The Beauty of Chaos

*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

Seperation pt.5
===============

"Darling, this would go much better if you wouldn't talk down to me like that. You might hurt my feelings." Aur'yn pouted a little, looking over her shoulder at Kelth.

"Don't take my words as insults, take them as advice. If you want to beat Marius, you don't play by his rules." She turned back to the body, "Of course, playing by no rules, barging in, and killing them all isn't going to get you to Marius either... and that's really what you want. Real justice against the man who ruined your life... vengance is always so fun."

"You bring up a good point, however.You don't control fate, nor do you try to. I, on the other hand..." she laughed, "I do control fate. Right now, I control Nastasia's fate. I could destroy her, you know. Then give you some sort of lie about how it didn't work, and I'd express how deeply sorry I am... of course, that wouldn't stop you from trying to kill me after the fact. Which, again, would be very poor foresight on your part, seeing as I'm very willing to help you in your endeavors."

A beam of energy crackled from her hand and hit the gemstone, breaking off a piece, turning it to dust, "But, I am going to do as I promised, because I am feeling extra generous." The energy of her hand sent dozens of shots bolting down into the gem, pushing it into the body of the woman, and at the same time breaking pieces, peeling them away, making the parts that remained glow brighter and brighter until there was a shard embedded into the woman's chest.

The bolts of energy stopped and Aur'yn stumbled a little, then moved to the empty bed where she immediately sat down and pressed a hand to her forehead, "Well, that took a fair bit of effort. I must say, I'm a little tired from that." She grinned a bit, casting a glance to Kelth, "Now, we get to wait for Nastasia."
*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

Seperation pt.6
===============

The wait was long. Aur'yn spent the hours resting, laying on the bed. She stared at the cieling, pondering on her lenghty existance.

How long had it actually been since she had taken the mask? How many bodies had she even occupied? It all became a blur of unconnected memories. A dancer, a soldier, a farmer. Their stories didn't even come to mind at all. No names, places, barely even faces.

Aur'yn lifted her hand and looked at the mauve skin. Something felt different. The removal of Nastasia was one thing, but something else made her narrow her eyes. Everything had gone exactly as she had planned, as far as the ceremony was concerned. She got to make her comments to Kelth, she was able to play her little harmless trick... even so, something else felt off.

Was something missing?

The mask? She no longer needed it. It was completely nullified, useless. Just a memory.

Slowly she sat up and reached around to touch her shoulder. That was it... wings. She used to have wings, some decades ago. So much had passed since, she hadn't even thought about them until now. It was a strange thing that she missed them...

Was this what regret felt like?

-----------------------------

Hours passed...

Nastasia ached. There wasn't a spot on her body that didn't ache to a ridiculous extent. And, yet, she could feel a body... it felt almost wrong, at first. She clenched her eyes and her hand moved slightly. A moan escaped her lips.

Slowly her eyes opened, the light forced her eyes shut a few times before she managed to be able to see anything. It took a while to adjust. She could see... hear... feel.

Nastasia tried to sit up, but winced and fell back down. She panted, it hurt to breathe, hurt to exist.

She heard an all too familiar voice, "Oh, good! She's waking up." The voice drew closer and Aur'yn spoke again, "Try to stay still, darling. Things are going to be very painful for a while."
*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

Seperation pt.7
===============

After spending an entire day in bed, Nastasia woke up to find herself alone in a room. She was a little disoriented, finding it difficult to focus on things for a while. She attempted to get a clear view of her hand before trying to do anything else. It was odd, looking down at it. This wasn't her hand, not the one she remembered. She tried to clench the fist, and it did. This was her hand now, her body.

Nastasia rolled out of bed and stretched. She was still a little sore from the procedure, but she could move, she could stand. On a table nearby there was a dagger, a set of clothing, and a note that read:

I believe these belong to you, darling
It was signed with a kiss.

Nastasia narrowed her eyes a little, she crumpled the paper and tossed it aside, then proceeded to dress herself in the clothing. They certainly did belong to her, an outfit she had worn for a while when she was able to hold Aur'yn back in her old body. It fit snugly, tightly. Her new body wasn't large by any means, but it was more muscular than her old one.

A nearby mirror gave Nastasia an opportunity to inspect her new appearance. She had long, dark hair with a hint of red. Her skin was quite similar to that of Kelth's. Most noticably, she had no abyssal traits that Nastasia could see. No horns, no tail, no fangs... her eyes didn't glow, however they had the same amber colour that Nastasia had before.

"Tha fook..." She said aloud. Then she grasped at her throat, hardly able to believe what came out.

Aur'yn's voice chuckled, "You'll want to work on your enunciation, darling."

Nastasia turned to see Aur'yn, in her old body, leaning against a wall with a smug grin. Nastasia growled, "Tha fook'r ye-" she stopped herself and then repeated, slowly, "What... the hells... are... you... doing... here?"

"That's better. I came to see how my favorite new nomad is doing." She leaned forward a little and squinted, "Mmm, I see your eyes changed, that's residual image, little bits of you will pop out into your new body for the first few times you transfer. After a while, though, you'll have forgotten what you looked like... I think I was blonde, once."

Nastasia clenched her teeth, "I should kill ye."

"That would be a bad decision, darling." Aur'yn laughed.

Nastasia grabbed the dagger off the table and twirled it in her hand, then she took a fighting pose, holding the dagger backwards in her hand. "I don't think it would be. I think ye deserve it."

"Now now, are we not going to get along anymore?" Aur'yn pouted, "Think of all the times we shared together. All those good memories."

"Ain't no good memories, berk." Nastasia growled again as she lept across the room at Aur'yn. She slashed the dagger where the horned woman was, but hit nothing.

Aur'yn appeared behind her almost instantly and continued talking, "Really, now. There's no need for violence. I want us to get along. We're like sisters now!"

"Ye destroyed my life!" Nastasia turned swiftly, again the dagger hit nothing. She paused a moment, peering around. "I can hear ye moving..." She quickly turned again and this time the dagger pressed against Aur'yn's throat as she pushed the woman against the wall.

Aur'yn smiled, "Well done."

"I should kill you. I have every reason to." Nastasia growled.

"But you won't."

"Give me one reason." Nastasia pressed the blade in tighter.

Aur'yn didn't seem phased, "I could say that I'm helping Kelth, but I'm sure he'd just commend you on killing me, ultimately helping his murderous cause." She shrugged, "I don't need to give you a reason. Because if you were going to, you would have already."

"Pikin' hells." Nastasia stepped away, the blade sliding harmlessly down Aur'yn's neck. "One day, ye'r goin' to cross someone who ain't going ta let ye get away with it."

"Mmm, I hear that a lot." Aur'yn chuckled softly as she brushed herself off. "I am helping Kelth, however."

"For noow." Nastasia shook her head, "Until ye find someone else ye'd rather help."

Aur'yn shrugged, "Honestly, you people think I'm some kind of bad person. Always accusing me of double crossing."

"Ye double crossed before. Playin' people in order to get tha upper hand. I know ye... I saw what ye did." Nastasia stated.

"Well, you'll just have to trust me."

"I'll trust ye as far as I can throw ye." Nastasia smirked, "Don't think fer a second ah'm letting ye out of me sight."

Aur'yn laughed softly, "Really, darling, you must work on your pronunciation."
*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

Assisting Kelth
===============

Nastasia had taken the dagger and cut off the majority of her hair. What was left was a mess, but it felt better than the long hair of the Rashemi woman. Despite how she appeared, Nastasia wasn't Rashemi, she was a cager to the core.

A few days after the seperation both Aur'yn and Nastasia met with Kelth in an abandoned homestead. He had a map and a plan.

He asked if they were up for a fight.

Aur'yn laughed softly, "You know I'm always up for some fun."

Nastasia nodded slowly, "Aye... yes."
*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

Assisting Kelth continued
================
Kelth laid out his plan for ambush. He handed Nastasia a pair of daggers, which she promptly twirled, then she nodded.

Aur'yn was given a rapier. The horned woman rolled her eyes a bit as Kelth explained the ambush plan. A lot of talk of stabbing and stealth.

Then he asked, "Ye twa ready fer this?"

Nastasia nodded quickly again, "Aye... yes. Ready and willing."

Aur'yn sighed, "Stealthy fighting is so not my style... but, if I must. I would rather blast them to oblivion, you know... that is kind of my thing now. But you want to be sneaky, so I'll try and be sneaky, oh shirtless leader." Aur'yn smirked.
*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

Assisting Kelth continued
=========================

The trio crept in. Kelth allowed Nastasia and Aur'yn to take out the guards, as they were more adept at being stealthy. Aur'yn went completely invisible, while Nastasia slunk into the shadows, nearly melding with them.

They guards were clueless. Nastasia's hand slipped over the guard's mouth as she sunk her dagger into his back. An effective sneak that took out the guard in seconds.

Aur'yn, on the other hand, set her guard aflame. She did cover his mouth beforehand to muffle the screams. Once dead she appeared and smiled to Nastasia and said, "Oopsie."

She was playing, as always.

After Kelth revealed all the traps, Nastasia used her nimble hands to disarm them all. Without any failure. Aur'yn stood there with a bored look on her face until the traps were gone and they were given instruction to kill the rest of the thayans.

Aur'yn leaned close to Nastasia, "Please, allow me," she skipped along happily to find new toys to play with. She made swift work of them all, killing most in their sleep using her intense blasts of energy. The aftermath wasn't pretty at all. Half discintegrated corpses lay around the area. Some had been reduced to skeletons, some were drained husks of men whose bodies had turned purple with their eyes rolled back in their heads, others were just dust.

When there was one Thayan left, Aur'yn stopped her rampage and walked closer to the man, her hips shook with each step and she regarded the man with half open eyes. "Hello, darling."

The thayan growled and launched a fireball at Aur'yn. The blast didn't phase her in the least, it merely blew away the corpses and ash that littered the ground about her.

Aur'yn giggled, "That tickled." She stepped closer and closer, stopping just infront of the man who had fallen down and was sitting on the ground. Aur'yn bent forward and smiled, "What's the matter? Don't you like me?" Her smile turned into a sadistic grin as she swiftly placed her hand over the man's face. His screams were muffled by her palm as little bolts of energy shot out of her fingertips and slowly dug into the flesh, tearing it away slice by slice until there was nothing left.

Nastasia shook her head, "You're sick."

Aur'yn smiled, "No, I'm quite healthy, actually." The turned and tossed the shatters of the thayan to the ground, "I'm sure Kelth would agree that these men should have to suffer."

"I know he would... doesn't make it right though." Nastasia crossed her arms.

Aur'yn shrugged, "You're probably not going to like his new direction in life then, darling." She walked passed Nastasia then added, "But I do... I simply love what he's becoming."

They met up with Kelth, again, who had located some tome. He turned to the women and nodded.

"Noow, fer part twa."

Aur'yn clapped, "Oh boy! I hope it's as fun as part one!" She grinned to the others, filled with glee.
*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

Assisting Kelth Continued
=========================

Kelth had forged his blade with the assistance of some anvil deep in a deadly and dangerous forest. Little was said between Nastasia and Aur'yn during this trip. Although Aur'yn did, on occasion, express that she wasn't 'having any fun'.

Once crafted they met up with the Durthan woman once more as Kelth was to make payment to her, 'in flesh', as he promised.
Kelth hugged them both. Nastasia whispered to him, "Don't do this..."

Aur'yn was caught off guard when the large man embraced her. She said nothing, it even felt a bit awkward to her. This was the second time Kelth had embraced her. The first was on accident, mistaking her for Nastasia when the two were in one body. But now, Kelth was intentionally hugging Aur'yn.

He then winked.

Au'yn nudged Nastasia as Kelth headed off with the Durthan.

"Naya won't approve." Nastasia crossed her arms.

Aur'yn laughed softly, "Do you really think he's going to do what he said?"

Nastasia paused.

"Kelth is a changed man, little Stas," Aur'yn continued, "I'm not sure how much you remember of recent days, since you were awfully quiet until I let you out... do you know what happened?"

Nastasia narrowed her eyes, "Yes."

"Marius destroyed his life. Destroyed everything he was." Aur'yn smirked, "I think you can relate to that."

Nastasia growled.

"Now that I think about it, there is a lot of similarities. You were both forced to try and kill your lover... except I succeeded where Marius' plan failed to actually kill Naya... but, then, maybe that was his plan all along." Aur'yn smiled smugly, "A foolish plan, if you ask me, when you go against someone like Kelth and Naya, you don't wittle away at them... you take them out in one fantastic motion."

"How can you talk like that?" Nastasia clenched a fist, "Like what happened to my life is so trivial."

"Because it is... to me." Aur'yn lifted her hand and inspected her nails, "I've destroyed more lives than I care to imagine. That's what we nomads do, darling."

"Stop calling me that, I'm not like you."

"But you are. Is that meat suit you're wearing your own? No, it is not." Aur'yn smirked confidently. "Nomad."

Nastasia took a step closer to the horned woman, "No, because you're wearing mine. It's like some sick joke to watch you use that body."

Aur'yn looked up, then turned her gaze to Nastasia. She laughed softly, "Yes... yes I suppose it is kind of funny."

"I ain't laughing."

"When time comes, and that body starts to fade, what will you do? You know that you could move yourself to another. The procedure is in your head... and Kelth took notes. Together you could do it without my help at all." Aur'yn's taunts dug deeper, "What I do isn't natural, and most would say it's down right evil... and, yet, you're just as guilty of this crime as I am now."

Nastasia moved swiftly, her fist collided with Aur'yn's cheek and she knocked the woman down, "Shut ye'r pikin' mouth!"

Aur'yn pressed her hand to her cheek, then laughed, "Your accent is slipping out again."

"I don't soddin' care. Ye'll never talk to me like that again. I ain't like ye! I never will be." Nastasia stated.

Aur'yn stood up, slowly then turned back to Nastasia, "Deny it all you want, darling." Aur'yn shrugged, "When the time comes..." she stopped herself and looked toward Kelth who was approaching. His sword was bathed in blood. Nastasia's jaw dropped a little, while Aur'yn smiled. "It's a good thing you didn't specify who's flesh you took the payment from." Aur'yn laughed gleefully.
*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

"When the time comes..." The words echoed in the recesses of Nastasia's mind as she slept. She couldn't believe Aur'yn's words, she'd spent too much time combating the woman, trying to stop from becoming her. But the seed of doubt had been planted. What would Nastasia do if faced with mortality, knowing fully that she could avoid her own demise. Would she give in?

The fact that she doubted herself made her feel sick. She instinctively rubbed her hand over the spot where the gem had been embedded into her chest.

-----------------------

Kelth spent the hours reading his book. Despite all of Aur'yn's attempts to distract the man, he wouldn't even look her way. It made her sad, made her pout. Still, no attention. With a huff she walked off, passing by Nastasia without even a glance.

Aur'yn found a rock and sat down with a sigh. She lifted her hands and let the energy crackle back and forth between her palms for a moment. Then with a flick of her wrist the energy dissipated. She reached around and pressed a hand to her shoulder blade again.

No wings...

She ran through the procedure in her mind again, ensuring every step was done properly... everything was as plan. Even her security precautions, in case Kelth got stabby. Everything was set. It was right.

And yet, something ate at her now. She found herself thinking of Mt.Celestia. Watching the wildlife on the silver sea... the beautiful cities... did she really miss them all now?

No, that was ridiculous. She shook her head, it was impossible. The place was a prison of servitude, not a paradise! Aur'yn placed a hand over her face... She thought of the mask... and of the devil inside it...

Was that it?
*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

Aur'yn remembered...

"Give them no quarter!" A tall, golden skinned, man with impressive wings, wearing a shining plate armor, shouted as he pointed his blade down the battlefield. the ground was dead, shrewn with the bodies of celestials, devils, and mortals. He charged ahead with his bretheren in tow, headlong toward a gathering of fiends who were holding their stand.

Not one of them a general, not one of them in charge, the devils stood no chance against the celestial onslaught. Blade and bone fluttered through the air. Blasts of light and dark collided. Some fell, others triumphed. Until, at the end, there was nothing. Only five celestials stood.

The gold skinned man, a deva, looked around the aftermath, "It is not here." he stated.

"I am aware." A beautiful woman with flowing gold locks replied. Her wings folded into her back, against her silver plate armor. She sheathed a longsword and rolled her shoulders, "He eludes us again, Hashmiel."

"Commander Aur'yn," The gold skinned man turned to the woman, "I apologize, I did not intend for him to retreat. The devil is elusive."

Aur'yn nodded, "He can not run forever. We are getting closer." She smiled a bit as she knelt down and yanked a black gemmed necklace from the neck of one devil. She held it in her hand, letting a brilliant light wash over the jewelry until it turned to dust. "Let us press on."

"Commander Aur'yn, should'nt we return for re-enforcements?" Hashmiel argued.

Aur'yn gave him a stern glance, "No, we are too close to retreat."

"I am not suggesting a retreat, commander, I am suggesting a regroup."

"And I said no. He's in our grasp. Soon this nightmare will be put to rest. One less devil of this magnitude is worth the losses." Aur'yn stated coldly. "Destroying this beast is the only thing that matters."
*Raneguin

Posted by *Raneguin »

After returning to Mt.Celestia, Aur'yn reported her success to her superiors. She knelt down infront of a Solar and presented the mask, "I have completed my campaign as instructed, sir Azean."

The solar looked down at the female and took the mask in hand. He inspected the object, then looked around, "Where is your team?"

Aur'yn bowed her head, "This is all that survived, sir." The four others bowed as well in their formation behind their commander.

The Solar frowned, "So many losses."

"But the devil was destroyed." Aur'yn stated.

"No, it still exists." The Solar stated, "In this artifact, the devil lives on."

"So, we should destroy the mask." Aur'yn stated.

"No, that is what the devil would expect. Instead, we will leave him inside this... inside he is useless, unable to cause harm to anyone." The Solar nodded, "it will be safeguarded, here, in Mt.Celestia."

"An excellent decision, sir. The mask can remain here while my team goes-"

Azean interrupted, "By you."

Aur'yn's eyes widened. "Pardon?"

"You and what remains of your team will be in charge of safeguarding the mask."

"Sir, is that a wise use of our abilities? I mean, we've spent our lives hunting-"

Again, Azean interrupted, "Your duty was to dispatch this, precise, devil. Therefore, this devil is your responsibility. You are to guard it."

Aur'yn clenched her teeth a little, but nodded her head, "Yes... sir."