Amycus Thorne

*jasonpauldegraaf

Posted by *jasonpauldegraaf »

Basic Information
Name: Amycus Thorne (pronounced a-MY-cus)
Aliases: None
Race: Tiefling
Profession: Cartographer and clerk at the Hall of Records.
Languages: Common, Abyssal, Undercommon.
Accent: None of note, though AmycusÂ’ speech is usual very formal and polite.

Physical Information
Height: 5Â’11
Weight: 158 lbs
Body build: Lean, athletic
Skin type: Caucasian
Hair style: Short, dark hair with a neatly trimmed, full beard.
Scars: None, though two small horns on his brow speak clearly of his demonic heritage.
Tattoos: None
    [b]Hair:[/b] Raven black [b]Eyes:[/b] A strong, clear blue [b]Skin:[/b] Light tan [/li]
Mental Information
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Philosophy: “Be kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle.” -Anonymous
Deity/Beliefs: As a Cipher, Amycus strives for a continual state of being.
Personality:
    [u]Calm[/u] [i]Amycus carries un unusual and peculiar peace. Very few have seen him angry, and it takes quite a bit to get him unsettled.[/i] [u]Formal[/u] [i]He is often seen using simple gestures, slight bows, and polite mannerisms, especially around women.[/i] [u]Polite[/u] [i]Amycus does his best to be courteous to everyone he meets.[/i] [u]Attentive[/u] [i]He is very attentive to his companions, those around him, and people to whom he's listening.[/i] [u]Responsive[/u] [i]When listening to someone, Amycus tries to respond as appropriately as possible. [/i] [/li]
Additional Information
Gear: Amycus is often seen carrying a worn map satchel, wearing dark robes, and using pairs of bent swords during his adventuring.
Jewelry: Amycus dresses very inconspicuously, and any jewelry of note appears quite mundane.
Habbits/hobbies: Reading, gem collecting, studying, martial arts, drinking tea and engaging in good conversation.
General Health: Excellent
Favorite Drink: Green tea with milk and honey.
Weaknesses: Beautiful women who do not think highly of themselves.
*jasonpauldegraaf

Posted by *jasonpauldegraaf »

The Beginnings of Amycus Thorne, Tiefling Mapper and Native of Sigil

Amycus Thorne sat quietly in his small, shared office in the Hall of Records. It started out as a typical day: Filing books, marking maps, and measuring planar charts. Humming lightly to himself, he dipped a quill into an inkwell, absorbed peacefully in his work.

Suddenly, his office door swung open. He looked up to see his brash and somewhat outspoken manager, Mr. Brussels, burst into the room, cigar in hand.

“Thorne, you piking berk! What in the Hells are you doing?”

Looking back to his mapping, Amycus spoke calmly, “Ah, Mr. Brussels, so good to see you, sir. I was just finishing up today’s---”

“Save the formalities for the ladies and stop jabbering your bone-box, you sod-of-a-Tiefling! I have work for you.”

“Do you now? Ah, lovely,” he replied pleasantly. “What can I help you with, sir?”

Moving toward him, Mr. Brussels slammed a large parchment on his desk. “Maps, genius! Why do you think we hired you, for your looks?”

“No, I suppose not,” he said peacefully, his curious half-smile lingering lightly on his face.

“Damn right we didn’t. We need you to go to Under-Sigil. A group of kolbold miners have done some work the last few years and we need our maps updated. Do you think your barmy-princess-demon-touched ass can handle that?”

Taking the parchment, Amycus unrolled it and examined the contents. “Yes, Mr. Brussels, this shouldn’t be an issue at all. I’ll arrange to leave immediately.”

“Get on it, Thorne. We don’t have all piking day!”

Amycus waited until Mr. Brussels was done cussing and left the room. Gathering his gear, weapons and map satchel, he moved quietly out of the Hall of Records into the streets of Sigil Main, headed toward a sewer entrance.

And so began the adventures and explorations of Amycus Thorne, cartographer and clerk at the Hall of Records in Sigil Main.