*Mystic Healer

Posted by *Mystic Healer »

Basic Information
Name: Vanya Lindethiel
Aliases: Vanya
Race: Human
Profession: Adventurer / Spellslinger
Languages: Druidic / Common
Accent: When Vanya speaks, her voice is generally soft and low, unless she's angry, then it sounds like the growl of an animal about to pounce. If one were to describe her accent, it would be something akin to that of a native of the southeastern United States. She's a lot more intelligent than she lets on and her speech patterns reflect that most of the time. Only when she is extrememly serious or angry, does she speak in a manner befitting her extensive education. She often says what's on her mind as if the filter between her brain and her mouth has disengaged. If itÂ’s in her mind, itÂ’s out of her mouth.

Physical Information
Body build: Tall and thin with well-toned arms and legs
Skin type: smooth and silky
Hair style: Long and tosseled
Tattoos: none
Colouring:
    [b]Hair:[/b] golden blonde [b]Eyes:[/b] intense green [b]Skin:[/b] pale [/li]
Mental Information
Alignment: Neutral Good with a wild streak. (Although probably more accurately described as Wild Child with a Neutral Good streak)
Philosophy: Anything is possible, however, not everything is probable.
“It ain’t that hard to pretend to be a Ho, but I imagine really bein’ a Ho would make it damn near impossible to sleep nights.”
Deity/Beliefs: Only believes in the powers of nature and thinks men create gods in order to try to find answers from without. This keeps them from looking within which is where the truth really lies.
Personality:
Contemplative most the time, especially when adventuring with a group. But she has been told by those close to her that sometimes she’s “inappropriate.”

Additional Information
The filters that most people have between their brain and their mouth do not seem to work in Vanya, particularly when she’s tired or angry. The folks that raised her told her it was because of that time the still exploded when she was helping her father distill spirits. Vanya doesn’t remember the accident that caused her to lose the memory of her early childhood. Her earliest memories are of waking up in the woods with people gathered around her, calling her “Vanya.” They said they was kin, and she had no reason to doubt them. Besides they were nice enough and raised her like she was family, so what the hells.

She had to leave her home (what the hells was that place called again?) due to a series of unfortunate events.

She never met a man worth crying over save one. She shot him with an arrow that pierced his eyeball, penetrated his brain and then came halfway out the back of his skull. The sight made her more queasy than sad, but it was either cry or vomit, so she chose the former. (Truth be told, about an hour later, the latter became an issue.) It was self-defense, by the way, and she was acquitted of any wrong-doing.

Even so, sometimes when she's meditating or when she becomes contemplative, tears will fall and she doesn't seem to know why. She finds that it's damned inconvenient when in the company of other people because they have a bad habit of asking if she's alright, which of course, makes her not alright. Although, the meditation seems to temporarily re-engage her internal filters and for a little while, she's less "inappropriate."

Vanya often communicates with animal and tree spirits. It was this habit that caused the folks back home the most concern. The folks blamed this on the accident too, but Vanya does remember talking to the spirits even as a young child before the accident.

Gear: Long bow, Scimitar, Light Shield
Jewelry: silver ring on the second toe of her right foot - not readily visible because she wears boots. Recently received the gift of a silver locket with the likeness of an angel and the inscription that reads "I will always be with you ~ Vale"
Habbits/hobbies: Occasionally likes to smoke, have a drink at an inn with friends, play cards, and dance naked in the moonlight (although that last one is generally reserved as a spiritual practice more than a hobby.)
General Health: excellent health
Favorite Drink: Water from a waterfall, but homebrewed ale and distilled spirits run a close second.
Weaknesses: Tall, dark, and handsome men.
*Mystic Healer

It's funny the kind a thing you start missin when you're out in the world away from home. It ain't so much the big things, but it's all the little things that start to pile on top each other that make you wonder if it was such a good idea to leave in the first place.

Me, I had no choice. Time came I had to go so I went.

But I miss the homebrew and spirits that Pap an me used to make. I miss gatherin the barley, hops an what not.

I miss all the dancin', singin', and carryin' on that went on at the Solstice and Equinox celebrations.

I even miss the cookin', cleanin', and the helpin with the birthin' that I gave Mamma and Wize Mamma back in the day when Mamma was still midwifin' for the women-folk of the village.

But even so, there's one thing I miss more than all that put together.

I miss kissin'.

I miss lips pressed to mine. Parted lips and running your tongue over his lips just inside the upper one; tongues seekin, searchin, caressin' and ... all that. I miss gettin kissed on the shoulder in that special place just about two inches lateral to my neck on the right side. That one makes my spine tingle and makes me go weak in the knees. Ummmm. Good stuff.

Been drinkin' a bit, so I'm sure that the word's I's writin' right now ain't appropriate for social like conversation, but seein's how ain't no body readin this but me, don't make no nevermind.

*Here, the words as oblitterated by ink scribbles and tear stains as if in a moment of clarity, Vanya realized what she's written is too inappropriate for her to read when she's sober*

Been roamin the planes with some folks - they tend to call each other "cutter" for some strange reason. Seems they ain't got much use for names round here. Got me a reckonin that it keeps it simple for most folk. Kinda like callin all your husbands "Honey" or "Darlin"'. Ain't gotta remember names you'll most likely get confused anyway.

*Vanya drains her mug dry of the Foul Olde Spirits she's been drinking*

Well, I more an likely get up in the mornin and rip out this page cause I'm goin on bout things ain't proper to talk bout.

Time to out the lights. Tomorrow's another day.
*Mystic Healer

*After a couple of hours tossing and turning not being able to sleep, Vanya rises from her bed and casts a light spell. She crosses the floor to her writing table and opens her journal to a new page.*

Dear Vanya,

I know you're the only one a reading this, but I'll make it clear for ya anyhow. I'm hopin' that if I write it down you'll read it and remember it, 'specially when it comes to that certain someone, if ya know what we mean. So here goes:

The verse gives ya what it gives ya and it don't what it ain't supposed to. Sometimes lines get blurred like and it's hard to tell tha difference. Bide your time, sweetie, and it will all become clear. In the meantime, stop drinkin around people you don't rightly know well, and 'specially don't be drinkin and gamblin. You ain't got a poker face worth shite.

Love ya, Darlin,
You.

*Leaving the journal open so she'll see the note to herself in the morning, she heads back to bed and the light extinguishes itself.*
*Mystic Healer

*In the morning, Vanya rises, mediates, bathes and dresses. As she is putting on her boots, she sees the journal open and reads the note to herself. She thinks about it a moment, nods and closes the book.

"Truer words were never spoken." She says aloud to the room and thinks about a certain flame-haired paladin of her acquaintance and wonders if he's being serious when he flirts with Yasha.

A smile crosses her lips as she puts the journal in a safe place and heads out the door.

"Yep, today's gonna be a good day."*
*Mystic Healer

Sometimes life throws ya for a loop. Ya think ya got it all figured out and the next thing ya know yer all upside down and topsy-turvy like.

Couple of weeks ago now, I guess it was, Dragon told me that he had personal business to take care of and I should stay behind in the cage and take care of our contractual obligations. He finally shows up a couple days ago and we go plane walking together. Nice to have the partner back, even if he does up an disappear at times.

I met a Harmonium Guard that goes by the tag Cratten Erroc. I fell for him the first time I saw him in the market. He removed his helmet and I saw his eyes and then his lips an it was all over, for me. There was nothin else for it but to have him then the next thing I know he asked me to move in with him. So there I am living in the Inn with a Harmonium Guard.

Meanwhile, I have Vale Reynolt telling me heÂ’s in love with me.

Truth of the matter is, I care for Vale a great deal. I may even love him as much as I love Cratten.

Having two or more husbands back home ~ not the city, but before that ~ was common. My own mother had three and thatÂ’s how I ended up with six older sisters and two younger brothers. Mamma was a busy lady. However, I donÂ’t think that the people of the city, nor even the people of the Cage would understand the necessity of a woman having more than one husband.

I know that Cratten would not hear of it. Especially since the other man in question is Vale. He let me know in no uncertain terms that I should never see Vale again. The day that I asked Vale to stay away from me was the saddest I have been since the day we loaded our ship with whatever we could carry and left, just minutes before the plane imploded, killing my betrothed, my family, and many of my brothers in arms.

Gods help me. I told Vale to stay away from me. I pray that he refuses to do so.
*Mystic Healer

I have to head out for business this morning and after a few more stops, I'm on my way back to the Cage. The journey's a long one an I don't expect to be back till tomorrow mid day.

Sometimes, I hate these long trips, 'specially when I have ta take em alone. Ain't no body ta talk to and ya get so damned bored without ya got anybody ta share an ale with. Not ta mention ya got nobody ta help ya clean up after all the blood's been let.

Truth is, ain't the traveling alone I mind so much as I miss Cratten's arms around me when I'm gone. Gods help me, I love him more than the day is long, and it kinda scares me a little. Ain't been this personally involved with a man since . . . Well it' don't matter who or when. That's all gone now. But it's been a long time.

Last time we were together, Cratten told me he wanted to go plane walkin with me. Said ya never really know somebody till ya fight beside em. That's true enough. Saw it many times. Folks you figure you got a handle on turn out real different when there's a battle involved. Still, an all . . .

Spent some time with Travan in the market last night. He was lookin for some flowers and perfume for his girl, Lia. We went searchin all over and found tha perfume, but there ain't a flower ner rosebud to be found in tha Cage. Sweet kids. I know they're over a hundred years old, but that's young for elven folk.

Ah, well. Time to hit the road again. Maybe I'll find a flower or two along tha way.

*Mystic Healer

It's been three days since Cratten left for what I can only assume is a temporary Spirit Quest, and Vale proposed marriage in the bazaar with dozens watching and assuming I would say yes.

I was stunned. I had no idea that Vale was thinking anything of this sort right now.

I took Vale inside the inn and told him how much I love him. I do cherish him and want to be with him. Vale knows of CrattenÂ’s promise to kill him if he ever comes near me again and he is willing to take the risk. He is aware of my past and my appetites, and he loves me in spite of it all. He knows of my peopleÂ’s customs and respects them. Vale told me that he would never ask me to change, but I love him too much to put him in danger when the time comes that Cratten returns and I respect him too much to ask him to endure the stares, the whispers, and the rumors.

For now, Vale and I will remain friends, confidants, and lovers, and we will wait to see what the future holds.