Mad Monodrone Manufactures Mammalian Modron March!

*Patapatapatapon

Posted by *Patapatapatapon »

Brux, The Beastlands:

The tranquil murderforests of the Beastlands were shaken to their very roots last rotation, when a rogue monodrone provoked a scattering of native wildlife into pursuing it, leading them on a circuitous chase as it slowed their movement with unidentified chronomancy, creating a slow-motion cavalcade of animal fury. As though responding to this galling intrusion, more and more bears joined the pursuit, avalanching in number until Brux, according to harrowed witnesses, became nothing more than a slow-motion ursine whirlpool led by a rotund, whirring piper.

"That was a lot of bears," said Arktinon the Ageless, renowned scholar and second-most-renowned unofficial 'Strongest Mage in Sigil,' "I mean a lot. I say that and you're thinking perhaps ten or so, something trite and given to hyperbole, but I'm telling you, I think it was the entire population. Think of the Blood War, but with bears. That's what it was like. The plane actually tilted on its axis by a quarter of a demi-pancron as they went round and round."

"Given what transpired in Helike recently, we cannot rule out Abyssal influence," stated Factotum Oblisz of the Harmonium, "Nothing is beyond their depravity. Not even the guileless equilibrium of bearhood. There will be an investigation."

"Why is it that every time a modron does something stupid, you all come whining to me?" opined local woman of ill repute who threatened us with castration if we identified her in this article 'Bethany', "Buy a girl a drink or get lost already."

Is this some inscrutable machination of Mechanus? A devious plot from the lower planes? A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing?? What are we to make of the unsettling rumors that there was nothing less than a celestial Archon involved? How do the bears feel about this? More on this baffling tale as it develops.