The Abjurors Arsenal.

*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

Hello Cagers, my name is Miranda Illdesserin and if you've ever inquired about a merchant who sells magic wares, you've more then likely heard my name already and that's ok, I still encourage you to read on. I am the owner of the Abjurors Arsenal, an arcane emporium here in Sigil and I've been supplying everyone in the cage, both residents and visitors with magic wares for almost four years now and I can safely say if you look around you wont go a cycle with out finding a dozen or so people who owns something they bought from my business. I would like to tell you more about my business but first, a little bit about me and why I stand apart from the other merchants out there.

I hail from Faerun which is a continent on the prime of Toril, I was born in the powerful prosperous lands of Thay, a nation known for its magically capable wizards who are all part of a collective known as the Red Wizards of Thay. I was brought into the Thayan Academy of Magic at age five and over the next thirteen years I became a devoted arcanist to the school of Abjuration and the art of artifice and creation of magic items. I graduated the academy at age eighteen to under take my own magical research and projects and have been traveling the various primes and planes ever since.

All fine and good yes? But how does that seperate me from the rest of the merchants?

The keywords above are "The School Of Abjuration". The magic school of Abjuration deals with manipulating magic into powerful effects that protect wizards and their allies from a variety of harmful and unwanted effects and it is on a basic level, that fact right there that sets me apart from the rest.

Anyone can enchant magic items to protect you from enemy blows, or to shield your mind from mental attacks, or even to resist harmful elements like fire and acid but can many in Sigil put forth such careful attention to detail on the level I can? No...not many can. The merchants out there are capable of enchanting but to them its a business, but to me its more then that, its an -art form-, its my way of life, it's my passion. Anyway, enough about me, read below and you will find s description of all the crafting services I offer and dont be fooled, im not just about protecting my customers, my interest in crafting and artifice has drawn me into a vast array of crafting skills to compliment each other.

When you visit the Abjurors Arsenal which is located inside Illdesserin Tower which you will find in the Ladys Ward you will find a shop that provides almost any magical service you can require, including....

Potions:Most people are familiar with the one use containers of portable magic out there, potions can provide a staggering amount of magical effects depending on which magic spell the container is imbued with. I can provide potions with arcane spells up to the third circle of spells which means a great number of options are available to you if you need a quick bit of magic in your travels. I can also make spell sequencer potions! What are those you ask? Sequencer potions store actual spells, rather then actual chemical spell-like effects and can hold almost any powerful spell that effects yourself from the first circle to the ninth, I offer three flavors of sequencers, lesser, standard and greater sequencers which hold one two or three spells respectivly.

Wands:Magic wands are another common must have for travelers, like potions they store magic spells to be used at a later time, up to the fourth spell circle and the great thing that makes wands so powerful and such a must have is unlike potions they are not one use items, place a spell on a wand and you will typically get to trigger that magic effect up to FIFTY TIMES.

Scrolls:Spell scrolls are in many respects on the same table as potions, they are generally one use items, holding magics from the first circle to the ninth, the difference is using spell scrolls does require certain magical knowledge, at least a basic understanding of how to cast magic. The upside is if you have such knowledge and say...a spell book but you don't have the spell on the scrol written inside said book...well with some time and concentration you can fix that and have access to the spell, forever!.

Magic Items: Sigil is literally in the middle of everywhere, and as such many, many magic items of all kinds find their way to her markets and the hands of her merchants. I have hundreds of magic items in stock of many different types, so many I cant even begin to list them all here so you will have to come to the Abjurors Arsenal and check out my displays yourself.

Enchanting & Smithing: Sometimes, the magic items that find their way to Sigils markets just dont meet the needs of its people and the planes walkers, sometimes people want a chiv or suit of armor with that personal touch, something made -just- for them. As a dedicated and practiced crafter and enchanter i can walk you through custom requests all the way from the fires of my state of the art forge, all the way to the final enchanting process to really polish off that freshly made sword or shield or suit of armor.

Golemcraft: Yes...you read that right, golems!. One of my pride and joys in life is my love and passion for the art of the construct, i've been fabricating constructs since my early days in the Thayan Academy and continue to do so to this day. I am now offering a variety of construct models to my customers all of various abilities and styles. When you place an order for a golem it is important to note that because of the delicate nature of the work it may take anywhere from two days to many days to complete the construct between the body fabrication and programming the construct to suit your specific needs and tasks. I want to make something very clear, my constructs are all fully functional and will endure the rigors of what ever you tell them to do, but more then work horses they are also works of art and they are NOT toys to be used and abused. My golems, because of the materials I use and the methods i employ in their construction are not cheap and are easily the most expensive of services I offer, ranging from nine thousand jink to the low hundred thousand jink range so please, treat them well and don't put them in situations in which they may become damaged beyond repair, you will not get your money back if you use these powerful servants recklessly.

Thats the chant on the Abjurors Arsenal, your one stop shopping for all your arcane and magic needs, all under one roof.

Sounds great, but what about prices?. Dont worry, I cater to customers of ALL wealth levels, from new arrivals in the City Of Doors to established planes walkers. If you have a coin purse that requires dragon strenght to carry or if your coin purse still has room for air it doesnt matter, at the Abjurors Arsenal I likely have something for you.