Just As I Was About To Flipping Post A Reply..

*Huelander

Posted by *Huelander »

rgzrrsdz,May 2 2017 wrote: People just say haven is a better sigil these days...
Well, these "people" probably never got very immersed in the Planescape settings. Because Haven is Forgotten Realms, and so lacks of a wide spectrum of available themes for PCs and DMs because of it, starting with the race and cultural background selection. If that is not considered as relevant, then I suppose they would play the exact same character on both servers?

After all. Elminster never asked himself. What can change the nature of a man?
*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

Huelander,May 2 2017 wrote:
rgzrrsdz,May 2 2017 wrote: People just say haven is a better sigil these days...
Well, these "people" probably never got very immersed in the Planescape settings. Because Haven is Forgotten Realms, and so lacks of a wide spectrum of available themes for PCs and DMs because of it, starting with the race and cultural background selection. If that is not considered as relevant, then I suppose they would play the exact same character on both servers?

That is a point which I have wondered about on occasion myself.
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

four thumbs up to this!
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Have a cookie!
:lol:

In all honesty, as much as I have been personally enjoying the stuff WotC puts out for 5th Edition - which is mostly Forgotten Realms setting material - I actually find Forgotten Realms to be the most boring setting of all the D&D settings. I love the way classes are done in 5th, I love the way races are done, I love that they're releasing lots of Unearthed Arcana. But I really wish there was official material which had Greyhawk or Planescape or Dark Sun or Spelljammer as the setting. FR is a decent setting, but it's also the most boring, imho.
I find that they are so busy trying to praise the heroic actions of the players in FR content that there's no room for more intricate plots, a lot of times. My PnP group manages to make our own intricate plots within our different (usually conflicting) character goals, but that's not the work of the WotC content. That's my group doing stuff on top of the official content, our inter-party play.

If people enjoy the RP of Haven, that's cool. I've been there. Wasn't my thing. But I've found way more intricate plots in SCoD than I've found anywhere else. Everyone who wants to is doing something on Sigil. And that's why I love this server.