A Grand Tournament!

*AniKai

Posted by *AniKai »

Welcome all! Prove your mettle! Have you what it takes to win the prize? Prove it, for all!

At the Arena, two divisions - spellflingers and warriors! And third, for a mixed bunch! And in the end, a grand mix - what is better, mind or a weapon?

Come all, come see - the Grand Tournament!

At the Arena, Gymnasium at Clerk's Ward, sponsored by Mir Fnar!

First prize, 100,000 jink; second 75,000; third 50,000.

((OOC: this coming Saturday 13th June, 18:00 GMT))
*MirielKanan

Posted by *MirielKanan »

//I'll be keeping track of this event as an EM. This is indeed a Cipher Event and I have determined that I will probably be doing a lot with this faction. That being said there are rules that must be followed:

1.) All battles will be limited to two minutes. If there is no victor then the person with the greatest amount of HP is determined to be the winner.

2.) There is to be no healing. Anyone caught healing will be automatically disqualified.

3.) No regeneration. (Spell only, equipment and racial abilities are exempt from this rule.)

4.) No summoning. Summoning a creature during the fight is an automatic disqualification.

5.) No expendables. (Potions, wands, scroll, ect.)

6.) No buffing. (At all? at all.) The only time this rule will be overlooked is during the mixed battle in which you will have 20 seconds to buff. When the ref says time then all buffing will cease or the ref will use a dispel on the offending player. There will be no penalty if you are in mid buff when the ref calls for time however. (Still no regeneration or healing spells.)

The Fighters and Mages will have no buff's during there tournament as it is all meant to be offense. The winners of each tournament will then face one another in a one on one, no holds barred mixed battle combining against magic and sword. Buffs will of course be allowed by both sides. though healing or regeneration is still considered cheating. There will be a Grand Prize for the winner of the mixed battle. Who will win???
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

//Just a few questions Miriel, as you seem to have left a few questions...

1) Will you let players use their own items or will they given basic equipment? If you try to impose the no regen and no healing (vampiric regen) rule on player items, you're disqualifing the vast majority of Fighters who are usually using those enchantments as there's not much better... and lets not say anything about stuff like the Brazen set that have a bunch of spells that can end a stalemate.

2) Are rangers and HiPSers also considered warriors for these engagements? HiPS vs fighters who generally don't have detection skills as a class skill is an auto-win for the HiPSing PC; even so, usually there is a rule that they have to be visible half the fight to give the opposing side a chance.

3) Does using one's abilities (ie: rage, bardic inspiration) count as buffing?//
*AniKai

Posted by *AniKai »

Tomekk,Jun 11 2015 wrote: //Just a few questions Miriel, as you seem to have left a few questions...

1) Will you let players use their own items or will they given basic equipment? If you try to impose the no regen and no healing (vampiric regen) rule on player items, you're disqualifing the vast majority of Fighters who are usually using those enchantments as there's not much better... and lets not say anything about stuff like the Brazen set that have a bunch of spells that can end a stalemate.

2) Are rangers and HiPSers also considered warriors for these engagements? HiPS vs fighters who generally don't have detection skills as a class skill is an auto-win for the HiPSing PC; even so, usually there is a rule that they have to be visible half the fight to give the opposing side a chance.

3) Does using one's abilities (ie: rage, bardic inspiration) count as buffing?//
1) gear, ultimately, should be equal. Get such (or be provided).
2) depends on how warrior / ranger setup will be.
3) buffing prematurely does count (be it rage, or inspiration, or whatever), but using class abilities during combat not so.
*MirielKanan

Posted by *MirielKanan »

//AniKai did a good job of summarizing thanks. I will however remove the gear/equipment rule. The spell is out but the equipment or ability regen is in.

HIPster's are not warriors for the sake of the tournament. Therefore HIPS is out for this tournament. I might run HIPS tournaments another day but not for this one. Combat Rangers may fight but no HIPS or sneaking.

All racial/class abilities are allowed but only after combat begins. If bards are fighting please do not toggle your inspirations until combat starts.

If I missed anything or if there are anymore questions feel free to ask. Also thank you Tomekk for these questions, sometimes in my excitement I forget how diverse Sigil truly is.