thy flesh consumed

*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

Another Cycle, another dead berk, But what else is new. Here's what's new, seems like the berks over at the Temple of the abyss are spooked. Hiring more tough looking Cutters whom are armed to the teeth, in many sense both figuratively and literally. 

Chant is, some one nicked a very pricey artifact right from under their nose.
The Dark? It seems to be an Artifact of immense power.
The Darkest?? Some sort of Wand....? Wonder who it belongs too. 

Few cycles afterwards, seems like folks are becoming very ill, disease around the Hive Ward ain't new, but the Bleakers and local infirmaries seem to have both hands and cods filled. 
The Chant Black boils and patches are the symptoms.
The Dark: Seems like the recently dead ain't staying dead according to the Deaders.
The Darkest:What's this about a Bodak? 
*Whisper

Posted by *Whisper »

The curiosity is not lost on an individual working within the walls of two infirmaries in Hive Ward. They attempt to get close enough to talk to these patients, to tend to them, their own mouth covered up to avoid any spread of the infection to themselves. They were only capable of minor tasks, being a simple volunteer.

Between the chaos, this person also would attempt to catch co-workers at convenient times to question their knowledge on where the sudden flood of patients have come from, and why?
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

Cough Cough, "Ow my Sides" chimed in one of the patients as the sounds of pained groans was heard all through out the infirmaries, the symptoms were all the same, black and painful boils that seemed to erupted and grow a lot more bigger and would appear on random spots on their bodies, most would die from dehydration as they have a hard time keeping down food.
Rarely? Some would pass, only to awaken as a Bodok, there was at least two or three Dustmen on every location where these patients where just in case such things arise, they would seemingly be keeping their own notes. 

Diseases aren't too uncommon but the majority of the break out could be traced to a small section in the Hive Ward, which has now been condemned by the locals and medical volunteer. 
*Whisper

Posted by *Whisper »

An approach was made to the dustmen if a convenient time presented itself. The individual approaching them looked to be in concern about the patient they had come to stand nearby, with a small stack of dry towels in hand. "Another one? It's an awful way to go.. Have you seen many turn like this?"
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

The Dustmen would look to them with a quizzical stare before taking a towel and cleaning their hands "Risen as Bodoks? Not many, out of the 30 that has diseased, only about 4 were Risen as Bodoks, We are performing autopsies as we speak, I've seen small outbreaks before in my time, but never something in this magnitude." 
*Whisper

Posted by *Whisper »

"What have you found out so far?" She asks the Dustmen while they clean their hands. "Both in the past outbreaks, as well as presently?"
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

"This Outbreak isn't natural, lets say as a Corpse falling in a well and every one draws from it, no, this is far more sinister, magical in its nature, the fact that a Bodok rises after they die away suggests strong Necromancy is in play. I fear the bodies will pile up faster if the source of this Outbreak isn't contained, some one.., or something is the cause of this..." 
*Whisper

Posted by *Whisper »

She furrows her brows. "Have you any speculation as to what or who did it? Could keep my eye out and report back if i spot anything suspicious."
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

"Hrm...." The Older Dustmen would rub his Bearded as he sucked his teeth and sighed a bit "Perhaps some sort of Plaguewrought being..., but this does not explain the other symptoms, some even experienced a stoppage of their heart...less than 30 Seconds They've counted.., It leads me to suspect a Cabal of sorts..., Thankfully it seems to only concentrated in the Hive Wards and have not spread any further, yet" Said the Dustmen in a rather deadpan delivery "We're running a bit short handed so i unfortunately , i cannot personally assist."   
*Whisper

Posted by *Whisper »

"Huh.. What are all of the other symptoms?" She asks inquisitively. "What is the temple hiring for? I could head on down there during my break, see if there is anything i could assist with."