OOC: This is In Character Section...

*Mr_Otyugh

Posted by *Mr_Otyugh »

This is In Character section, while I understand you players want to get through the trading equipment as simply as possible, we DMs prefer you put at least a little effort on the IC part of the posts... when players cease to put effort on roleplaying is the moment roleplaying ceases to exist.

If you want here's some examples that can be used to describe item properties without usage of immersion breaking numbers or loopy-loophole "tiers".

Enchantment: (meaning the blade cuts through defenses more effectively...)
- Lesser- (enchantment...)
- Mediocre-
- Great-
- Exceptional-

When describing other properties:
- Has markings of Elemental Plane of Fire (fire damage)
- Has Markings of Negative Energy Plane (negative damage)
- This amulet is enchanted to protect against negative energy (+4 saves vs death/ability and level drain)
- With this trinket you're able to release slight force from Quasielemental Plane of Lightning... (IE. cast spell: Lightning Bolt)

And so forth...

Of course you can also add as OOC addon to those descriptions the properties, ie. "((+2 enchantment, +1d4 fire damage and cast spell light twice per day))"

As ending, I'm not saying everyone has to do it this way or has to learn to be greatest roleplayers, all I wish is that players see a little bit more effort on the roleplaying side rather than just add item properties OOCwise.