Helike: The Aftermath

*EM_Dark Messiah

Posted by *EM_Dark Messiah »

((Firstly I'll start off with a big thanks to all those involved, it was a huge event with a great turn out, and besides all the obvious troubles with such, it went surprisingly smoothly and ended up panning out without any major hitches! Now onto the important stuff))

After the dust had settled in the normally peaceful Polis of Helike, it was clear to those that called the city 'home' that the battle for survival had not gone without losses. The western section of the city required rebuilding and despite the best, combined efforts of both soldier, citizenry and Planeswalker alike, great destruction had still been reaped on the city and its surrounding hinterland. All in all though, the city stood resolutely and so its inhabitants still had the chance to rebuild.

However, peace was a fragile, tenuous concept to uphold at this point. Influences throughout Olympus as well as externally in the Planes had the opportunity now to disrupt or aid the reconstruction of the Olympians lives in Helike.

For now though, word spread from the temple of Hermes that those who had sacrificed personally to defend the Polis were now invited to a great celebratory feast, in recognition of services rendered as well as the possibility of fostering further relations with the city folk.

There was still much preparation to be done, but the invitations were sent out nonetheless.

((I'm open about when I'll run this, but if those involved in the previous event could either PM me or spread the invitation in game to others who joined in, that would be much appreciated! ^^ I'm thinking this weekend would probably be preferable as per most peoples play times.))
*b00seven

Posted by *b00seven »

Juna receives word in his lair. Sends out appropriate correspondence, and prepares for the festivities.

((i would imagine the weekend would work for this. You can probably leave some setup and give people time to gather and RP and then hop on and run something once they do)).
*EM_Dark Messiah

((Ahem, given the shortness of the post and other subsequent plots being run this weekend, I get the feeling this may have to be pushed back a few days at least, but I'll be logging in from time to time this evening in case we get a more reasonable amount of people presently about for this ^^))
*EM_Dark Messiah

Unfortunately the preparations of the feast were stalled in favor of focusing on reconstructing the city, though the hospitality the Olympians were famous for would not be overlooked. Messages were sent out proposing the new date of the festivities, and those invited were still, very much invited.

((Looking to do this on the coming Saturday (10th of September), and I hope this time it won't be so short notice or I get pulled away to do something. Be enthusiastic Sigil ^^))