My studies on Sigil.

*Spiegel1

Posted by *Spiegel1 »

I arrived in Sigil just yesterday and ran into a polite man by the name of Andrew. We had casual conversation for a while until a madman started humiliating a random Elf on the streets. At least the poor sod was random to me. I believe the madman knows the Elf at least vaguely. After that incident was over i picked up a flyer given to me by a Tiefling named Val, whether that is her full or real name i do not know i will have to ask her, the flyer had an unusual looking creature on it. I will have to find out who drew it and ask the person questions. I also met a human named Esmeliere though everybody else calls her Esme. We had a conversation on where she came from which i found interesting. Apparently she also follows Boccob, i found that out later though her own medallion is different from mine, It seems the people from her Prime Plane also worship Him. Val, Andrew, Esmeliere and i sat around a table for dinner later that day and discussed where i came from though i soon pardoned myself from the conversation to get my rest. I found out she pays homage to Boccob at the table.
*Spiegel1

Posted by *Spiegel1 »

I questioned the Elf that was humiliated yesterday about the different Factions. I asked him about the Free League (Indeps), the Doomguard (Sinkers), and his own Faction the Bleak Cabal (Bleakers). He called all of the Factions a cruel irony, i wonder if that includes his own Faction, he called the Free League's philosophy a paradox considering they advocate neutrality and free thinking while all belonging in the same group. As for the Doomguard he said there were three different sects in the Faction, the first one wants to slow Entropy down to a crawl while the second wants to let it run it's course and the third wishes to speed it up. However all of the Doomguard Faction Members believe the Multiverse will eventually come to an end through Entropy. He advocated his own Faction's, the Bleak Cabal, beliefs that there never has been nor will there ever be an Answer to the Multiverse. I pointed out the fact that since he is a part of the Bleak Cabal that his neutrality in the matter is compromised. I also asked about the Xaositects(Chaosmen), he said that their unpredictability makes them predictable and once again used the word paradox, he seems to have a liking for that word. I talked to a Xaositect, he proved to be rather polite in the end, I will have to ask him about his own Faction later. I also managed to find out who drew the strange creature on the flyer, her (his?) name is Otari. I will have to track the person down and ask her(him) questions about where (s)he came from.
*Spiegel1

Posted by *Spiegel1 »

I met an incompetent Cleric today, i was told this pathetic sod follows Helm, perhaps his Power is of a more evil bent that will allow such an abuse of magic and risk of life as letting his servants cast Energy Drain on an innocent person just to "calm them down". I was told a rather interesting story by a friend of mine. I will not speak of it here in case this journal falls into somebody else's hands. I had already figured out that he'd like for me to keep it to myself. I saw a Harmonium(Hardhead) in the Bazaar today. It seems they deserve their nickname, all i saw was a thug abusing his power when it could have been handled with more tact. I also learned a bit about the Fraternity Of Order(Guvners). From what the Elf said when you join the Fraternity Of Order you consign yourself to thousands of pointless and inane rules. The perk is that you may find useful loopholes in reality. The Fated run Sigil's administrative needs and collect taxes. The taxes part is why they are also called The Takers. The Fated make their home in Bytopia while the Free League wander the Outlands. Xaositects make their home in Limbo and the Doomguard station themselves in the negative Quasi and Para-elemental Planes. The Fraternity Of Order makes their home in Mechanus. The Bleak Cabal makes their home in the Madhouse in the Plane known as Pandemonium.