Sensate Party Levels Hull Road

*S.I.G.I.S.

Posted by *S.I.G.I.S. »

The Festival held by the Society of Sensation last week at their Civic Festhall Headquarters to usher in the New Cycle ended in tragedy and recriminations when a bubbed-up spell key merchant accidentally opened several portals to Arborea and Sylvania.

According to eyewitnesses, a mob of six dozen bacchae sniffed out the party and poured into Sigil from Out-of-Town. Apparently incensed by the Harmonium's presence at the celebration, the mob was rapidly whipped up into a blood frenzy and proceeded to demolish fifteen buildings on Hull Road, near to the Festhall.

Factor Tarony Whitewine of the Sensates told SIGIS: "It was like a scene from the battlefields of Carceri! The sodding bacchae ignored all pleas for calm and just smashed up three taverns. I'm all for a bit of a knees-up, but they just went too far. They'd have attacked the Civic Festhall too, if we hadn't fought fire with fire."

Guvner high-ups are investigating whether the combined response of the Sensate and Harmonium was justified. Survivors reported a series of explosions as fireballs and cones of cold were used to repel the bacchae horde from the Festhall. It is unlikely any action will be taken against the mages responsible, despite angry recriminations from the priesthoods of Pan and Dionysis.

In related news, violent scuffles broke out in the Abyssal Roulette room as Zurfil, a pit fiend notorious for heavy drinking, and J'laxx, a balor in the legions of Graz'zt, played for Azzagrat and Avernus respectively. Both claimed to have won the other's home plane, but it was later revealed that both baatezu and tanar'ri were actually cheating. As their lesser companions fought tooth and claw, the two high-ups teleported away, and have not been seen since.

All baatezu approached by SIGIS cullers subsequently declined to comment upon Zurfil's erratic behaviour, or whether it is likely he will be punished by the Dark Eight for turning the fiends into a laughing stock.

-SIGIS Sam
Clerk's Ward Consultant