The Dark Harbinger In The Sky

*Pellease

Posted by *Pellease »

*The pink masked woman says little about the events. At least not in public. Here or there she vets some of the information, always through her racial telepathy. While she takes jink she seems more interested in feeling out who is willing to research Atropus further.

The rumors from her talks are slow to start.* ((OOC: Although they will be coming!))
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

The Cambion seems a slightly annoyed that little is said about events, but he takes what information is given. He slides over a soul and asks, "Talk at a later time, lady...'Ren'?"
*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

Miranda sat in a rocking chair on the third floor of her tower, her nine month old son resting in her arms as she stared out the window over the Ladys Ward.

"You just can't find simple matters can you Miranda" she asked her self softly. She had attache herself to the group on a whim...a lark..from boredum but as soon as they had stepped through the gate and the name Atropus was mentioned, she knew she had bit of more then she could chew.

-Atropus-.

A name familiar to her, for the very same being she had encountered before when it tried to eat Sigil. The moon born dead had somehow made its way to where Sigil rests, and had failed miserably to even come close to the city thanks to the strange variables present around Sigil. No one knew what had happened to it, some thought the lady had destroyed it, or maybe she had mazed it? But at the end of the day it had just...vanished and that was all anyone seemed to care about.

Those events a few years ago had all but been forgotten, but not by her...she doesn't forget things like that. She finds herself running over the events on the world born anew over and over in her mind, from the positive power of thought and emotions she witnessed, to the potential knowledge that might come from observing a world coming back to life. She plans to return to the world and follow its regenerative progress, especially of the world ends up moving to a primordial existance like she suspects might happen. The people she helped...the strange group she had tagged along with, well...she found them capable if abit one sided in their ability to process information infront of them. She had met some of them in passing but only Argent, her favorite annoying pain in the ass space elf had been the one party member she really knew.

She now had even more on her plate. A business to run, a growing baby to care for, a home to tend to and now this new born again world she wanted to monitor very closely, but it wasnt all that bad in fact she was happy and felt safe with these new arrangements.

Still...from now on when ever she steps onto prime material world she knows she will find it impossible not to glance skyward to study the celestial bodies above.

"Where have you gone now Atropus" she whispers softly as she shivers with dread and carefully hugs her baby close for comfort.
*Pellease

Posted by *Pellease »

(Moving this over from th Athar page, wasn't sure where to post.)

*She appears there beside Morthos at a table. There was no sign of invisibility, none of the tricks of the shadow shapers, simply she wasn't there until she was. If pressed other patrons may confirm that she had scanned the room from the doorway and simply teleported beside him.

Her skin is a bright pink, appearing beneath a set of wool and leathers. Her face is covered by an ornate mask as the braided hair behind it shines a fluorescent violet and blue.

She takes a seat beside him and clears her throat.*

"I have come to find that you City folk tend to hate telepathy as much as primers. Or most of you at least." *She takes a deep breath as if settling herself.*

"We can converse like this or in your mind if you wish privacy. This here feels so barbaric, but either way I will have you hear my terms.

"First what I seek as you have offered to pay for information." *Her voice shifts amongst accents, at moments it is louder and melodic, at times somewhat whispered and husky. It is as if she has little practice speaking quietly in taverns and can not find the right balance.*

"Jink is nice as I no longer have access to the Company coffers, but useful items are better and powerful allies with stated intentions and goals are best yet.

"What I offer is this, the account of the dead world recently visited and saved by the adventuring team I was a part of. Only two of us went on both excursions.

"Secondly, an introduction to the Lich who has been studying Apothus from the ruined world. It was I who first invited him to come with us.

"And thirdly a rumor, something heard in the far distances of the planes from a madman who seemed to know. What say you?"

((OOC: I am willing to do this all online if you like.))
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

Initially a bit surprised, Morthos quickly recovers and assumes a neutral emotion. Scanning the pink lady, he considers things a moment. When he speaks, it is in a quiet but authoritative murmur - purposely pitching his voice low.

"Let us discuss this in the privacy of my mind, in a quiet location. I will address thy terms in a moment, cutter. Shall we head to Cookie's?" He gives her a cold look. "But I warn ye, mindnick; don't ye dare dig for anything in my head!..."
Pellease,Dec 24 2016 wrote:((OOC: I am willing to do this all online if you like.))
// Couldn't do it online until the 28th at the earliest. But if you're willing to wait 4 days, I'd prefer to do it online.
*Pellease

Posted by *Pellease »

*She nods to Morthos.* It is the inn beside the Risen World. Yes, I will meet you there. Send a runner when you are ready.

((OOC: I'm good with in game, just hit me up with your available times after the 28th. Also, after talking with Morthos I'll contribute to the rumors on here.))
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

After some days of the events of the prime being engulfed in Atropus's energy, Danae had discussed with Vash and Silk about finding a temporary -safer- home for the refugees and the little girl. Deciding a portal to her own home prime, Toril, would be a much better bet than them staying in the corrupting pull of Sigil. Danae's home temple in Impiltur has just enough room for accommodate for the time period, and Lina is an awfully lonely caretaker. Asking Sharon, a more than capable sorceress and gatecrasher, to make the portal for who ever of the refugees wished to go.

- And now with some days later after the destruction, the prime seems to be healing and coming back to life. A good sign. Hopefully the refugees would be able to return to their world at some point.

The priestess had finally made preparations to get the people there, hoping to take off in few cycles time. Given that there had been a few more pressing issues for her previously.
*Pellease

Posted by *Pellease »

*Once it seems that Ren has made the most of her information it begins to get leaked to the population in general.

The Chant goes that Ren and a group of adventurers visited the dying world looking for research material on Atrophus. There they found a Lich who had made its undeath's mission to take revenge on the World Destroyer. They brought this Lich back with them to Sigil where it is now staying.

Later when the portal continued to open at a set time of day, unleashing hoards of undead upon the bazaar Ren and some other adventurers set out to restore the world or destroy it. The Lich mentioned that one with a connection to nature may be able to restore the Core, the source of the world's life. He said emotion would be important.

Not able to find a druid they brought along a ranger who was able to channel their will and belief through her own connection to nature and purify the core which had been corrupted.

Now the chant has it that Ren is seeking more information on Atrophus and may have some other allies. Whenever she can she tries to gain an audience with the Lich, to learn what it knows.*
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

strange enough, most of the chant was similar, expect those berks of the Signers been singing the tune for some time and in particular one boisterous elf. Who now claimed to have a seed that could heal a prime given by the avatar of the dead world.
*randomrper

Posted by *randomrper »

For the last several days a young woman, seemingly an elf with dark blonde hair and green eyes, clad more or less in green with a bow and a few smaller melee weapons can be seen going to where the portal to the now revived world can be found from time to time.

She disappears into the portal for hours on end and then returns, often smiling and happy, but never discusses what she does or sees there.

The last few times her mood has been notably different upon her return. While she is still obviously pleased about whatever it is she's doing and observing on the revived world, she also seems to be almost sad.