A true Death

Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

With every step her bones shook, and heart new heart beat faster and faster. She panted, out of breath. This was not normal. None of this was normal. Soon, she was crawling, each step and impossible battle, but she knew she had to reach the top.

Step by agonizing step, pulling herself up with her hands she went. She collapsed a few times, to weak too continue. But every time she pulled herself together, and continued. The top. The top. As she went, more and more memories returned. Sarin… Azuriel. Devil, Celestial. She was nothing now. She would call herself a mortal, but that would be an insult too mortals. The curse rang in here ears. Wander till the end of time. She was never going to die, was she. Cursed by the power of an archduke of hell. Never going to die. This form, this pain, would never end. She didn’t deserve any better.

Eventually, after endless climbing, she reached the top. She fell forward, then rolled onto her back. She looked up at the man. Sparks of realization rattled through her head. She knew who this was. She should not be here. She was nothing now. One final act of cruelty from the hells.
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

The man, perhaps a priest, drove the serrated dagger into his victims chest, and carved in crude lines. The screams echoed across the land, and was joined by cheers and shouts from the multitude bellow.

The priest then dropped his knife, and reached to tear the mans chest open. Somehow, the poor man still seemed alive through all of this, struggling uselessly and crying out in horror as his own heart was ripped out and held high.

As the priest showed off this grisly prize, drops began to fall from the skies. Thick, cold, and not quite water. The rain quickened, and the skies themselves seemed to burn . The moon like light was replaced with a terrible flare of red and orange; the sky seemed not to hold clouds, but shifting faces of mists and shadows, stretching across the horizon.

The new light also revealed the rain for what it was; blood, coming down faster and harder.

The millions bellow were also now visible; inhuman forms all. Twisted faces, bearing fangs and horns. Some bore wings, others stood on cloven hooves, and still others were shaped in ways that defy description.

The priest stopped his triumphant cry at last, and finally returned his gaze down at Sarin. He snarled, and spoke more of that unholy language. As he did, Sarin became aware of two more figures, seemingly having appeared out of thin air. They were both men at first glance, almost of perfect form and features, but their skin was near obsidian black, and their eyes without pupils.
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Sarin continues too gaze up at the figure. As the heart was cut out, she turned over again, and pulled herself up. She stood, shakily, waiting and watching.

“I missed this all. I should have been here, but I missed it.”

Her voice was not her own. A horrible, croaking rattle

“But no. My largest failure. Do as you will.”

More and more of Sarin was returning, as her mind knitted itself together, like her new body. It was all strange and alien. Nothing was as it should. This was wrong. Sarin closed her eyes. Memories washed over her. The song of birds, her anger at the celestials. All gone. She was hollow and broken. Her body was gone, her soul was gone. She was some stitched up monster now. Nothing more. She waited for whatever would come.
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Sarin’s eye flick back open, and a single spark of something appears within her. She had nothing left. And in a way, the devil’s had lied. They told her she would return home. This may be in prime, deep within the abyss, but this was not home. The devils lied. And the devils wanted lies. She wasn't a devil anymore. Truth be told, she wasn’t anything anymore. But that spark that had her before was back.

“Do with me as you will Demon. I cannot stop you. I have been broken three times, again and again. But know you cannot do anything more to me. Any torture you inflict, any horror. It cannot surpass what I have endured. There is not enough left of me for it too. You will torture a shell. There will be no pain in it for me, no anger. I will simply exist, until my mind stops.”

“Let me leave here, and I will kill devils. I will kill many, many devils. Devils of Avernus. Devils who fight in the blood war. I will corrupt celestials. The celestials of The Seven Heavens. I will send them too the lower planes in droves. I will corrupt the churches that worship them, and send them in droves. I will be an undying agent of death and chaos across the multiverse.
Taurus Daggerknight

The priest snarled at her, and pointed accusingly at her. The inccubi were upon her in an instead, grabbing her by the arms . One leaned in and sniffed her neck, and seemed almost rebuked by her. It turned an almost surprised gaze back at the priest, and barked out a series of hard to follow words in that dark tongue.

The trio seemed almost startled, and a little bit confused, but the moment was brief; the priests lips curled into a fierce snarl, before he pointed at the altar while barking out another order. The inccubi complied, and began dragging her over, pushing the other, now very dead body off before attempting to force her atop the stony surface.
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Incubi and succubi are many things, but they are not known for their crushing strength. Sarin struggles with all her might too avoid being put on the alter. At the same time, she simply rolls her eyes, and closes them. Another eternity of torture? The hells would not send her too death. She knew that much. There was nothing left too torture. She would fight, because fuck demons, but in truth she didn’t care anymore. It was only base instinct and hatred that kept her going at this point. There was nothing of Sarin left.

She opens her eyes and struggles again. She would be damned if she let some piss-ant whore-demons subdue her without a fight.
Taurus Daggerknight

Sarin was not at her peak strength by a long way, but her struggle did seem to catch the demon to her left unaware. She managed to slip her arm from his grip, but the one to her right held her firm.

The fiend she had momentarily escaped from snarled, and slammed the back of his hand across her face. The force of the blow broke her nose and drew blood from her mouth.

She would be forced to spit out a mouthful, which landed upon the altar.

A sacrifice... or a key.

A flash of light issued forth from the stone, taking all three fiends by surprise. They both leapt back and away from the strange tear in their world. A glowing ring, surrounding a surface that looked almost like a mirror, except its reflection was of a world entirely different from this one. A world of smoggy skies, and bladed spires.

A duo of men in heavy red armor seemed to perceive this new rift on their side, and drew their weapons, standing at the ready for whatever may happen.
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Sarin looks backwards, into the eye of the incubus who managed to hold her.

“You die,” she said, before half diving, half falling into the portal. She landed with an almighty crash, and looks up at the two hardheads

“I am Namer Sarin’Nzith of the Dustmen, and member of the strikeforce that killed the seer.”

Sarin points at the portal.

“That leads into the 978th layer of the abyss. I would re-”

Sarin’s mind fades, and for the first time ever she knows what it is like to be forced into a natural sleep. Her dreams offer her no solace from the world. Only birdsong, that fades from memory as soon as one wakes.
Taurus Daggerknight

When Sarin would next awake, she would find herself in the Mortuary, laying upon a bloodied surgical table. Her body bears fresh stitches and bandages. There was no one in the room just now, and no shackles holding her down. A mirror was nearby, in which she would finally be able to see herself for what she now was; a twisted, disfigured, vaguely humanoid thing.

No doubt she would have much explaining to do, having claimed to be the erinyes who fought in the last war, and a Namer of the Dustmen. Still, for all intents and purposes, she was back "home", if the Cage could ever be such.