Cadre's "death Spider" Threat Enacted

*S.I.G.I.S.

Posted by *S.I.G.I.S. »

SIGIL -- A third attack on the Lady's Ward today drew hundreds of spectators to the Noble District. In a break from their normal routine of using hidden explosive devices, the Cadre continued its reign of terror in an even more hideous fashion. Bezzen Hempstock, renowned founder and owner of the Genteel Robier, Sigil's finest apparel shop, was found dead today, strung up in an Abyssal-like contraption out of a nightmare.

Bezzen's limbs and head were detached from his torso and piked on to a giant steel and gear spider contraption which actually walked down Lord's Row, chanting the phrase: "Theft no more, theft no more" over and over again. In front of the Palace of the Jester, the construction collapsed, though it continued to chant the strange phrase. (Hempstock was presumably put in the dead-book before he was attached to the metallic spider.)

Hardhead patrols quickly dispersed spectators and continued their investigation in this strange twist to the Cadre's repertoire of terror.

Measure Three Ghex, now the special investigator in charge of this case, had little to say on this latest development. Looking haggard and a bit perturbed, Ghex said, "Again we are doing everything we can to bring these barbarians to justice. We have confirmed that the Cadre is behind these incidents and continue working to expose members of the cell. Other than that, I can say no more."

A citizen's action group, the Ladies for Justice, in the Lady's Ward has called for swifter action in this case. Jula Hempstock, Bezzen's widow, has donated much of his fortune to the group. Fara Lin, the group's chairwoman, told SIGIS, "It is obvious that these attacks come from unfortunates living in the Hive and other lesser wards who envy our success and stature. These animals must be made to suffer for disrupting our lives. I hope the Harmonium scrag them quickly and let the Mercykillers make them pay the music and we will do everything in our power to make this a reality."

Zeines Pauch
--Independent Culler