In Memoriam

*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

Two bodies were found within a Hive alleyway yesterday by ratcatcher Philo Scurm. According to the eyewitness, "I though' they wuz jus' clothin' an' I was gonna be steppin' out fine till I saw the blood. Never seen skin in strips like 'at before." Murder is assumed, and the Hive garrison of the Harmonium is said to be investigating.

The deceased were identified as Doctors Bryce and Emelie d'Auchritian, Prime humans, aged thirty-six and twenty-eight, husband and wife, noted instructors in the art of abjuration, and founders of the Academie d'Convocaire in the Lady's Ward. According to Mortuary sources, attempts to magically revive the deceased were unsuccessful. Possible motives for their death have not been announced by authorities. The two were heirless.

Closed-casket services will be held at the Academie d'Convocaire in two days. The Society of Wand & Scroll has made a donation of 25,000 jink in their name to Gatehouse Charities, and Magister Minerva of the Bazaar Scroll Shoppe is currently heading a taskforce seeking a replacement to take over the running of their school; interested magi are asked to provide complete resumes, financial statements, and a complete list of professional references.

((OOC: this is connected to events in the "Somewhere in the Hive" thread in the In Character forum. There is no intention to actually hire anyone, alhtough anyone interested in that "position" is free to contact me in-game))