Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Names:

Sarin
Null
Wrath
Azuriel
Mikistsanatl

Role: She seems dedicated to keeping some form of balance in the multiverse. She is Arcadian. An experienced Sigilian planeswalker, blood crow, blood war veteran, shopkeep, and active, working planar.

Voice: She speaks with a Salish accent, in a deep, feminine voice.

This creature goes by many names, and for people who have known her for a while, she goes by many faces. Her most recent name is Mikistsanatl, although she responds to any of her names.

She stands at around 8 feet fall. She has a slight glow to her eyes. Her skin is a dark, earthen color, and her face the color of a rock. She has an aura about her. Assurance, but also awe and fear. It does not effect people in any meaningful way, but she still has the aura.

Azuriel is very much a LN character, leaning towards evil. She sees the good and bad side in Baator, and Celestia, and is willing to work with either to get the job done. Her personality is very reserved, with some coldness, some sarcasm, but she has a warmth to her not many get to see.

Wrath fights in multiple combat styles. Her most common is with her fists, but she is also a skilled bowman, a dead two weapon fighter, and a powerful caster. She is generally a sorcerer, although she has knowledge of the wizardly arts. Due to her long lifespan, she has picked up a bit of everything in terms of martial skills.

In terms of abilities, her form is naturally gifted with magic. She has a form of powerful telepathy, one par with that of the Mind flayers, that allows her to send images, messages, speech, and even project large portions of memory outward. She can also read minds, although she cannot delve past surface thoughts. She naturally uses a mixture of arcane and divine magic.

Her history is very long, and very varied. Sections of it shall be laid out below.
Last edited by Sarin on Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Azuriel was sitting on her prime, watching birds. She had taken the form of a mortal. She had been given a very important, if tedious task. Something she used to give to other people. To shepard and watch over the flock.

She spotted them. A group of hunters. They carried bags and bags of the bird. She followed them, silently stalking. She took out her bow and notched an arrow. She took aim. Then, the screaming began.

Azuriel looked up. A group of celestials started to appear above her, ready for war. So. It was time.

They had been skirmishing with demons for a while. Azuriel had helped, but due to her status was mostly relegated to watching. Now. There was screaming. And the angels marched to war.

Azuriel jumped down from the tree she was hiding in, and began to usher the hunting group back to their city. The screaming got louder. Azuriel could hear laughter, hissing, the burning of fire, combat.

They parted the trees, and arrived at the city. It was chaos. Demons fighting angels in the streets. She shouted at the hunters to run. They made a break for the city. Azuriel covered them with her bow. They reached the city, and vanished into the buildings. Azuriel looked over the pyramids, reaching her magical senses out. There. The most potent source.

She snuck her way through the city, avoiding combat where possible. She sniped a few demons, but generally stayed silent. There. On top of a pyramid.A many armed snake women battled three planetars. As she watched as the snakes lashed out with four arms, and one of their heads was taken from their shoulders.

Azuriel races up the pyramid, loosing arrow after arrow. They burned with holy light. Most of them bounced off the snakes hide, or were deflected, but a few found their mark, and sank into her flesh.

The planetars deliver many slashes and cuts, but the demon would not go down. One of them took two swords through the chest, and fell down the pyramid, dead. The last one held his ground, waiting.

The Marileth turned its head, looking for the bowman. She was nowhere to be seen. She narrowed her eyes.

She turned back to the battle weary planetar. She rushed forward, attempting to knock him off the pyramid. Azuriel lept from behind her, landing on the back of her humanoid half. Iron Kukri’s dug deep into her flesh. In a few seconds two arms were disabled, their shoulders broken, tendons cut. The marileth lashed out, but could not reach her.
Azuriel jumped off her back. In a rage, the Marileth turned to her.

“And what is this… Some devil spawn, in our city?”

The planetar charged, and attempted to deliver a mighty thrust to her back. She spun around, and swung her blades at the angel.

Azuriel lept in front of the blades. They drove into her shoulder, chest and abdomen. The force of the impact sent her sprawling, rolling down the pyramid.

Her eyes snapped open. The regeneration spell she had cast on herself bringing her back to the world of the living. She looked up the pyramid. The Marileth cackled, covered in blood. The last planetar was dead. Azuriel drew out a shield and sword.

A screech of birds could be heard overhead. Azuriel looked up. A thunder bird came flying down from the sky. A massive bolt of lighting lanced out from the clouds that came in its wake. The pyramid exploded.

Azuriel took cover behind a building. She peeked out. A massive rock moved, as the Marileth came out of the wreckage. She screamrf something about the bird being hers. Azuriel charged her.

She delivered a series of cuts, knocking another two hands out of the fight, before the demon could respond. Its massive tail lashed out. Azuriel took it on her shield. She was sent flying a few steps back.

She charged again, and began to fight the demon. It was wounded, but was still more than a match for her.

“I killed you,” it hissed.

The eyes of the Marileth widened, and she reached her hand out, summoning magic. Suddenly, Azuriel felt something return to her. Some flicker of planar essence. Something that could actually die.

“Let’s return you to the hells for your punishment.”

Azuriel spat out some blood, and kept her distance. The snake woman slithered at her. They fought for minutes on end, the Marileth growing more and more angry that she couldn't kill her. Then, she battered a hole in Auriel's shield. She stuck her two remaining blades through it, and pulled Azuriel close. She looked her in the eye, a smile on her face.

In a blast of holy radiance, Azuriel was hit by the grace of a divine being. Wings sprouted from her back, and holy light poured from her. The screeching of every bird she had ever made came from overhead. Azuriel instantly rushed the blinded greater demon, and ran up the front of her. She grabbed her chin and flipped around, so she was hanging from its back. The marileth attempted to strike her, but again, she could not reach.

Azuriel placed her legs on the demon back, and with her newfound celestial might, yanked her chin back. The neck of the demon broke. Azuriel sent a blast of holy energy through the creature. Its eyes and mouth exploded in light.

Azuriel jumped down as the creature fell.The demons were retreating. She gathered her weapons, and headed home.

The roost was busy. Planars milled about gathering supplies, preparing for war. Father was awake and watching. Azuriel went to the birds, and meditated. She opened her purple book, and looked through it. The end was close. She could taste it.

Then, the call came. They marched to war. More and more demons were arriving. Her father prepared to travel.

In a blast of wind, thunder, lighting, and feathers, her whole roost appeared on the planet. Thunder and lighting rolled in on their wake. They would try to save the world from demons, consequences be damned.

Demons marched on the ground, and flew in the city. The mortals martialed their forces on the ground, and celestials from other gods came to their aid. The sky was the domain of her flock.

The battle was brutal and seemingly unending. Many angels died of fatigue, mistakes. Azuriel had been fighting the demons for more time than her prime had existed. Slowly, ever so slowly, their number was whittled down. Father held on, keeping the skys somewhat clear. Until the day that heardeled his doom. A mortal, with an abyss crafted bow, shot an arrow of death magic. It pierced his hide, and he fell from the sky. He was a mighty creature, and kept fighting, but the sky was lost.

Azuriel’s father died eventually. Along with her host. Of demon blade, or heartbreak. Azuriel shifted from fighting with the celestials, to fighting with the mortals. She did all she could. Staying with the ones loyal to her pantheon. Then, when they died, she joined a sect of necromancers. They did not know why a celestial knew so much about necromancy, but they did not turn her away. They fought with her. But even they could not hold out.

A man carrying a magical book, that could lay waste to whole battlefields, and raise whole armies came. The end times approached. Azuriel had been planning for this the whole time. With her prime doomed, she gathered the remains of the necromancers, and journeyed to a demiplane she made. She sealed it tightly, and waited...
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

She had been called by father. She preened, and took a bath first. Can't show up covered in blood. Father was coiled around his eggs. As Azuriel approached, he raised his head, and sleepily looked down.

“You died.”

“I could not save them.”

Father gave a slow blink.

“Does that matter? Warriors die. That is their duty. But you died for them.”

“Death is just another journey. I have walked it many times.”

“So I have learned.”

Azuriel looks back at her wings.

“Was this you?”

He shook his head slightly.

“The god of those planetars. A gift.”

“Shall I give them to you.”

“You have been in my mind for many years. It is not often one of us comes back from The Hells. And not often many come back through time to make amends. I gave you a simple job. Serving your replacement. You were happy with it.”

“I dont want power. I just want to serve.”

“Did you not want power when you fell?”

“Perhaps she did. But I do not. I tried it once. It tasted of ash in my mouth. I am a simple creature.”

“And so you have served. For many years. And you fought a greater demon. Even when your death was possible.”

“Killing demons is nothing new to me.”

“I know.”

“So shall I return the wings?”

Father gave a slight shake of her head. I suddenly felt stange. The world was too small, birds screeched in my ears. I fell over and started to vomit. The sound was so loud. My eyesight began to shake. I looked up. Thunderbirds gathered around us.. One by one, they screeched, then flew off.

I felt a bond forming. A sudden, rush, filling the void that was my dead mind. A connection with father, with Arcadia.

“Stand daughter. We do not kneel.”

Shakily, I stood, tears streaming down my face.

“And staunch those tears. The time of your forgiveness has come. We shall fight. None of us can survive, lest time itself be torn asunder. Prepare an escape for yourself. You can live on. Remember one thing. You are of my roost, not of the hells, not a Brachina, a legionary Erinyes. No matter the form you take, no matter the passage of time. You are my child, and a creature of Arcadia.”

I shook my head. The thunderbirds had all flown off. I let out a sigh. My father looked up.

“The demons. They shall come soon. Sharpen your talon, and garb yourself for battle.”

I nodded, and ran back to the flock, preparing for war.
Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Everything has a price, and now they were paying it. She had ventured out from the demiplane, seeking help protecting it. All sides she approached turned her down. Some could not stand the fact they were necromancers. Some she could not get across the point of wanting to protect humans. Some simply did not care.

She opened a door to it. The first thing that struck her was the smell of death. There used to be about a hundred people in her demiplane. She looked out over three groups of undead, fighting. Her people were dead, the crops gone. The sun was blocked out by dark clouds. She looked out over the dead remains of her people.
We all pay for our mistakes. We had turned to necromancy, in our desire to fight the demons. I knew a time like this would come. It had just come when I was away.

I walked into the plane, and made my way through the undead. The undead pact held strong, and nobody stopped me. The three armies fought. I headed to one of our pyramids. Blood ran in rivers down its steps. I climbed them slowly.

On top of it, stood a vampire, and his honor guard. I had made him personally. He sought a true death. He never reached it. He turned to me, and smiled.

“The true death. I have given it to them. Some fight. We will get them all in the end.”

I stared at him. He paused, flinched at my gaze.

“Are you not happy.”

I looked up at the dark sun.

“You forget where you stand.”

In a sudden rush, the sun surged down, rushing past the smog. The sunlight hit the city like a hammer. The vampires were instantly killed. A good portion of all three armies died. Either from weakness to fire, or weakness to sunlight. I took flight, and headed toward the center of another army.

A lich was holding a protective barrier over part of his army, stopping his servants from burning. I summoned fourth magic. The undead turned on him, rushing him down. There was screaming, cursing, and soon, silence. I closed my eyes, and felt where his soul was going. These people were mine.

I reached out, and caught it. I brought it before me.

“It was self defence,” he spat.

“Then why is everybody dead.”

“It’s better some live on, then everybody becoming a corpse for that vampire.”

“No. You have proven that to be false.”

I teared him asunder. His soul would never find the afterlife.

The last undead army had stopped moving, all burned down. I flew across the demiplane, to its capital building. A small hut. The king never wanted to be king, but I had enforced a democratic election. They had given it to him. I landed in front of the house, and opened the door.

He sat there, looking crushed. He looked up at me.

“I failed them.”

I looked back outside. The sun rose back above the smog.

“No. You didn't. The failure happened many years ago, before your ancestors even came to this land.”

“What is there left?”

“A true death.”

He looked up at me. Me teaching one of them the path to true death was rare.

“We are gone then?”

“You are the only living thing that is left.”

He gave a low nod.

“That is… not the worst way a people can die.”

“No. Its not. I must go now. The souls of the dead require shepherding.”

He relaxed, and sat down in his chair. His undead fell silent.

I helped him to the true death, embalmed his body, and imparted it with a massive amount of negative energy, creating a new unlife. The vampire souls remained. I stuffed him into a new bound, and enslaved him to my will. I dug the graves of all of my people personally. They had truly died many years ago. This was simply there last, rattling breath.