Golems Run Amok!

*Rust

Posted by *Rust »

Sigil, approximately 12:00pm (sigil time).

Hordes of mechanical creatures of ill intent descended upon the Great Bazaar today in a destructive wave of metal. Several dozen citizens were killed, and nearly three times that wounded by the creatures, apparently either out of control or without masters. Golems of all types and construction started pouring out of the Lower Ward, from iron, to clay, and in all sizes and forms.

The Harmonium, under the leadership of one Cratten Erroc, rallied to protect citizens and property in the nearby Lady's Ward and Great Bazaar. Their efforts prevented a great deal of damage and deaths at the hands of these rogue constructs.

"The Harmonium saved us! Huzzah for the Hardhea*cough-cough* Harmonium!" - grateful citizen

"Down with the hardheads! Bah, things were just getting interesting! Peanut Butter!" - fuming Xaositect

The origins of this astounding number of mechanical assailants is unknown at this time, although clues point in the direction of the Great Foundry.

- Derk D'Ablo, S.I.G.I.S Staff Reporter.
*pelhikano

Posted by *pelhikano »

"Sorry everyone, I was playing with my tin soldier set and I think I got into it a bit too much." - A Signer
*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

*Cratten looks at the news papers and states jestingly out loud* "Well better there ain't two of us, I hate competition... though another of me could do the paper work."
*hunvagy

Posted by *hunvagy »

*After his morning coffee, Mash runs across the paper for a good read. Upon coming on the article, he chuckles at his seat*

I wonder when I became Harmonium.. or the others that helped stopping the Mastergolem. Oh well, they did stop them from killing everyone.. I guess that's the best they did so far.
*Rust

Posted by *Rust »

New headline:

Mechanical Roaches Invade Sigil!

Hundreds, if not thousands, of these metallic vermin emerged from nearly all points of the compass, as well as underground, swarming our streets and alarming our citizens last night. Several hundred attacks have been reported, but no fatalities, as it seems the creatures immediately retreat after only one bite. Only small children and creatures shorter than three feet seem to be in any kind of real hazard, and in one case the creatures apparently tried to carry off a live kobold, intact. Only intervention of the Harmonium saved the tiny reptillian.

Then as quickly as they appeared, they vanished into the city. A few scattered sightings are being reported here and there, but for the most part, the roaches seem to be avoiding contact now, and sticking to small nooks, crannies, dark alleys, and other difficult to reach places in Sigil.

Citizens are notably nervous at the prospect of being bitten in their sleep, and efforts to seal any holes or crevices in their dwellings and homes are underway all over the city.

Harmonium Factotum: "The creatures represent little threat to organized citizenry, however, we'll increase our patrols to ensure the peace and well-being of Sigil's residents"

Fated Named: "Bah! It's up to us to protect ourselves, nobody wants to rely on the hardheads, hmph."

Hive Ward Citizen: "It's just an excuse to try to finally establish patrols in our corner of the City. Just you watch. Then after them, the a'cursed tax collectors.".

- Derk D'ablo, S.I.G.I.S Staff Reporter