Poor Richard's Dose Of Truth Followup

*Richard_Saunders

Posted by *Richard_Saunders »

wrote:Since a fan has chosen to ask, and seems to not have completely grasped the nature of my article, I feel like I should give a general response.  It's not my desire to engage in a debate of perspective, only clarify a few points that I may have neglected previously.

First I have absolved no one of anything.  There is not one mention of anyone being innocent of wrongdoing.  I am speaking of events of the last couple of days, not the past.  The current uprising of tension and aggression.  If we cannot get our heads out of the past then we will never see a brighter future, only darkness.  There are different officers in place, who seem to want to better represent law and justice, and those you have named are no longer present as faction representatives are they?

Please do also note that my condemnation is of the anarchs that are murdering and endangering people, innocent bystanders and Triad alike.  There are those seeking peaceful change, as with the Ilmateri beggar in the bazaar, and I actually applaud that tactic as sensible.

Your assertion that the anarchs won't hurt you if you agree with them is false, and proven false with the bombing of Khazeet's.  One dead and who knows how many injured, and you think the bomber asked everyone present if they agreed with him before throwing his contraption?

Contrary to your assumption I do not accept anyone's influence nor have I had the Triad try to impose anything on me.  They are in place to keep the peace, enforce laws for everyone's protection.  If not them then who will take their place as I said?  You would rather another faction be responsible for your protection?  You think you can protect yourself against everything in the Cage?  Like any group the Triad are people, and they are not perfect, but to respond with violence to that imperfection is folly.

It's a shame that I have lost a fan, but maybe next time, if an anarch bomb goes off and injures you or kills a loved one you can tell me how you fare trying to get the revs to find and punish the perpetrator.

Richard Saunders
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

A brief response to Richard's Article with snippets from his writings.
wrote:
wrote: First I have absolved no one of anything.  There is not one mention of anyone being innocent of wrongdoing.
You're right, there isn't one mention of the Triad not engaging in wrongdoing. There are numerous mentions:
wrote:it is not the Triad murdering in the streets.  It is not the Triad endangering innocents...  It is not the Triad drawing more soldiers into the streets with vile acts of murder and mayhem.
Oh, but they are. Leave the comfort of the bazaar for a day and come to the Hive. See it for yourself and you'll realize that they're no better than those who attack innocents at Khazeet's.

The rest of your article is filled with sardonic caricatures of my legitimate criticism and a petulant reiteration of what you previously wrote. I yearn for the days of quality writing in S.I.G.I.S., though I must admit, you had me fooled for a moment. Good day sir.

-Roy Berghez
-Contributer
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

(((remember not to answer to other players posts as regular players cannot do the same in SIGIS... the threads cannot be replied to. Also... SIGIS isn't the internet. Published debates are difficult at best and would be days apart ;)
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

(((noted)))