A true Death

mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

"Oh Hells, I'm never going to make it up." The crone fussed. And she looked with suspicion at the belt.

"What's that? And how much? I can't pay you. I don't even have anything to drink, but there's water aplenty in the stream."
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

"This belt will get you there. What do you have?"
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

The crone clutched the bundle beside her close.

"I told you, I can't pay you!" she declared.

But after a moment of defiant glaring, something sparked her interest. She looked at the deviless with a hint of cunning in her eyes.

"There's something off about you. I smell dark magics. Necromancy?" she sniffs "And you're coming down the mountain. Did they stop you at the gates? Did you try to fight your way in?

"You need to be more clever than that, my dear. I know. I've studied." she taps the side of her nose knowingly with a boney claw.
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

"No. I didn't try to fight my way in. And you have a good nose. My home isn't up there. Not my time to leave this place I dont think, but I'm not bound to walk with these ones."

"What have you studied?"
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

"The way in." answered the crone.

"That's why you're here, isn't it? To cheat fate? To climb the mountain to paradise and bask in the heavenly city at the top? But you don't belong here, and you'll never get to the top honestly. But you don't have to give up either, my dear.

"Come with me, I know a shortcut. I just need help with this infernal pack." she looked with annoyance at the bundle at her feet; clearly she had mixed feelings about it.
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

"What is it? The pack? Most dont come to celestia with any burden on their shoulders... its kinda part of getting here."
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

"A necessary evil, I'm afraid" the crone pats her pack, as though that was all the explanation needed. Sarin had seen a few other souls carrying burdens as they trudged up the mountain. . . but none so large or weighty looking as this woman's bundle.

"But come, we musn't tarry long. You don't have time, and neither do I."

She beckoned the brachina over, looking entirely ready to load her up with the rather large pack.
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Trying to cheat the hangman are we? Sarin thought. Lets see where this goes. Not about to let somebody sneak into heaven.

“Lead the way.”
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Sarin tosses her the belt

"You carry it. Not sure I trust you."
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

The crone huffed, and struggled with the bundle. It was obnoxiously large, and looked like it was just about crushing her. She tottered a few feet with the bundle, and then stopped, and had to sit down again.

"A little help, my dear?" She looked over at Sarin. "Or we'll never get anywhere."