Harlin's Excellent Adventure.

*DaftHalfling

Posted by *DaftHalfling »

Yes yes, gather round now, I'm only telling this story once so listen up good and proper.

Many years ago, I was but a poor Halfling eking out a miserable existence as a pad foot in the Calimport thieves guild. diving into pockets for meager coin and cutting purses with all the chance of losing good ol' gripper and puncher here. ::he let's out a small chuckle:: Soon, I found that I was in fact not born in Calimport, but hailed from a small halfling shire far to the northwest, having been stolen from my parents at a young age to be sold no less. But, the Pasha looked at me and he saw his perfect thief, his little housebreaker. So, until about the age of 23, I learned the ways of the cut purse, pickpocket and lock breaker, using my nimble fingers for all they were worth to please the Pasha. But at the age of 27, wanderlust hit me, and I asked the Pasha for time to travel, while he was not too pleased, he allowed it. So wandering I came to a small town called oakhurst, and there is where I met my true companions, those who showed me that life was not all gold and jewels.

We traveled for about two years seeing sights I never thought possible, facing evil that would scare the life out of a Dabus...if they have a life that is... Soon, we were unfortunately separated by fate, or some such nonsense, and I found myself in Ravenloft, to my shock and surprise, my companions soon arrived in Ravenloft and there was much rejoicing to be had. My companions and I were tasked to disrupt the power Lord Strahd held over the town and it's people. We entered Strahd's castle, a fire in our chests at out reunion, but sadly this reunion would be cut short. As we moved further into the castle, I was attacked by a werewolf and separated from my companions once again. The beast struck and I dodged it's maddened swipe by a fraction of an inch and turned on my heels and ran. Do you know the old saying, "Look before you leap"? Well mine is similar, "Never look behind you, when a werewolf is chasing you." Wish I had known that, as I ran straight into a portal into the plane of shadows. After the initial shock of having my body vibrate at a rapid speed upon entering the realm, I slowed and tried to gather my wits, that didn't last too long as some unknowable creature lunged at me, I swear someone is looking out for me or something, as I had just enough time to duck it's leap, my luck however changed quickly.

To my surprise, no less than 100 feet separated me from another portal, the problem was the gap in the way. but thankfully it seemed that the mountain side I was on, and the portal, we connected together by a bridge. Needless to say I made good my escape and rushed towards the bridge, who or what had constructed it, I didn't care, but I praised them more than any god you wish to name. Crossing the bridge surprisingly went smoothly, sorry no excitement here folks, and thus I reach my goal, the portal home...hopefully. Stepping through I held my breath in anticipation, and that's when I found Sigil...

(sorry if this is in the wrong place.)