Keijo

*MistyMountain

Posted by *MistyMountain »

Name: Keijo
Race: Doppleganger (most common shape: Avariel female)
Profession: Merchant, Enchanter
Languages: Common
Accent: She sometimes adopts has a flat matter-of-fact way of speaking when she is doing business, but her voice is one of her main sources for manipulating others, and changes a lot.

Physical Information (Avariel shape)
Height: 5'2''
Weight: 97lbs
Body build: Lithe and very attractive
Skin type: smooth
Hair style: pushed back and cropped at the neck.

Colouring:
  • Hair: Blond
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Skin: Fair
Mental Information
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Philosophy:
  • Actual: Craft requires deception. Art that deceives in order to tell a greater truth, this is divine.
  • In Avariel shape: Precision is the path to excellence
Deity/Beliefs: Selune
     Personality:
The Keijo grew up pretending to be is an enchantress, in all senses of the word. Her avariel foster parents paid for her to go to an expensive school where she learned to play the koto, caligraphy, and graceful and proper movement and manners. Ever since she came to the planes she has relaxed this facade, but she still loves her foster parents and prefers her avariel shape she grew up in. Keijo wishes she were "really" an avariel, but she knows that can never be. She has taken in a lot of education and has found that it has not helped her to know herself.

Additional Information

Habbits/hobbies: She is prolific in many arts, from poetry and song to enchanting items with magic.
General Health: good
Favorite Drink: fine sake
Weaknesses: She doesn't know who she is. She is an inspiration to people, but that sometimes makes her feel like she is being used by others.  She likes to play games with people's heads, usually it is good-natured fun.

Theme song

The little girl lay still, her eyes frozen in shock and pain. Momma stood over the bear's body as it lay twitching a few yards away, wiping her sword on the grass. There was blood everywhere from the girls throat and the bear's many wounds, seeping into the soft earth among the trees. The quiet after all the roaring and screaming was deafening. A call pierced it "Keijo! Where did you get off to?" A sound of wings beating and tree tops twisting. Momma looked at me and nodded. I lump of sadness formed in my throat so I could not speak. I ran to Momma and hugged her, then my brother, and then shifted my form until I had large brown feathery wings, and a face like the dead girl. "It is our way." said Momma, as she had said over many a campfire about the day we would leave each other. I began to fly towards the calling voice, clumsily at first, and then called back in the dead girl's voice. "I'm here!" I flew towards the woman, recognizing that she was my new mother. She took my hand and smiled a loving smile. I knew from her thoughts I was enough for her, for now.

((Keijo lived almost her whole life pretending to be a young avariel)) Keijo grew up in the Dragonmountains of Shou Lung in a small Avariel village. It was through her education that she got to know the planes, and has grown old (dopplegangers live a maximum of 110 years) as she pretends to be a flowering young avariel, she has enjoyed traveling the planes for about a year now, without disaster.  She realizes she will die before she is even considered a full adult in her foster parents eyes, and does not want to leave her foster parents, or leave them without their (perceived) daughter. The trip to Sigil is a kind of last gasp of life, but she holds her desperation close and pretends to be a young woman touring the planes for fun. She brought a scroll case with planeshift scrolls, but she is down to the last one which is for going home.
*MistyMountain

Keijo smoothed her hair behind her ears with both hands as she walked from the sewers down the avenue in the Bazaar. That had been a close thing, who would have thought a goblin would know the spell True Sight? It was lucky he cast it on her and not anybody else. He had an interesting proposal, made to her in the belly of Under Sigil, though she had done her best to hide her interest. Harrower must think she is tempted by power, not in need to extend her almost-expired life-span. The life of a vampire... and how would she hide it from her parents? A simple detect undead potion and she'd be found out. "Now that I think of it, this shape wont do if "Keijo" is to go undiscovered." She thought, her head in whirl. Just then she gradually left her internal dialogue as a figure directly in front of her came into focus. He was looking into her face and smiling. She realized he was a handsome Avariel.

"Hello miss, you look troubled, perhaps I can help you?"

There was something in his voice that made her think he was an old man, but his appearance told her otherwise. She was intrigued.

"My name is Benedin. Are you new here? I can understand this place is rather confusing to newcomers."

I smiled, and remembered my facade. "No I am not as new as that, I had something else on my mind."

"Well perhaps I can buy you a drink and we can talk. You are blessed with youth and have time to spare, and I buy my time with knowledge..." He trailed off, but that was exactly what I wanted to hear.

"I'll have a drink with you, Benedin, I am Keijo."

Keijo sat with her naked skin wrapped in a sheet next to Benedin's bed at the Inn in the Bazaar. His potion lab stood there, a mass of intricacies. And Benedin was snoozing peacefully still. "One of these potions must be the one I'm looking for." She thought. She knew potions and her education was working for her as she examined the apparatus. She followed the tubes and various beakers to one decanter on one side, half full of some kind brown foamy of liquid. "This must be it" she thought. Took it in her hands and drank sparingly, he must not notice, and she needed to know she was right before she duplicated his work. As she drank she felt youth and strength flow into her limbs... yes! Benedin could keep her alive... but there were so many things to think of at once. He must not cast true seeing with her about, she must adopt a new form most of the time... and take this form only for Benedin and his potions. There was a tube that fed into the apparatus but she couldn't tell what he fed into it. There was more to learn about this secret ingredient. She'll have to pick his brain inconspicuously. Her mind reading trick was rather hard to use on him... he seemed to have a strong will, or some other magic at work...
*MistyMountain

Keijo's breath fogged her vision of the rugged ice mountains. She was panting hard and the dragon lay sprawled over the peak she was on, leaking its cold blood. Cornelia was rummaging through the dragon's heaps of gold, and Keijo had a chance to collect some vials of fresh dragon blood before Cornelia could see. "I've taken my share, the rest is yours, Dawn" Said Cornelia the rosy angel who had taken Keijo under her wing. Keijo nodded, still giddy from the intense battle, even though Cornelia had done most of the work.

Keijo had taken the form of an Aasimar named Dawn. Maybe Cornelia thought she was helping distant kin, Keijo didn't know. So far she had not cast true sight, and Dawn was safe. More importantly, the Keijo identity was safe.

As she heaped frozen coins into her bag of holding she thought, "Benedin will be happy". She paused and felt the cold vials of blood (even colder than the air and ice) "You fought well" Cornelia wad saying, and Keijo remembered her role as Dawn. She stood up from her looting. "I'll take the compliment, but I was lucky the dragon didn't turn on me!" Cornelia gave a faint smile in assent. Keijo looked at Cornelia's armor and began a new calculation... "What would I need to stay alive like Cornelia does.? Keijo thought; she knew the art of enchanting, but Cornelia had found some interesting material to enchant... And she had a huge shield. Keijo looked at her slim arm and wondered if it could heft such a shield. Cornelia must have guessed her general line of thought. "My shield takes most of the punishment." Keijo nodded, realizing that Cornelia was still showing her the ropes. A wave of gratitude filled her as she turned back to heaping gold into her bag.

Benedin had been very excited to see the vials of dragon blood and began working at once in his lab. Keijo, now in the form of Keijo the Avariel, was surprised to feel a blossom of love for him. "He is getting under my skin" She thought with grim calculation. After a while he tested the potion he had created, Keijo waiting and watching, trying not to look too excited. After a moment he frowned. "I think this dragon was too young" Keijo felt her stomach wrench. It had been quite a trick and a stroke of luck getting that dragon blood. She pushed aside the burning question of where he got such blood for his potions she tasted in secret. "I've heard talk of a very old one lurking in the Astral plane" she said, remembering a conversation with Cornelia. Cornelia had advised her that such an encounter would require a lot of healing... Healing, that is something she could do, She knew great bards could heal with song... "healing and armor... and Benedin's bow.. maybe it would be enough" She realized she was cutting a large piece of work out for herself... she knew precious little about armor materials and was an amateur with healing spells, but she saw no choice. She had to learn fast; she had to survive.