Crewless Captain

*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

A green skinned orc named Waaban adds him name to the list. General strong man and former fighter for a previous ship after its captain was found dead.

//i can do saturday, after 5pm, not later than 9, est times.
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

\\Almost forgot! I'm available pretty much any time, shouldn't run into a problem!\\
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

((any time likely))
*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

///I'm good for Saturday as well.
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

((Well, Luck has hit me, I can come tomorrow as well, lucked out on Work and i don't have to work Weekend :D, Tomorrow should be good as well!))
*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

(( Okay, so there is no confusion, the proposed time was 5pm EST. I'll be on a few hours before that though. Please let me know via Discord or PM if this time doesn't work.))
*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

//Awesome event. I had a great time. Hope everyone else did as well. You all played your parts perfectly. EM Bloodlines did an excellent job keeping things on the edge and emotional (almost shed tears at the end). Well done!
*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

Tarie had not left the vicinity of her ship since they had made it back to port. She had sent crewmen out, pouches laden with coin, to fetch supplies and help to repair the battered vessel, and it had taken a beating. It needed one of its twin ballistae repaired. It needed new sails, its hull patched, some re-plating of its armor and most costly, its Gnomish coal engines repaired. It took most of the spare coin she had to see to all the issues requiring attention but it had been worth it. The Rift was now air worthy, fully repaired, repainted and restocked. She even had them make a tweak to the coal engine ports so that they could be used independently of each other or together. Gods help them all if the Helmsman over-fires one side too much, it would cause them to spin out of control. She would make a point to have the crew take it out on numerous test runs so they could get used to the unchaining of the twin ports.

She had the decks cleaned and any furniture repaired or replaced. It was still a cramped vessel but at least it was comfortable now. She would leave the restocking of the dedicated areas (the Galley, the Infirmary, etc) to those who ran them as they would know best what was required.

Once she was happy with the status, she made her way back to the city and to the hall of records. She need to update her books and charts if they were to have any sort of edge over those they hunted.

Once inside, she clumsily showed her Fated badge (which she wasn't accustomed to using) and made for the department that might hold the information she needed. She needed charts, maps and information on shipping routes. She needed catalogues of registered flags, who owned them and their territories. She required registered ship designs, layouts and builds. A lot of information but such that would make their lives easier. Who knew how long she looked for the information but she got everything she could and took it back to the Rift. She stowed it in the Navigation room for future reference.

Now all she had to do was wait for a time when all her crew was available. A bit of training for the helmsman on the new controls, a bit of preparation and they would be ready to head out. She had a vault to refill and it wasn't going to refill itself.