Signer Quarantine Lifted!

*S.I.G.I.S.

Posted by *S.I.G.I.S. »

There was much rejoicing this morning as the Harmonium's quarantine on the Council Chambers was lifted, and several thousand members of the Sign of One were allowed to go home. Many of them seemed to be unaware of the events which had occurred. SIGIS culler, and member of the Signers, Gil Centris told us:

"The wizards have been working overtime blanking the memories of as many Signers as possible, while a handful of the Harmonium's highest-up archmages weaved a powerful spell to negate the crisis. It seems that the assassinations were started by some cutter who'd created a psychic poison so potent that merely imagining it was enough to be affected by it! Naturally, as Signers have more active imaginations than most, it was a particularly deadly threat to our faction.

"Once the idea'd been introduced to a handful of Signers that the assassin was doing this, the sod must've left the cage. Rumours and hearsay did the rest of the dirty work for him: Those poor cutters who tried using magic to determine the assassin's nature were instant victims of the poison, of course.

"Anyway, the crisis is over now, as the mages managed to neutralise the poison, wherever it is. Makes a body think, though: If the imagination's powerful enough to do something like this, maybe the plan to revive dead powers ain't so barmy after all!"

The nature of the assassin is not known (and no psychic's prepared to risk their life finding out, either). It's been speculated that Ilsensine might be behind the attempt, or the githyanki, both being users of psionics. A motive, however, has not been established, and frankly it is unlikely the mystery will be resolved.

The Fated are left to pick up the bill for the operation - an estimated fifty thousand gold. A tax office spokesperson warned that an increase in the basic rate for individuals and businesses was now likely.

Alexi Goldman
-Contributer