An Open Forum Debate - At the Hall of Speakers

*Dathi

Posted by *Dathi »

"Knowing is for fools. Understanding is for scholars. Believing is for life." - The headline for a flyer found about the Great Bazaar and Clerks Ward this cycle. 

Apparently, the peddler Ugdum Wogshurd, 'self proclaimed' Sector of the 'Liberators', is inviting rounders to an open discussion about Planar philosophy in the Hall of Speakers. How he wrangled the spot is anyone's guess, but it likely involved a lot of jink, good will, or favours. The chant is that he aims to make it a semi-regular occurrence, to 'Liberate' the discourse of Sigil for "lively and interactive debates between Factioneers, Sectioneers and those who haven't got round to deciding just yet". Anyone is invited, provided they're willing to bring something to debate...

((Tonight at 6pm GMT (5pm UTC), I'll be running a little debating session for just about anything Planescapey! I'd like to get something player led in this regard to happen on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. Just something to get players connected with higher ups, those more 'up' on their fluff, or just like having a good argument IC. There'll be a few rules about speaking, which will be displayed at the hall :) If it goes well, I'll keep updating this thread with sessions over time))
*Dathi

Posted by *Dathi »

A second debate has been scheduled in the Hall of Speakers for next cycle, six hours before anti-peak to assemble (6pm GMT or 7pm UTC), and five hours prior to anti-peak to begin (7pm GMT, or 8pm UTC). Apparently this time around the Half-Orc is looking for a few real bloods to act as Speaker as well. Firstly, a lecture will be held on a particular topic, where those attending may ask questions after the lecture is concluded. This is to run for thirty (30) minutes, with roughly half that allocated to speaking and half for questions. Following on from this, a debate will be led by another individual, who will be the sole respondent to the questions from the Hall. This is also due to run for thirty (30) minutes, with the Speaker posing a question or topic they are an expert on, and answering questions from the Hall in a back and forth manner. After all this, open debates will begin again with Ugdum Wogshurd taking the podium to adjudicate them.

Cutters interested in attending are advised to seek the Half-Orc out prior, if they have anything they would like to have brought up specifically, or would like to speak in one of the thirty minute segments prior to the open forum. Drinks and snacks have been ordered this time round.

((Starting at 5pm GMT / 6pm UTC, and going on till we get bored. Hope to see you all there again! Transcripts of the previous debate and topics I can post up if there is an appetite for them :) ))