Skin type: Smooth, sun-touched
Hair style: Long, braided

Colouring:
  • Hair: Golden Brown
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Skin: Sun-touched
Mental Information
Alignment: Lawful Good
Philosophy: Life is sacred and to do good in the world is to lead by example.
Deity/Beliefs: Athena
    Personality:
  • Loyal: Never turns her back on a friend in need and remains steadfast to those she cares about.
  • Trusting: Slightly too quick to trust some people.
  • Eager: Seeks to prove her worth to others.
  • Naïve: She tries to find the goodness in others, but this quality of hers can often be manipulated.
  • Diplomatic: She prefers to resolve things without conflict or violence.
  • Kind: She doesn't like to offend others and prefers to maintain civility even when others do not.
  • Honorable: She avoids using underhanded tactics and deception.
  • Bad Liar: She is hilariously bad at it. 
  • Pious: She can sometimes speak too much about the gods.
  • Iron Stomach: Not much can gross her out.
  • Stubborn: She has her own views on certain things and doesn't let others change that.
Additional Information
Gear: In armor, Christena wears solid plate on her torso and shoulders and wields either a heavy shield or tower shield. She likes mobility in combat and keeps most of her arms and legs uninhibited by heavy equipment. Out of armor, she often likes wearing a toga, though has been trying to adapt her wardrobe to the city's harsher climate.
Jewelry: Silver bracelet on her left arm, a sapphire necklace, and diamond studded earrings.
Habbits/hobbies: Training, swimming, reading, wine, exploring, and much more.
General Health: She seems to be in exceptional health.
*Venya of Argos

Posted by *Venya of Argos »

Venya OOC briefly explaining Christena and her world.
Christena has actually had a rather nice life, mostly anyway. Born in the coastal city-state of Epontos on the continent of Vulacia, Christena (born “Claire”) is the daughter of a magistrate and the youngest child of three with an older brother and sister. As a child all the way to an adult, she loved the beach and horseback riding.

The people of Vulacia are close to their gods. In Epontos, it is common to offer prayers and thanks to numerous deities, from asking Poseidon for a safe journey, thanking Demeter for a bountiful harvest, and parents secretly hoping Zeus doesn’t try to sleep with their daughter. There are a lot of gods and they want credit where credit is due like anyone else for all their hard work running things. The gods of Christena’s world are both gracious and terrible, because even gods have bad days and ill tempers and the followers of Athena try to forget that time their wise goddess cursed Medusa or Arachne. Though let’s be fair, Arachne was asking for it.

(Christena’s earlier life and the events that led her to join the Athenians will be covered in journal entries at a later time.)

After joining the temple, then-Claire was given a new name though her family and closest friends still refer to her as her birth name. Christena’s trials to become an Athenian were quite intensive, from intense academics, to brutal survivalist training, to learning and honing the art and skill of combat and tactics.

A few years after graduation, Christena and a group of others were charged by her temple with an important quest, one that would likely take her years to fulfill, and thus began her journey into Sigil.

Character Analysis
Christena is a kind and benevolent person. She often tries to see the good in others and seeks to show how to be good by leading by example. Unlike some paladins (aka "Lawful Stupid") who will drone on about what it is to be good and why one should abandon their heathen, hedonistic ways (aka "Chaotic Horny"), Christena lets her actions do the talking. She avoids being judgmental, knowing many have suffered at the hands of evil and that it is easy to stand on the righteous ground while everyone else is wading through a sea of filth. Because of that, she does not hold one’s origins against them.

This means that Christena does not judge based on blood. The tieflng forced to live a life of crime because of their heritage (aka "Neutral Edgy") will find friendship and understanding from Christena, because everyone deserves a second chance and may need someone to help guide them. She, however, takes actions and choices into account, meaning she does not get on well with most necromancers and any that practice the vile arts such as blackguards and demonologists. Though Christena does have her limits. She is suspicious of all fiends and trusting of celestials, though also realizes Sigil is a place where not everything is as it appears and that some that dwell there may be outcasts from their societies, for even angels can be tempted by evil and the rare fiend may seek sanctification.

Christena is the kind of person that will not deny someone protection or healing if they ask for it and she seeks to bring the wisdom and benevolence of her goddess to Sigil. Though sometimes naïve and too quick to trust, she is a rare breed of good person in a city as morally ambiguous and dangerous as Sigil.
*Venya of Argos

Posted by *Venya of Argos »

ENTRY 1

I’ve wanted to start a journal since the day I arrived in this city known as the Cage but there was too much to explore and too little time to write down my thoughts. I find now a good time, now that my wanderlust has been sated. Laird always encouraged me to write every day, to help catalogue events and better organize memories.

First and foremost, I thank Athena for my save arrival here. I went to the Temple of Hermes and gave a sapphire as an offering to my goddess. I hope that the gift will please her. Since the ritual, I have explored so many places in the city. I have met people from many distant lands both incredible and terrible and I have made a few friends along the way.

The first friend upon my arrival here is a woman from a land where she and her faith in the sun battle against the darkness that threatens her world. Her name is Abigail and she is a warrior of the faith such as myself. She is kind and strong in battle, though I sometimes worry about the company she keeps. Athena tells me to be open-minded in Sigil, to understand that there will be those that have differing views. I only hope that Abigail takes heed and is vigilant against the very forces that may seek to corrupt her.

I have been happy to meet good people in the city, both kind and generous. I met several my first day here that have helped me get on my feet here. I hope to repay their kindness someday as I hope to bring comfort and safety to those that need it. Sigil is a place of many troubles though and I am only one person. I will make the most of it I can and I’ll seek to join others of like minds.

I met with Damari and the others a few days ago. We’re learning all we can about the realm of Hades and how we will cross into it. The god of the underworld will not make our passage easy. I have faith in Damari that he will find a clue in his studies. For now, we’ve agreed to spend the time busying ourselves, training, and exploring. I feel a little guilty spending time here for leisure, but rest is just as important for the body. Still, I grow anxious to continue the quest.

I made another friend as well. Her name is Ashera, she is known as a drow, a fairyfolk of dusky skin and from an underground world where her people worship a demonic spider. She doesn’t talk about it much but she has left the path of her kind and seeks a better life for herself. I can’t imagine what terrors she must have endured in life. She was so closed off when I first met her, appeared so lonely. I wanted to be her friend and we’ve had a wonderful time exploring other planes as well as our talks. We’ve sparred too on numerous occasions. Despite that I am almost twice her size, she is incredibly strong. I hope that I can be someone she comes to trust. I want that for her. I pray to Athena that I can help guide my friend to a better life, to see her happy and smile.

She’ll never forget her past and the horrors of her race scar her, both inside and out. Even still, I sense a goodness to her, a faint light in the darkness. I think that, every day, that light turns a little brighter. To see her laugh and even bring out the faintest of smiles gives me hope for her future.

I have so much more I want to write about, but I think that is it for now. Laird and the others asked me to meet with them in Elysium. I shouldn’t keep them waiting.

Mother, if you ever find this journal, know that I am thinking of you and Sila. I miss both of you every day as I miss father. I pray that Athena keeps both of you safe.