"The Dark Dancer" An'aroluth

*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

(Gonna just copy-paste the other template for now cuz 1) I'm lazy and 2) it's pretty good for a template; also, I know she's not a "swordancer" class to Rp with, but I'm just Rp'ing she is one via her weaponmaster/Favored-Soul Combo stuff; :P Deal with it).

Basic Information
Name: An'aroluth
Aliases: "The Dark Dancer"
Race: Drow/Ilythiiri
Profession: Currently a simple adventurer aside being a Priestess to Eilistraee and a healer, but she doesn't charge coin for being either of the later
Languages: Common, drow, elven, sylvan, draconic
Accent: Toril/Cromanthor (if that counts)

Physical Information
Height: 6 ft (Or supposed to be...)
Weight: 130
Body build: Athletic (Slim but muscular)
Skin type: Smooth
Hair style: Long, silky
Scars: Large one directly over her heart
Tattoos: Glowing Bastard Sword on the palm of each hand, extending up to the middle fingertip of both hands
Colouring:
    [b]Hair:[/b] Silver [b]Eyes:[/b] Blue [b]Skin:[/b] Dark Black/obsidian [/li]
Mental Information
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Philosophy: "Be always kind, except in battle with evil. Encourage happiness everywhere. Learn and teach new songs, dances, and the flowing dance of skilled swordwork. Promote harmony between the races. Befriend strangers, shelter those without homes, and feed the hungry. Repay rudeness with kindness. Repay violence with swift violence so that those who cause it are quickly dealt with. Aid drow in distress and give them the LadyÂ’s message: "A rightful place awaits you in the Realms Above, in the Land of the Great Light. Come in peace and live beneath the sun again where trees and flowers grow." - Credo of the Dark Maiden
Deity/Beliefs: Eilistraee
Personality:
    [u]Cautious:[/u] [i]Tries to always have back up plan, and not get killed; also has a hard time initially trusting others past friendly acquaintance.[/i] [u]Cheerful:[/u] [i]Generally in a happy mood and is quick to share that joy with others.[/i] [u]Secretive:[/u] [i]She tells little about her personal life to any but the closest to her.[/i] (There's probably more I can add but meh, maybeh later :P) [/li]
Additional Information
Gear: Whether she has on a dress, her armor, or absolutely nothing at all, what is almost always constant is that she has a bastard sword with her, particularly, one she refers to as "Velve d'lil Drathir" (Blade of the Moon)
Jewelry: The only decorative piece she wears is a sapphire around her neck that has the image of Eilistraee contained within its interior
Habbits/hobbies: Practicing her swordwork, singing, dancing, listening to others sing/dance, reading
General Health: Exceptionally good (she's a healer)
Favorite Drink: Water
Weaknesses: She has a strong hate for fiends, almost obsessively so, though she does not show that. Her biggest weakness is often her selflessness, and how easily others take advantage of it.

Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm8SsH8CDKQ (What you Want- Evanescence)
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

(Post is just a placeholder for more info later)

"People speak to me as if I am too young yet. Perhaps some ways, I am. In others, I exceed even the elderly. They tell me that I will "learn" the ways of this city, and I too will change. Indeed, I've learned the ways of this city... but I'm still me, the way I am. That is probably for the best too. I have a knack for trouble being around me, even if I don't want it. Anyone else might find themselves corrupted into the easy evils of life here, the easy ways out.

Someone I admire once said, being evil is easy. Being good takes sacrafice."
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

"Ten years."

Was it really that much? It was to some. For her it was probably a little longer, considering the planes she'd been on with time-properties that were, for lack of a better word, off. Her daughter had loved places like that. Perhaps it was one of the reason the 'astral sea' had always appealed to her so much. A sea that she had reluctantly spent a good bit of time upon.

"Among other things," An'aroluth muttered to herself as she looked at her own reflection in the mirror. There was of course her time serving the fey sect of the 'blossoms' as a guard, for lack of a better word of what it was. A bargain made of course in part for her own family, but a bargain broken by that very same family. The irony being that safety net of power, once gone, proved that her nightmares were still in full power.

"Everyone you touch with your love that does not escape you will die, my little widow."

Words painfully etched into her memory, words she'd initially brushed off as the taunting of a power that loved for nothing more than to see suffering. Words she knew was now meant to do something more to her, a power to haunt her entire life. So far, they'd succeeded.

"Ten years," she said it aloud this time, but it felt even more odd.

About ten years locally since she was pushed into that portal from Abeir-Toril, and even longer for her. Long enough that she was nearing her middle ages. Youthful enough sure, but she could see in the reflection looking back at her the ever so slight presence of a few wrinkled features, skin that was a little more rough, and perhaps most telling of them all, tired eyes. That day she fell through that portal, even now she wasn't sure, as to whether it had truly been a blessing or a curse. It brought her face to face with so many wonderful sights and people that the verse had to offer. It also brought her face to face with some of the worst, including her favored deity's 'mother.'

She looked away from the mirror at that. The day still haunted her. It had been one of the most painful lessons of humility anyone could have learned. That she had survived it was not a mercy, but far, far more cruel than she could have imagined. Her own pride and lack of foresight had cost her greatly on that day, and she was still paying the price for it even now.

She sighed and looked back to the mirror, "The past is the past. I'm no chronomancer and I don't want to be. There are better ways to make changes."

On that, she smiled a bit, and looked at the table nearby of surgery tools and doctoral medicines. Her practice was becoming popular even now by the day. It wasn't unexpected, one of the few things Ana always took care to keep sharp was her medicinal practicing, and when entering the planes, she expanded that practice to go as far as including non humanoid biology and even outsiders. Combine the fact of a higher-skilled physician offering services for no profit, and coupling that with that she was very open about treating anyone without asking question...

A smile played on her lips. It was nice to know that there could in fact be honor among thieves.

Beyond the table sat a stand of armor with a sword's scabbard set next to it. The armor was mithral, obviously custom made, and beautiful in design even to unskilled eyes. The sword was no different, the ivy pattern around the hilt glimmering in her eyes a bit. They were both made for her, and first truly used in their full extent within the Seer's Realm during that large war. It was that same war that saw An'aroluth lose her daughter. Could it really be blamed upon the war though? The curse still lingered on her, that much was clear. Perhaps that, which ultimately let her to step out of her inaction, first becoming active as a healer once more, but as of late...

She looked down at the bruises on her hands, and rubbed at them a bit. Unlike her youth, she no longer took that same thrill from combat she once had. In fact, she very much liked to avoid it. Yet it had been another painful realization as of late: if you expect something to change, then you cannot simply do nothing. In fact, doing nothing can ultimately lead to even worse outcomes.

She walked over and ran a hand across the blade and armor. There were new friends counting on her help. Her friend for instance now suffering a similar curse to the one that yet plagued her. The idea of someone suffering what she had gone through, that alone was a horrible thought.

She picked the blade up and drew it from the scabbard to rest upon her hands, allowing the dimly glowing tattoos on her hands of bastard swords to resonate with the very aura of the sword in her hands. One step at a time, one day at a time, was the only real option she had right now. She'd continue with her infirmary work, and certainly see to helping that friend of hers. After that? There was probably not a person out there whom could be certain. She repeated it one more time though, as her eyes reflected at herself within the silver of the blade: If you expect something to change, then you cannot do nothing.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

She stood watching the night sky of Karasuthra and the moon far off in the distance. Her mind repeatedly raced the words through her head that she had been told by a power this time. A power, and directly told this time at that. In lieu of any material reward offered for her help in the situation, An'aroluth had asked Selune for a solution much like the one that had jut been given to Raynsford. She knew well that the caveat of it being a power that had caused her problems would be no small obstacle, but she had to try anyway. The answer she got was not entirely unsatisfactory, but it was indeed depressing. While she held no doubt that there would indeed be some form of asking about it to follow up, An'a felt that twinge of sting again from the history of similar promises, including those of would-be powers, and powers alike. Promises that never went fulfilled.

The funny thing about it all was the full lack of disdain she felt. It wasn't that she had no negative feelings here. Sadness and depression were ever-so familiar in their creeping back to her mind, but there was no blame or anger at those unfulfilled promises, or what may ultimately have even amounted to empty words yet again. Perhaps they weren't even empty, perhaps something would come of it. Yet ultimately if history just repeated itself again, at least this time there wouldn't be much of a loss.

You can't expect things to change while you do nothing.

It was still true at least, even against what was proving to be nearly insurmountable odds. She almost worried that it was too selfish a goal, what she sought, but then all she had to do was remember the people whom had died because she hadn't done so already. It was a rather rough thing to accept, but ultimately one that she needed to in order to do something about it.

An Evensong was as good a place as any to start. This evening's was an Evensong of frustration, even of rage. In public she was maintaining her ever-present confidence of the unbreakable healer, always willing and able to help at a moment's notice. Private was another story, and she knew it was only a matter of time before word got out from the gymnasium of what she was doing to their training dummies. Her smiles and calm demeanor always tended to disappear when practicing lately.

Another interesting point, considering she had not once needed to draw her blade when going to the next goddess's domain, or even dealing with their enemies, and even a small seed of doubt was planted within the followings of a malicious one. A win as far as she was concerned, so there was that. She ran through all of the scenarios again, wondering in known futility that something could have changed what happened, or the outcomes for something even more favorable. For her. But she knew better.

Her next aim was high, but it was also, as far as she was concerned, her last shot. Aborea, Avrandor, and the Seldarine. Tavia had suggested it some time ago, and there was some fairly obvious hesitation as to why Ana didn't really want to head that route. There was absolutely no mistaking what she was, and some would consider her stepping on that domain absolute sacrilege, even if her own goddess had a home there. Still, there was Tavia being a follower of Hanali, and that was even aside the fact she quite enjoyed Tavia's company.

A smile played to her lips, if just barely. Even through all of her aimless frustration, it was helpful to remember there was still a few people out there to help. Her grip on her sword lessened just a bit at that, but her eyes didn't unlock from the moon. That feeling of relief was always undercut by that guttural reminder:

They could die if you get too close to them.

Rage didn't follow it this time, she was already exhausted of that. So, she just sat down, still staring out there. She had a plan at least, and maybe the Seldarine or their followers would kill her. Who knew?

Suddenly, a bout of laughter hit her, and as it calmed, she shrugged, "Oh well if they do then I guess. What more can she possibly take from me anyway?"
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »