Adventures & Exploits Of Nym The Magnificent, I

*Lost and not Found

Posted by *Lost and not Found »

Disclaimer: This is a part of my attempt to create a public biography for one of my characters; I make no promises of quality literacy, sense of humour or good taste. Thus if you read any further, you do it at your own risk.

Due to intensive reader request, the editorial department of S.I.G.I.S has decided to republish the popular series of the ageless adventures and exploits of the dark elf Nym the Magnificent, Pride and Disgrace of Svartalfheim, Master Captain of the Dancing Hoops, Interpreter of the Prime Brainbox, Chess-Lord of Modron Cogwheels, Lore-Stealer of Beastlands, and countless more to go.

We begin the series with an epic duel that took place in the City of Brass, not more than two Sigilian centuries ago:

The Duel of Brass

This was the first and last meeting of the two bloods, both fierce and skilled with the art of chivs. Dark elf Nym, the Magnificent, stood to the right and faced off the fire prince Abarrox XoÂ’or, the Kin-Slayer, on the left. Neither of the bloods showed willingness of steppping aside, willingness of admitting being the wielder of the lesser blade. Thus, a line was drawn and the narrow street lay clogged. The dark elf mocked an advice for Abarrox XoÂ’or to step aside, or die.

Abarrox XoÂ’or wielder of the great axe Mor Kkyddan wore his chainmail of dragonÂ’s scales, his eyes struck out the red flames of his rage, his tempest and fury known both as fierce and great, his strength of arms more brutal than that of a Slaadi. At the time, he was the Captain of the Guard, Master of Arms, and a cruel tyrant of self-claimed right by his own might.

And there laid waiting against him, Nym, both dwarfed in size and cloaked in grey of his home of Svartalfheim. He rested his hands under the cloak of grey, and surely held on to the hilts of his twin blades, better known as the Twin Bleeders from his travels on the planes. He smiled as he usually did and relied on his grace of virtue to deliver the day as his.

The Kin-SlayerÂ’s great axe Mor Kkyddan was raised high, as an answer that ringed true to the nature of the chivÂ’s and itÂ’s wielderÂ’s name. The dark elf did not wait for the axe to land; he leaped forwards darting from side to side and to cut down the distance twice. He tumbled down, thus dodging cleave of the great axe, with eyes sharp and ready to strike he aimed a blow by his left, but was brought down first by a fist to his face. Abarrox XoÂ’or the Kin-Slayer wasted no moment as he kicked the blade away and crushed NymÂ’s fingers by ten, under the weight and heel of his boot of scales. The Kin-Slayer relaxed and reached for his great axe to finish the deed, but stood stopped in disbelief. You see, the dark elf, had struck a dagger laid hidden in the sleeve of his broken left through Abarrox XoÂ’orÂ’s knee by his most healthy right. Both of them thus fallen down to ground, had their eyes locked against a matching pair on the other side, until the dark elf plucked and stole the sight from Abarrox XoÂ’orÂ’s eyes, thus calling him the Blind.

So fell down the once mightiest blood of the City of Brass, some say the deed was gained through nothing but a chance of luck. Yet even up to this day, the dark elf Nym, has not gained the tittle of blind himself.