Race: Human
Languages: Common
Accent: Waterdhavian
==
Height: 5'2" (157.5 cm)
Weight: 120 pounds (54.5 kg)
Body build: Lean muscle
Skin type: Smooth clear skin
Hair style: Short shoulder length black hair, highlighted in silver. It usually hangs in curls that seem to have a life of their own

Colouring:
  • Hair: black
  • Eyes: deep green, shifting from light green to brown depending on mood
  • Skin: Fair skinned
Mental Information
Alignment: chaotic good
Philosophy: Enjoy each moment, be kind to others always, work hard and do your best
Deity/Beliefs: Tymora
Personality:
Quiet until she gets to know you. She likes to have fun and is occasionally mischievous. She loves to smile. 
Slightly indecisive and doesn't like to be pushed into making a decision, but once she does, she is all in. 

Gear: When in adventuring gear, two short swords are strapped to her hips.
Jewelry: Around her neck she wears a copper chain with a pendant in the shape of a copper dragon hanging from it. A diamond engagement ring adorns her left ring finger. It is crafted of white gold and copper. 
Habbits/hobbies: Drinking copious amounts of coffee, eating pastries, and reading
General Health: In good health
Favorite Drink: Coffee
Weaknesses: 
*Lewre

Posted by *Lewre »

She was just out for a walk, to clear her head and think. She didn't know what to do and she was nearly out of options. Then, -it- happened. She still didn't know what -it- was. She just knew she was walking down  the street in Waterdeep and the next thing she knew she was bumping into this man on a strange street who knows where. He was kind to her and her gut told her she could trust him. So, when he asked if she'd like to get a drink at a place called The Fat Candle, she said yes. Her mind was a bit fuzzy, she still hadn't figured out a plan, and now she was suddenly here in a strange new place. I guess it was time to find a Plan C.

Once they found a quiet booth he introduced himself, "I'm James. Are you new to Sigil, Miss....?" 

"Lewre. And, yes. I am." 

He called over a waitress and ordered their drinks. They made small talk. He was also from Waterdeep and he explained to her that most people know nothing of the place she was now in. They wander in by accident, usually. Just as she had. Before they finished their drinks a friend of his walked in. Lewre instantly liked the redheaded female. She had a feeling that if she ended up staying here they'd be good friends. The three of them continued to talk for a long while. She learned a lot about this new place she found herself in. James and Ronja showed her the gathering spot by Dion's. James showed her where to buy armor and helped get her set up in a room at Chirper's. 

The next day James took her out training so she could get used to her armor and her new blades. When they were done with that he showed her around Sigil some more and then decided to show her a place called Karasuthra. It was night there, he told her it always was. Sitting there under the moonlight she was perfectly content to just visit and chat quietly with her new friend. During the conversation she found out that he had recently lost his wife. Having lost her father and more recently, her mother, she knew the pain of losing someone you love. He had grown quiet, watching the moon and thinking about his wife. She reached a hand over and placed it gently on his arm. She wanted him to know it was okay. Okay to grieve. Okay to remember. Okay to talk about it or keep quiet, whichever he preferred. They didn't stay long after that. 

As she sat in her room at Chirper's that night she smiled. She was in a strange new place. She knew none of the people there. She knew none of the customs. Their way of speaking was different. The place seemed...rough, to say the least. But she somehow knew she'd found home. Something about the place called to her. Something within her told her to stay, start fresh, and build a new life. She had no idea where life was about to take her, but she now had an option she had known nothing about the morning before. She was happy and despite the roughness of some of the locals, she felt safe. 
*Lewre

Posted by *Lewre »

Settling In

Things were going well. She'd been in Sigil for several days and was finding a good balance for life. She and James spent nearly every waking minute together. He took her to train nearly every day and she was getting better with her blades. It had become kind of a thing for them to go to Daisy's for a cherry cheese pastry and coffee after each training session. She did love those pastries. Sometimes they would get the pastries and take them down to the Bazaar to see if there was anyone to chat with or if anything exciting was going on. She was getting to know people and even somehow got involved in planning an event something like a variety show for the local performers. They had asked her if she wanted to participate on stage and she declined. She didn't like being the center of attention, but she didn't mind helping behind the scenes. James loaned her books so she'd have something to read at night before she drifted off to sleep. Life was good. She couldn't imagine going back to her old life now. This "third option" had become -the- option. 

After several days of this, James had her over to his rooms at Chirper's for a meal one evening. They talked about his late wife, about how he had found out he was a dragon and what that meant and how he was handling it, and many other things. She felt like she got a glimpse of James that night that maybe not a lot of people did. She was happy to be his friend. If someone had told her she was in love she would have denied it. What she did know is that she liked spending time with him and that she looked forward to seeing him every morning when it was time to train. 

He walked her to her room that night after they were done visiting. He asked if he could ask her one more question. When she said that'd be fine she heard him say, "Would you think me forward if I asked for a kiss?" She was surprised, but she wasn't upset. She told him no, and he was a perfect gentleman about it. He didn't push or ask again, or even ask why not. He simply replied with, "As you wish." This endeared him to her a little more. As he was turning to walk away she, very impulsively, stood on her tiptoes and gave him a kiss on the cheek before quickly turning away and going into her room so he wouldn't see the blush on her cheeks. What had she done?
*Lewre

Posted by *Lewre »

The First Date

It wasn't long after that first meal they shared in James' apartment that he asked her on an actual real date. This was her very first. She was nervous. He had packed a simple picnic and took her to Karasuthra again. It was beautiful there, and easily one of her favorite places to be. That night they talked about many things, one of them being that he liked her. He wanted to see where a relationship could go between them. 

She told him her concerns, things that were holding her back from saying yes. He hadn't lost his wife that long ago and she thought maybe he was just lonely and that spending time with her was helping him feel less lonely, and that it wasn't really her that he wanted. He assured her that he had thought of that and really believed it wasn't true. He did miss his wife, but he wasn't trying to replace her. 

She told him she wanted to say yes to deepening a friendship with him, but something was holding her back. She wasn't sure what. She just knew that so much had happened to her and so quickly that she really needed time to just find herself and grow into the person -she- really was. That she liked him an awful lot too, but she didn't want to be unfair to him. He understood her hesitations. He was a good listener. His reply to her fears was, "Then let me be perfectly honest with you. Here is what I'm -not- promising you. I'm not promising a perfect life, with a picket fence and three half dragon babies running around. I'm not promising a happily ever after. I'm not promising a romantic life full of sunsets. What I -am- promising, is that if you stick around, I will continue to enjoy your company, and see where this goes. That we will have fun, and if it doesn't work out, then we will be good friends who gave it a go. That's what I'm promising." She asked if he -really- meant that. He said, "I'd not be ok with missing the opportunity to try. To test the waters and see what happens." It was then that she decided she wanted this. She wanted to date James and get to know him better. She wanted to let herself fall in love with him. She asked him if they could take it very slow and he promised that she would be the one to determine how slowly or quickly things progressed between the two of them.

She agreed in the end, to go on more dates. When he walked her to her door that night she gave him another kiss on the cheek. She laid in her bed that night with many thoughts on her mind. One thing she hadn't brought up on their date was one thing she couldn't talk to him about. He still wore his wife's ring on a chain around his neck. If he wasn't ready to close that chapter in his life she couldn't let him move on with her, even if she did fall hopelessly in love with him. If she asked him about the ring and he removed it, she'd always wonder if he did it just to make her happy. No. This had to be a decision he had to come to on his own. She'd wait. She'd get to know him, but she'd keep a part of her heart closed off to him. It would hurt too much if he decided he didn't really want her after all. 
*Lewre

Posted by *Lewre »

James had taken her to a new place to train. It was more difficult and she had a harder time keeping up. During the last fight she had been knocked unconscious. One minute she was using her blades and the next thing she knew she was waking up in a cave with a dragon watching over her. She slowly sat up. 

"Are you ok?" James asker her.

"I am now."

"They knocked you unconscious" His voice sounded concerned and caring and....something else she couldn't put her finger on. Without even giving it a thought she stood and wrapped her arms around the dragon's neck. He carefully pulled her close with his paw. She liked it there. She felt safe and protected and cared for. 

"I think I've had enough adventure for one night. Can we go back to town?" she asked him.

"Yes. And pastries." She noticed the plural use of the word pastry and teased him about eating one too. He said he wasn't, but that he was buying her two. Training had been particularly difficult and she had done well. She liked it when they teased together like this. It was fun. It lightened the heavy mood that had been in the cave just moments before. 

She gave his neck a little squeeze before letting go of him, then grinned and said, "I kinda like you." 

They made their way back to town, got their traditional after training pastries and headed to the square to see who was around. The spent the rest of the day visiting with friends, eating, drinking, and laughing together. That night in his room at Chirper's he let her soak in the warm water. Her muscles were tight and she was weary. She ended up falling asleep with her head on his shoulder.

Later, when James walked her to her room she kissed him on the cheek and stepped in close for a hug. While he was holding her he began talking, "I'm glad you weren't hurt today. I've grown pretty fond of you." She gave him a little squeeze. "I have one last question for you, before we part for the night."

"Yes, James?"

"Would you be scared away if I told you I think I loved you?"

She trembled. She didn't know if she was scared or excited or both. Her heart raced and her face flushed. She decided though, that she wasn't scared away.  She'd grown to care for this man in a way she never thought she could. She was nearly sure she loved him. "No, James. I wouldn't be scared away."

"Good. Because I'm pretty sure I do."

She went to bed shortly after entering her room, but she didn't get much sleep. He had said he thought he loved her, not that he did. He was still wearing his wife's ring. She needed a friend to talk to and hoped she'd run into Ronja soon. 
*Lewre

Posted by *Lewre »

A Realization

She got the chance to visit with her friend the next day. James was taking her to the Bird of Paradise in the City of Brass later that evening and she needed a new dress. Ronja was helping her shop for one. Naturally, James was the topic of conversation.

"You two do seem to have bonded quickly. How do you feel about him?"

"To be honest," she paused for just a moment. "I think I'm falling in love with him"

"The serious kind of falling in love?"

"I think so."

Ronja asked her what had her falling for him and she began listing all the things she loved about James. He was kind, generous, had a good sense of humor, and he wasn't hard to look at (those glowing blue eyes made her melt) were just a few of the things she loved about him. She knew Ronja had known him a while. She had been around before his wife died. She said he, naturally, had been struck with grief when it happened. He had grown quiet and reserved. This was nothing like the James Lewre had come to know, he was so full of life. As she was thinking about this Ronja said, "...he seems to have blossomed in your company."

"I noticed today that he has taken her ring from around his neck."

At that, Ronja looked her direction and raised her eyebrows. "Removed it entirely?"

"Yes. It's no longer there. The chain is gone also."

"He wouldn't do that unless he truly was ready to move on!"

As she continued trying on dresses they chatted about colors and fabric weight. The City of Brass was hot and she needed something lightweight, but didn't want anything too revealing. She then asked Ronja how she had known she was in love with her husband, what had finally been the thing that caused her to fall completely and commit the rest of her life to him. As she listened to Ronja's answer something occurred to her. Her brow furrowed a bit and she bit her lip, thinking.

Of course, Ronja noticed. "What are you thinking?"

She was lost in thought. "Hmmmm? Oh." She blushed. "I just realized something." She paused for a moment, giving herself time to enjoy the thought before sharing it. "My heart feels at home when I'm with James. I feel...settled; in a way I've never felt before."

When she finally looked up at Ronja she saw a warm smile. "That'll tell you something right there."

She was ready to tell James she loved him. He had removed the ring that had been holding her back. She didn't just want to blurt it out the next time she saw him though, so she determined she'd wait for just the right time.
*Lewre

Posted by *Lewre »

Her First Kiss

Later that night she carefully packed her new dress in her bag and put on her training gear to head to the City of Brass with James. He rented a beautiful room when they arrived at the Bird of Paradise and sent her in to change first. He was standing in the hallway when she came out in the floor length green dress. The look on his face was worth all that time trying to find the perfect one. She smiled, "You like it?" He did.

He held out his arm for her and she slipped her hand in the crook of his arm with a smile on her face. They headed down to the dining area to find a table and place their order. While waiting for the food to arrive they talked about their day. It soon moved to more serious topics.

"You spend all last night thinking, I'm guessing?" he asked her.

"Yes. Most of it, anyway."

"Sorry about that. Probably  not the best time to say something like that; right when you're going to bed." She told him it was actually probably the best time, because while she lost out on sleep she did have a lot of uninterrupted time to think.

"Well," he said, "you showed up today, so I didn't scare you off. That's a good sign."

"I told you you wouldn't scare me away. I may be growing into my own person, but I do already know I'm made of pretty strong stuff."

He turned on the sofa they were sharing, just enough that she could see his face better. Her heart began to beat a little faster, wondering what he was going to say. "Last night...I said I think I love you. Then, I went out and thought about it for a while. And, I decided I was sure."

She let his words sink in before replying. "Is that why you've taken Belle's ring off your neck?"

He looked almost surprised that she had noticed. He raised his brow, "You noticed that, huh?"

She nodded, watching his face, her heart still beating quickly. "Nearly right away. I just didn't know how to bring it up."

"To answer your question, yes. I put it in my drawer. She was a part of my life, and was very special to me. But, she's gone. If I'm to move on then I need to move on."

"James?" She waited for him to be listening fully to her. "Can you tell me why you love me? How you can be so sure?"

He hesitated for a moment before he answered her. He wanted to be sure she didn't feel any obligation to him after he said what he wanted to say. Once she promised she wouldn't he began speaking again. "You have become a part of my life. A big part. If you were gone, I'd miss you. A lot. As if a piece of me were gone." They both sat in silence while she processed what he was telling her.

"I feel it should be too soon to be feeling the way I do about you." She told him. "I do care about you. A lot."

The food arrived at that point and the mood for serious talk was broken. They continued to chat about other things while eating, and had an enjoyable time. When they got back to Sigil they went to the Shipwreck Room for coffee. He danced with her there in the kitchen. She wasn't a great dancer, but she loved being close to him. Once the coffee was ready they chatted at length, mostly about personal flaws they each felt they had. It was bordering on hilarious at times. Somehow during the course of the conversation James' perfect hair became a flaw. She loved that he could make her laugh.

James offered to show her a little bit more around town. He wanted to take her to the gymnasium to see the public spa. He enjoyed going there sometimes because it was big enough for him to soak in dragon form. They hadn't planned to get in the water, but since nobody was around she suggested they soak a bit. This surprised him, and he asked if she were sure. She was. They went to the changing rooms and met back near the water. The warm water instantly started soothing her aching muscles and she was able to relax. James stayed in human form while they talked. He held her, and she felt safe and loved. He asked her if she liked James the man or James the dragon more. She thought about it for a moment, thinking it was an odd question. She replied that she liked them both, and she really hadn't gotten a chance to spend much time with James the dragon. Then, at that moment, she decided to tell him that she loved him. "I can tell you this," she paused a moment, "I do love James the man." She caught the smile on his face before she looked away.

When she turned to look at him again he said, "And, I love Lewre the human." The grin on his face was quite possibly the biggest grin she'd ever seen grinned.

Shortly after that he switched forms, convincing her to climb up on his back and practice riding. She was afraid of heights and he thought it would be good if she practiced climbing up and riding around on his back in a place where she'd land safely in water. He really wanted to take her flying at some point and she needed to conquer this fear first. After he walked around a while and she was feeling comfortable on his back he dunked her under the water playfully and they splashed around together for a few minutes. He gave her a quick dragon hug and then switched back to his human form, pulling her close to him. The conversation turned serious again.

She said, "On the way to the shop today Ronja said we seemed to have bonded and asked me how I felt. About you." 

"And what did you tell her?"

"That I was falling love. The serious kind. I also told her I wouldn't tell you until I was sure and that when I finally fell for someone they'd be it for me." She paused a moment, looking into those brilliant blue eyes of his. "You're it, James."

He smiled and kissed the top of her head. "What finally made you sure? Or do you have an answer to that?"

"Ronja was telling me about how she fell in love with her husband and how much she missed him. I told her I couldn't imagine being separated from the one who my heart felt at home with. That was the moment that I realized my heart feels at home with you."

He pulled just far enough away from their embrace that he could look into her eyes. She was looking at him, her eyes searching his. "I love you, Lewre."

"I love you too, James." It felt good to say the words she'd been feeling. She felt at peace for the first time in days. "You can kiss me," she grinned at him, watching his eyes, "if you want to."

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

Her eyes never left his. "I'm sure."

He pulled her close again and they shared their first kiss. It was tender and loving, everything she hoped it would be and more.
*Lewre

Posted by *Lewre »

Making a Dragon Purr

Things had been going well for she and James. After she told him she loved him there was nothing keeping her from giving herself fully to him. She wasn't holding back any pieces of her heart. They continued the routine they had found themselves in. Their days were filled with training, coffee, pastries, time spent with friends, and getting to know each other better. She was content.

On this particular day their training had led them to the Githyanki Ruins. There were more enemies than usual and James took some injuries. She had never seen him with his own blood on him and she was concerned. They hurried inside the ruins where they found a safe place for him to bandage up and use some magical items for healing. After he had healed up some they began their usual loop through the ruins. 

She was less worried about him as they moved through the ruins, but she needed to feel him so she had been walking by his side, her hand on his shoulder, when they weren't engaged with the enemy. At one point she has disarmed a chest and unlocked it, and as she was removing the treasure and placing the things into her bags she had a thought.

"James?"

"Yes, Love?"

"May I try something?" 

James nodded his head and said, "Sure." She was sure she saw a look of curiosity in his eyes, wondering what this woman he loved might be thinking. She could sometimes be mischievous. 

"Could you lower your head so I can kiss your muzzle?" This was not something she had ever done before. When in dragon form she would place a hand on his shoulder or he'd pull her in close to his chest. She didn't know what made her think of it, but here she was asking she could kiss him. 

He gave her a big, toothy grin and lowered his head. She was very careful with her blades as she reached up and kissed him gently right on his muzzle, the space just below his eyes, right in the middle. She smiled when she heard him say, "I liked that." 

They continued on their way, looping through the ruins, her hand on his shoulder. Every once in a while she'd grin, thinking about how nice it had been to kiss him in dragon form and about how much he had seemed to truly enjoy it. She began hatching another plan in her head as they fought through enemies. It wasn't long before they came to the beginning of the next loop where they had begun taking small breaks to organize their things better or just take a breath before beginning to work again. 

"Could you lower your head again, Love?"

He seemed eager for another kiss and lowered his head in expectation, with a grin on his face. This time she sheathed her blades and rather than kiss him, she laid a hand lightly on his muzzle and began running it up and down from muzzle to forehead and back. He closed his eyes and began what she would later call "purring like a kitten". She grinned, though he couldn't see. After a few moments she asked him, "You like that, Love?" 

He didn't even open his eyes when he said, "Mmhhmmm." 

"Shall we get back to work?"

He opened his eyes slowly and took a moment to look around, as if he had fallen into a deep sleep and woken up unsure of where he was. 

Later than evening they wound up at the waterfall to relax. She sat next to him on the ground and he rested her head in his lap. Her hand immediately went to his muzzle and began rubbing. It wasn't long before he was purring. She continued with the muzzle rub until she was sure he'd fallen fast asleep. She settled into him to rest herself. Anyone walking past would have seen quite the picture. There, with a waterfall in the background, was a woman sleeping against her dragon, his leg curled around her and his head in her lap. 

*Lewre

Posted by *Lewre »

A Gift She'd Treasure

She missed him when he was out hunting. She didn't begrudge him the hunt, but she did miss him terribly. They had begun sharing a room at Chirper's and she quickly got used to having him in her bed. On those nights he spent hunting she'd roll over in the night and reach out to touch him only to find his side of the bed empty.  She had a hard time sleeping those nights. She wouldn't tell him this though. She didn't want him to feel guilty over this need of his to fly, to hunt, to be in his dragon form. When he made his way back home she'd greet him warmly, with a smile and a hug and kiss, and asked him how the hunt went.

One day they had been visiting with several people in the square. Trin and Tasha invited a group of them to their house for steaks, drinks, and a game of dice. Along the way James pulled her aside and showed her where the carnival was held when it was in town. She thought this was a bit odd. Nobody had been talking about the carnival, it was a little out of the way on their route, and their friends were expecting them soon. She looked around the carnival grounds and said,  "It's a nice place for a carnival, I guess." 

She turned her attention back to James when he started speaking again. "It's also the place where I give you a gift I had made." 

As he pulled the gift out of it's package there was a grin on his face. He was obviously proud of himself. The first thing she saw was a very copper chain. Attached to the chain was a copper plate that had been tooled to look like a copper dragon. Tears pooled in her eyes. This was the perfect gift. "James, I love it!" she said, her voice soft and a little husky. She threw her arms around him and kissed him soundly on the mouth. When the kiss ended she asked him if he would fasten the chain around her neck. He was happy to help her and took the necklace from her hands before turning her around. She lifted her hair out of his way as he fastened the chain around her neck. 

As they walked the rest of the way to Trin and Tasha's house he explained that the necklace was no ordinary pendant. It was a sending amulet. When he was away she'd be able to use it to communicate with him. She nearly melted. It really was the perfect gift. The nights he was away would still be long and lonely, but not quite as bad because she knew he was just a message away. She also knew that if she really needed him, she'd be able to tell him and he would come right away. 

The rest of that evening anyone paying attention would have seen her reaching up to touch the copper dragon around her neck. A smile would grow and she'd look at James with love in her eyes. She now wears the necklace proudly, every day. When she's training or treasure hunting she keeps it around her neck tucked into her gear so it'll stay safe. Every once in a while still, you'll find her reaching for it and smiling. Sometimes you might even catch her muttering a message to the one her heart loves. 

*Lewre

Posted by *Lewre »

Following Through With a Dare

There was no getting out of it. She was going flying with James tonight. They had been at Trin and Tasha's playing a game of dice the night before and he had dared her to fly before the end of the next cycle. It was fly or drink, and she wasn't drinking. He seemed pretty pleased with himself when he heard her accept the dare. 

They were now sitting near the water in Karasuthra. They were chatting and she was trying to get over her nervousness. James had remained in human form so far and she asked him if he was going to change forms soon. 

"If I change too soon, you may try to put me to sleep with muzzle rubs so I forget about the flight." 

She opened her eyes wide in feigned innocence. "I would never!" But, she couldn't keep up the ruse. "Actually, yes, the thought did cross my mind," she said as she laughed. He laughed with her and gave her hand a squeeze. 

She stopped teasing and got serious. "James? I'm nervous." 

"About the flight?" 

"Yes," she answered, "it's not that I don't trust you. it's not even that I'm really and truly afraid of falling because I know you'll keep me safe and won't let harm come to me." She paused a moment before continuing. "I don't know why exactly. Maybe it's just because it's a new experience."

James kept her hand in his, the touch reassuring to her. He nodded, "It's okay to be nervous. You don't know what to expect, and likely, you're probably afraid you won't enjoy it as much as I hope."

"That could be." 

He continued, "I promise I won't be disappointed if you don't enjoy it like I think you will." 

"Maybe I'll surprise you. Maybe I'll love it so much that you will tire of me asking you to take me out flying. Hmmm. Yes, this may be a very bad idea. We shouldn't even start." She was only kind of teasing; she was still very nervous. 

James just chuckled and said, "Well. Guess we better get started then, before you lose your nerve."

She watched as he changed into his dragon form. He crouched down and offered a leg so she could climb on his back. She had often done this before and very gracefully climbed the offered leg to settle herself onto his back with her arms around his neck. He reminded her that the takeoff would be the worst part and made sure she was ready. When she assured him she was as ready as she'd ever be he stretched out his wings and gathered his legs under him, like a cat ready to pounce. He sprang into the air as high as he could, using his wings to gain height. Once he reached his full jump height those massive wings of his began to flap, propelling them higher and higher. She held on, trying to stay relaxed, but still a bit nervous. 

Once they were high enough to catch the updrafts he stopped flapping his wings and coasted. It was quiet and peaceful up there. It felt as if she had left her worries and cares on the ground below. She soon began to relax, still holding her dragon's neck, but not quite as tightly. He turned his head and asked, "How are you liking it, Love?"  She told him how peaceful it felt and he asked, "Is it as scary as you thought it'd be?" 

"No. You make me feel safe, like when you hold me on the astral ship. You're solid and sure. Without having to worry about falling, I can enjoy being up here with you." That made him smile. It made her happy to find she could enjoy this thing he loved so much and that flying was something she'd willingly share with him again.