Daevos of the Torrent

*DemonAbyss10

Posted by *DemonAbyss10 »

((Well decided to completely redo Daevos, the Very first character I had made on this server, before both Zurn and Zaed))

Basic Information
Name: Daevos Agrimmar
Aliases: Daevos of the Torrent, Reaper of the Waves
Race: Human
Age: 36 ((Appears a bit older due to weatherworn appearances))
Profession: It's a Pirates life for me
Languages: Common, Orcish, Aquan
Accent: Yar schpeek like 'dis ya?

Physical Information
Height: 6'1
Weight: 172 Lbs
Body build: Medium, Some muscular bulk, pretty damn well toned.
Skin type: Rough, weatherworn
Hair style: Long, filled with braids with beads and Matted areas reminiscent of "Dreadlocks".
Scars: Heavy scarring under and around his eyepatch.
Tattoos: Has a few on him that he tends to regard as "Good luck". A Naked woman on his right Buttock, and a symbol of the "Deity" of the seas on his left shoulder. (A Trident poking through cresting waves with a kraken tentacle wrapping around it))
Colouring:

Hair: Black with a few areas that are greying a bit
Eyes: Hazel
Skin: Heavily Tanned ((Think Hispanic))

Mental Information
Alignment: Chaotic Evil ((Tendency Towards Neutral Evil at times))
Philosophy: Plunder and Wenches, what more can one ask for, aside from rum and grog? I take, you lose, I leave satisfied.
Deity/Beliefs: Vrigmar ((Forgotten reals equivalent would be umberlee))
Personality:
-Crass
-Vulgar
-Flirty
-Sarcastic
-Hedonistic
-Greedy
-Ambitious ((If he isn't drunk off his rocker))

Additional Information
Gear: Tends to wear a suit of custom-fitted armor made of a set of interlocking hardened plates of leather (Between that and how the coverings of vulnerable areas are, its more like a lightweight patchwork set of leather with metal protecting especially vulnerable areas.) He also has a longcoat made of leather and fur. He sports an eyepatch. He also carries around a cutlass and a shortsword along with a couple hand-muskets and a Club nicknamed the seal club, and a sap nicknamed the baby seal club
Jewelry: Various rings on his fingers (multiples on each finger, on more than 1 finger on each hand.), A few earrings on each ear, A few layered necklaces. Also if one looks beneathe the eyepatch there is a perfectly spherical orb made out of Aventurine ((It is enchanted and enables one to both navigate even better at sea as well as granting him telescopic vision (Increasing how far away he can see, especially minute details)
Habbits/hobbies: Drinking, Harrassing Wenches, Piracy, Whoring, Gambling
General Health: Seems to be in good health despite missing a few teeth plus the presence of some scars. His liver is likely going to be busted from his drinking habits down the road, might have a STD.
Favorite Drink: Rum, Grog, the blood of infants...
Weaknesses: Almost always shitfaced, Tendency to be a complete... asshat. Whoring around way too much. Money, treasure, fortune ((He is a greedy bastard))
*DemonAbyss10

Background Info

((He is a character I moved from an at home with friends campaign over to here. Custom Prime and Deities. He has been in sigil for a few years in that campaign and that is where things get taken up at in game. The Prime is called Auronis))

His history starts as a child clinging to a piece of driftwood in the Bay of Seals. A Fisherman happened to come along and rescued him. His name was Hrig. After the child came of age Hrig introduced him to the actual "Family Business", Privateering. He tried to instill a sense of honor within Daevos over the years after that but ultimately failed.

Around the age of 20, he decided he had enough of taking his fathers orders and talked the crew into a mutiny. He had underestimated his father and wound up getting disowned and marooned at a backwater coastal town named Vyskig. It was there he had met a band of adventurers. Through numerous exploits throughout that prime, they had gained a reputation. The Group consisted of a Surly minotaur named Kildar, an old human sorcerer named Tim, an Eldritch Knight by the name of Sarius, and a dwarven cleric named Valygar.

They all eventually made their way to a "pirate city" called Myr and managed to talk their way into taking over it. From here on out the group parted ways for the course of 2 years, each person gaining more power, more of a reputation. Over the course of that time, Daevos had an incident with a whore and a chairleg, somehow losing an eye. He had started up his own pirate crew, and over time acquired a 'special' ship, a fully rigged frigate named the Torrent. He owned two Schooners as well, all three ships being fully manned. He had also discovered a round gem in the eyesocket of the previous owner of the Torrent and took it for his own. The Gem gave him the ability to see far into the distance and made it even easier to navigate and command whatever vessel he was on, even up to the point it was rumored that he could control the wind and bend it to his favor.

The Band of Adventurers eventually reunited and wound up finding a portal within the jungles of the island Myr was situated on. They decided to enter it and wound up finding themselves at the lake in undersigil. They eventually made their way up to the surface, and over time they all got absorbed into the various factions. Daevos had joined the takers and due to factional influence everyone drifted apart.

The key to said portal though, was an aventurine gem.
*DemonAbyss10

((Yes for his journal writings, everything in the quote tags is how it is actually written.))
wrote:Captains log: XX/xx/51  oh bollocks like aye would know, time is weird in dis place.

Things are coming long fairly well here. Mercenary contracts with me crew being carried out currently. Won't be long til I gain another title: Terror of the brux, bane of the unseelie. Which reminds me... I better let the crew know that once we get our sirine wenches that they are to be bound and gagged. Going to have to get one of them illithids to make them more... compliant before we actually make use of them.

As for the battle, no idea how the rest of this so called liberation army is doing. We do what we do though, and the raids seem to be proving a suitable distraction. As for the sirines mentioned earlier, I personally caught one for my own uses... she is beautiful, yet one needs to be very careful. She stays in her cell at a raiding camp I am currently in the process of constructing while the raids continue. Best to have a series of camps to fall back upon when necessary, especially while raiding.

As for my own vessel, with the experimental plating, it is holding up beautifully against impacts and resists fire to a nice degree. I really should get my fleet back home outfitted with them I think.

As for my own thoughts on my 'allies', as transient as they may be, I am a mercenary after all. The commander seems to be aight. Least he will be rewarding me an my crew once we succeed here. As for the others, I really haven't payed attention, although that woman with those specialized looking soldiers (likely shock troops, could be much more than they seem.) interests me, perhaps in more ways than one.

Aye well, I guess I am done writing fer the night. time fer some rest and all.
*DemonAbyss10

wrote:Captains Log: Date, era, who buggers all would know.

So, I had found myself in possession of an Astral ship, a spelljammer as they are called. Emphasis on 'ad.
Bleedin Githyanki... lesson being never to trust em. Twas thinking wit me ***, figured I would try somethin new.
Against me better judgment, Me an the crew set out for a more or less uncharted area said te be filled with treasure. The location given te me by that Githyanki lass, didn't get 'er name. Turns out the locale was a Military outpost run by Githyanki.

Long story, That lass was one of their generals who lured me and the crew into an ambush. Lost me crew, lost me ship, but thank Vrigmar I made it back to sigil.

Guess I need to look fer work before building up a crew again.
Not long after this he would meet Tarie.