A Letter To Junathoraxus The Blind

*Sinlinara

Posted by *Sinlinara »

wrote:A letter to Junathoraxus the Blind.

Juna,
I have tried multiple times in the past to try to get you to see reason and each time they have fallen on deaf ears.  Even now, I do not expect what I am about to say to reach you.  Because of this I am sharing this publicly in the hopes that those who are uninformed may know who you really are.

First, I want to respond to your latest article in SIGIS. 

You have named yourself Sigil's Patron, stated your allegiance to Clan Hiromo, noted your origins on Mount Celestia, claimed to be a protector of beasts, and displayed your position within the Harmonium.  Because I believe this is a false impression of who you are I would like to clarify a few things. 
To begin with, I wonder how you can claim to be Sigil's patron when the stated reason for the Winter Attacks was because of your doing.  Although I no longer believe this to be true, you still offered them their Casus Belli even if it was only an attempt to divert our attention away from them and onto you.  If you are a patron, then I have to ask what it is that you are giving to the city and if so wonder if it is a thing to be proud of.
I am also of the understanding that the head of the Hiromo Clan himself has said that you are out of his control and that you will not listen to him.  Can you really claim to be a member when you have reneged on your oath of servitude to him? 
What's more, I've also had the pleasure of talking to one of your former Celestial followers, who after hearing of your actions renounced you and said that the Celestial Mountain will no longer support you. 
And unfortunately, I have also born witness to your 'protection' of the Karasuthran Werewolf Indep known as Altair, whom you mentally tormented while he was in Harmonium custody.
And finally, having spoken to a number of Harmonium myself, the overwhelming opinion seems to be that your many claims of loyalty have divided your obligations to the faction (rather unharmoniously) and that they will not support your actions in Brux.

But there is one more thing that you did.  You claimed yourself Feylord yet again.  Of course, it can offhandedly be dispelled by noting that you have no position within our courts and thus have no right to claim such a title, but I want to discuss this further. 
To begin with.  You are not our lord.  You claim to be lord of Fey under the misunderstood pretense that we are little better than the Chaotic Slaads and that your order must be enforced upon us under the misguided belief that it is Good and that we cannot decide it for ourselves and thus somehow need you to show us the way. 
I believe when you first started attempting to claim this title we discussed this together in Brux, you and I.  You were fervent in explaining that you were attempting to bring Order and Law to the area and to stop Seelie and Unseelie from fighting amongst each other.  At that time I believed in the metallic sheen of your scales that you would come to see the right path in time and simply asked you to consider whether or not it was Good to do what you were attempting.  Since then, your fellow metallic dragons and Champions of Bahamut have attempted to dissuade you from this path, but you have not listened to them any more than myself or the authorities you have sworn yourself to.

Still, I do not believe you will listen to me, but allow me to address a few matters to you personally.

You do not understand that to obtain any title among our kind you must earn that position through renown and status in our courts.  You try to subvert us, to push your laws onto us, without realizing that our way; the fighting between Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter; is what keeps the cycles moving, seasons changing, and nature flourishing.  By trying to force us to follow your laws you are endangering the lives of countless mortals - but you do not listen to us when we tell you this. 

You, in your arrogance, do not understand that you are little more than a child to us; yet you have somehow come to the conclusion that our relations are reversed.  You, in your ignorance, do not listen to us when we tell you that everything you have done to try to help us has only hurt us further.  You, in your blindness, do not notice that your actions are more befitting of a child of Tiamat than a noble son of Bahamut.  You, in your deafness, have not listened to those whose authority you have sworn yourself to when they tell you to discontinue these actions and that they will not support you in them.

Perhaps you have noticed that no right-minded Fey wants anything to do with you.  Perhaps it has come to your attention that the Fey to whom you are trying to offer refuge have instead taken refuge in my establishment.  Perhaps you would like to know that both Seelie and Unseelie stay with me, and that for many of them the refuge they seek is from you. 

I want to make this clear: you are not our lord, regardless of what claims you make, and the only one trying to disrupt the harmony of our courts is You.  You have no right to claim or even request to lead us in our battles against the Pale Prince.  I can assure you personally that we already have our leaders doing just that, and they are far more noble than you.

Your actions are discordant.  You are blinded by arrogance.  You are deafened by pride.  If you truly wish to aid us you must first set aside these things, make reparations for your actions, and finally make an effort to understand us. 
Until then, you will forever be Junathoraxus the Blind - An enemy of Fey.

~Sincerely,
Aleis of Spring.
*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

*response to Sigs*

A lengthy response which ceaselessly attempts to slander and discredit me on many fronts while obfuscating the crux of the matter. It is I who have remained steadfast in this ordeal, despite the tumult perpetrated by my enemies.

The matter at hand is simple.

It is the fey who invade the Beastlands and torment its inhabitants long before my arrival upon the mountain began to set things to right. It is the beasts of the Happy Hunting Grounds which suffer from your chaotic wars. For a brief time, they had a reprieve, where I had established my kingdom upon the mountain, granted them my protection, and pacified the rambunctious fey.

As for the Wolf-man Altair,

The torments which weigh upon his mind are not of my making, but his current freedom is. For forget not that it was I who cast away the shadows encircling him. It was I who uncovered and presented the evidence which led to his vindication and release.

Harmony will be preserved, at all costs.