Zaed Nahalis

*DemonAbyss10

Posted by *DemonAbyss10 »

Basic Information
Name: Zaed Nahalis
Race: Human
Age: 27 (appears to be around that, give or take a few years.)
Profession: Mercenary
Languages: Common, Abyssal, Infernal

Physical Information
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 260 lbs without armor and other equipment
Body build: Extremely Muscular, bulky (not fat, just a lot of muscle mass)
Skin type: Calloused, Heavily Scarred
Hair style: Clean, long, usually pulled behind the shoulders.
Scars: heavy ones on the face. (Rough scarring, not light lines, think of a burn victim.) Some slashing scars and such elsewhere, especially on his back.
Tattoos: Red tattoo of the symbol of Hextor on his forehead. (Slightly blends into scarring)
Colouring:
    [b]Hair:[/b] Dark Brown [b]Eyes:[/b] Dark Green [b]Skin:[/b] Lightly tanned [/li]
Mental Information
Alignment: Lawful evil, often times crossing into Lawful neutral territory.
Philosophy: Everything come to an end at its own pace, some quicker than others. Best not try to prevent it because it is inevitable.
Deity/Beliefs: Hextor, has begun questioning his beliefs at times.
Personality:
    [u]Cruel[/u]: [i]will go out of his way to inflict painful injury in battle and elsewhere.[/i] [u]Secretive[/u] [i]Tells as little of his intentions and himself as possible.[/i] [u]Blunt[/u]: [i]Tends to cut to the chase rather quickly and has little to no regard for the emotions of others unless they are people who are important to him.[/i] [u]Scrapper[/u]: [i] Enjoys a good fight[/i] [u]Prepared[/u]: [i] Tends to always be geared up and prepared for many things, especially battle [/i] [u]Dedicated Swordsman [/u]: [i] Takes his training with his falchion seriously, takes every opportunity he can to gain some improvement in his skills with a blade[/i] [/li]
Additional Information
Gear: Is almost always in Dark Grey platemail with old bloodstains left on it. A large black-bladed falchion slung across his back.
Jewelry: A couple miscellaneous silver rings.
Habits/hobbies: Training as a swordsman, Drinking, Pondering the meanings of various things.
General Health: Prime condition
Favorite Drink: Dwarven Ale
Weaknesses: Detests magic himself. (Hence why he refuses to learn any. Still won't stop him from using enchanted items though, but he just doesn't fully trust magic users. Is now starting to gain some respect for it, but still won't use it himself.), Can be a coward at times. A bit too honor-bound. Not a people person (but not a loner). Somewhat conflict seeking (He won't go actively seeking a fight, but if the opportunity presents itself, he might just take it.), Abrasive personality (can be extremely rough-spoken at times, lacks tact), easily injured pride.

History and other stuff to come later. Will be edited from time to time to reflect changes.
*DemonAbyss10

Personal History

((Yeah I know, not exactly well written, but whatever. I need a background of some sort for him))

Zaed was born in the North Kingdom of Oerth, in Delaric. He was raised by clerics from the Malachite Spires, trained over time in the arts of warfare. He fought in a small handful of battles, as well as being trained for an inquisitor type role. In doing so He had learned numerous methods of torture. In order to learn, he felt he had to be subject to them himself, so thus he did. Many of the physical and psychological scars upon are in fact from that time, forming a huge part of his identity. He however didn't rise up in rank. This was the first of many blows to his faith in Hextor.

More years went by, mostly performing Torture upon prisoners of war for the North Kingdom, extracting information. More blows came, false information and such. The temple felt he wasn't able to perform his duties and thus sent him on a suicide mission. He was to obtain an old relic from an abandoned temple in the Corusk Mountains, something "supposedly" important to the church. Those he went in with were sent to make sure he didn't survive. When their blades were turned upon him, he fought them off, killing two and wounding a third. He then lost the last member within the confines of the temple. Lost in the temple with no where to go, he wandered around until he found a portal. His faith already shaken as it is, he simply walked on through, winding up in the hive. The portal had closed behind him, leaving no way to return. And since then he has been trying to find his way in sigil, as well as trying to discover his true sense of self.
*DemonAbyss10

A Question of Fate: Part 1

Zaed had gone to Karasuthra, back to a tree, gazing at the water. He rotated his Hextorite pendant in his hand, its features heavily worn.

'Is there really even a way to change the past?' He thought to himself. He thought back to all he had done while serving the church and military, the self-torture fresh in his mind as always, same for the faces of those he tortured and killed with his own hands.

He sighed as he looked down at his pendant.

'Is redemption truly even possible?' He thought back to the other night, to what he and Alista had talked about. 'Perhaps... but I can't deny the past happened...'

His thoughts then wandered to the day of the supposed ambush at the temple... he started to remember more, one big detail. It wasn't the Paladins of Heironious that had killed those who were with him that day. It was himself, but he couldn't remember why he killed them. 'Redemption.... guess we all need that... but why did I kill them...'

Zaed sighed deeply, and tossed the pendant into the water, watching it slowly sink into its depths. He then mumbled to himself in a solemn tone, "I shall never again forget this..."

He then sat down and slowly nodded off under the tree, thoughts fresh on his mind, and perhaps even a bit of a smile, as much as his scars allowed him to anyways.
*DemonAbyss10

A Question of Fate: Part 2

Zaed sits in his room at the inn, scribing something into a journal of sorts.
wrote:'Redemption... no matter how far I have gone towards the goal... seems things have changed again. Am I just destined to fall into this vicious cycle over and over again?

Justice... Vengeance... something needs to happen. The balance of everything is shifting yet again, and as usual I am caught in the middle of it all.

After the recent events involving Alista... I have been thinking upon all this heavily. Whoever is truly responsible for violating her... I shall seek them out. Death is the least of their worries.'
*DemonAbyss10

Five Years Later
Zaed had returned to sigil and he is still trying to wrap his head around the changes.

Reflecting back upon the 5 year absence:
During the business with Lana and Nero, something happened. Zaed had found himself portalled into a pocket plane of some sort with no obvious way out. The realm was a literal hell of survival of the fittest, at least until he cleared out all the threats, which then turned the place into a realm of hellish boredom. Putting up with the realm for five years, or what actually more like seemingly was an eternity, left it's marks on Zaed, both mentally and physically. He had to begun relapsing into past habits.

Then all of a sudden the realm opened up and he was in the Bazaar. However he questions this new reality. No more planetouched wall, individuals who completely reject the past because 'the future is always better', the even higher levels of complacency among sigil's residents. The absence of Alista, the absence of Khazeet.

It was all very strange to him.
ZaedAren

Posted by ZaedAren »

Sigil had changed too much. Near to none of the faces he remembers remain.

Zaed had continued to question whether returning was the right decision. He needed the Jink however. Soon, he figured, it may just be time to open the smithy full-time and completely hang up being an adventurer, he was starting to feel a bit too old at times.