Azuriel's Redemption

Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Azuriel is spending a massive amount of jink to have her temple set up close to the portal to Maldomini as possible. its a large structure, with extensive underground section. The front is a totally public and open temple to Mephistopheles. She is coordinating with the soul takers on setting up contracts, and is personally conducting any rites, setting herself up as their head priestess.

She is attempted to attract convert through offerings of safety, power, food. Bella is setting up places for education and free food, and she is attempting to preach the word of what her patron can do for the ward.

She is reaching out to gang members in particular with contracts. A very specific group of contracts, she has personally bargained and worked out with the soul takers. They give a very certain thing. Money, power, love. Something like that. They cost your soul, but they have the added bonus of bumping you straight to imp, skipping time as a lemure. She would personally be going out and talking people through these, and would essentially argue: "Your going to be sent to the lower planes when you die, might as well get a good deal, and not spend an eternity as a mindless pile of flesh, or get stuck into a soul prism."
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Finding a plot of land to build the temple on wasn't too hard. Azuriel managed to locate an old tenement building for sale near the Maladomini portal weeks back. The owner was willing to part with it for an attractive price too - apparently being next to a portal to the 7th layer of Hell had been bad for business, even in the Hive.

The day Azuriel came to take possession of the building, her presence caused a bit of a stir. Children looked up at her with curiosity and wonder. Housewives looked at her with some suspicion. A few ne'er-do-well fellows in doorways looked at her with hostility.

A few days later, when she was again in the neighborhood, overseeing the work, she noticed a gathering of people across the street from her property. A few she might recognize as her new neighbors - the residents of the building across the way. But the ones doing the talking were new - three tall men, with darker complexions, and straight black hair. One of them had an impressive number of teeth strung on a cord around his neck. They seemed to be sizing her up when they didn't think she was looking, but made no move to approach her.

Over the next week or so, the tall fellow with the necklace of teeth made a few more appearances in the neighborhood. Sometimes he seemed to just be socializing with the locals. Other times, he seemed to be just loitering in the neighborhood. The locals gave him a measure of deference, and he seemed on friendly enough terms with them. He also seemed quite interested in the construction project, though content to watch from a distance. . .for the moment.
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Azuriel would wait for a time when he was with other people, before she would approach. She was dressed in a simple grey robe, with her deathmask on. Her hood was down, showing her horns. Before she left, she sorted her bags a little bit.

She stepped away from overseeing the construction, and made a beeline for the group. She would approach, and nod to the man.

"Greetings. My name is Azuriel."

She motions back towards the digsite

"Going to be moving in. I think we have business."

She directed at the teeth-neckalce man.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

"Oi." - that was all Azuriel got in the way of a return greeting. The bystanders moved back a little, and the fellow crossed his arms, now obviously sizing Azuriel up.

"Tag's Zan. What business does a Dustwoman have with me? I ain't dead yet."
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

"No. Not dead yet."

Azuriel unclips her mask, and places it on her belt.

"I'm moving in. Opening a temple. I figure knowing my neighbors is a good idea. And, you have been watching me."
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

"Sure, I've been watching you. Lots of people have been watching you." The fellow explained, his voice rather flat.

"Looks to be a pretty big temple you're building. Funny place you picked for it too. Who are you planning on worshipping in your big stone temple?"
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

"Its going to be a temple to Mephistopheles, along with a few other of The Nine. Your more than welcome to come to our first gathering. In fact, I've been looking for people just like you, I think."

Azurie lights a cigarette.

"We are going to be giving out free food. Actually free," This is directed at the rest of the group.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

A few ears perked up at the free food offer among the bystanders.

"Jus' like me?" The fellow replied, "Just what goes this 'gathering' entail?"
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

"Depends on what you come expecting. For most? Food. For those who seek more... interesting thing, they can be offered as well. From your garb, and your company, I think you might desire more interesting things from life."

"If not," *She shrugs.* "Sorry to bother you. Striving for advancement isn't a path everybody follows. You are of course welcome to come and eat."
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

"Do you think we were all born yesterday?" the fellow scoffed. The bystanders looked a little bit disappointed at his reaction.

"You expect us to believe that the consecration of a temple of Mephistopheles is just a nice neighborhood banquet? Y'say you're offering advancement - how? What's the price? We all deserve to know that, up front."