  on discount at 23.99 eu *cute greedy puppy eyes* steam name is always Er Nano, thankyou  in case!
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

And all gifts thus far requested sent!