Crewless Captain

*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

Tarie had a few drinks in her as she leaned heavily on the bar, nearly slipping off the stool in the process. It was a loud place; full of music, shouting, the odd fight and lots of cursing. The Tavern was in a quarter of the Lower Ward that catered to the Crews of visiting Spelljammers. While usually most of the patrons were typical sailors from trade vessels, this particular Tavern catered to more surly types such as the privateers, out of work sailors or the odd pirate that might have been laying low.

She watched the crowd for a bit, her eyes not yet blurry enough to miss much excitement or action. She eventually picked someone out of the crowd that looked pretty tough and held the swagger of a ship officer of some sort. She stared at him for a long time until he noticed, smiled to her and swaggered over. He leaned on the bar beside her and looked into her eyes. His breath stank of cheap ale and tobacco but she smiled just the same. He placed a hand on her knee and leaned in to smell her hair. She turned her head slightly and whispered in his ear;

"I'm going to make you moan"

He smiled at that and squeezed her leg. She placed her hand on his and smiled back... then his eyes began to widen as his hand begun to get violently squeezed. She stood up, all 5' 8" of her and continued to squeeze... her grip was like a vice. It was all he could do to not scream.

'Th' fook are you doing, woman?!" he yelled. By now, others had taken notice. She twisted her wrist slightly, bringing him to a lower position, and then with one motion, lifted her boot to his chest and 'pushed' with all her might. She was an exceptionally strong woman and he rapidly stumbled backwards and flipped over a table, sprawling out on the floor beyond it. Drinks and mugs flew in each direction as the man laid spread out on the floor beyond. Two of his men, as he was now recognized as a TradeShip captain, helped the man up. He wiped his face and sneered at her. "We're gonna fook you up, bitch" he growled. She looked to the trio and replied. "If it takes three of you little girls to take out a small gal like me... have at it". She finished her taunt with a little grin as they rushed her.

Tarie was strong... but she was also unbelievably agile. The first sailor came in fast and took a swing at her. She easily dodged the fist and came in with a sharp jab to his ribcage. You could almost hear one of the ribs crack. As he tumbled forward from the momentum, she twisted to the side, only to be caught by the other sailor. She briefly struggled until the Captain punched her square in the mouth. She took the hit almost unfazed other than the blood leaking out of her lip. She lifted both feet and kicked him squarely in the chest, again... and sent him flyingÂ… again. Tarie and the Man who held her, tumbled backwards and hit the floor, him letting go in the process. She rolled to the side as the first sailor tried to grab her and got quickly to her feet. Before he could recover and stand, she lifted her knee and got him square in the face. His nose busted and blood arced as his head jerked back as he was lifted into the air to land unconscious on his back. The second sailor tried to grab her again but this time she was ready for it. She lifted her elbow and caught him straight in the jaw. It 'cracked' as he fell limp to the floor.

She spun around to find the captain but he had already found her. A club in his hand, he hit her in the side, causing her to jerk violently as two of her ribs cracked from the impact. He came in for another swing when she dropped suddenly to the floor. She lifted her fist and struck him right in the codpiece. He gasped and dropped to his knees. She stood up in front of him and wiped the blood off her lip with the back of her hand. The room was quiet as everyone waited for the next move. She leaned in close to him and poked him on the forehead... he moaned slightly and she smiled. "Told you I'd make you moan", followed by a solid punch right between the eyes. He went down without so much a whimper.

She reached to his belt and drew a knife from a sheath near his hip. She walked over to a post in the room, took out a privateer flag and a paper and nailed them to the post with the knife. She turned to the rest of the patrons. "I'm looking for a crew to recover my ship and get back to business. Instructions on the paper... read it or get it read to you..."

She then slowly walked out of the Tavern holding her side, the broken ribs just beginning to become very sore.

The paper read as follows:

wrote:Seasoned, former, First Mate of a Mantis Cruiser seeks able bodies to conduct a salvage mission of said ship. Reasons for her abandonment will be answered only to those deemed worthy of joining the Salvage mission.

Interested bodies must either be already seasoned sailors or, at the very least, willing to become one. Interested bodies must also be discrete and willing to step outside of societal norms as the vessel of mention is of the 'Privateer' type.

Important: If you're the bloodthirsty type, a body who enjoys mayhem, blood and leaving wreckage in your wake, you can sod off now and not bother wasting my time. Also applies to those who're larger than the average man (she's not a large vessel) or those with a problem with a ships chain of command. Find someone else to bother, you'll find no welcome from me.

Leave your words in an envelope addressed to SeaBreeze, within the Hall of Records. Only suitable bodies will be contacted.

Signed
T.S.
(((Was simply thinking that I have a 'Spelljammer character' with nothing really to do. She's a pirate but not a bloodthirsty one (Chaotic Good). IÂ’m interested in those who might like to play an almost 'swashbuckler' type crew who 'pirate' but rarely kill (pursue, board, plunder and release). While in the Mod, they would simply exist as regular characters who know each other as a crew, most actual pirating/smuggling/escape missions could be conducted by an EM or DM over Discord with any resulting gains losses in XP/loot being given in game after a successful (or failed) raid. Characters could be existing or newly created. While my character belongs to the Fated, actual Faction membership is not required and if you do belong to one, that's fine as well as long as it fits with the group (ie: no Triad). Also, please don't join as an undercover agent of the Triad (or other opposing group) with designs to undermine and destroy the group... at least not yet. The idea is to have fun and having the group crushed on the first voyage, due to such underhandedness, would just destroy morale.

Would also require an EM/DM who might be interested in helping out.

Might just be a neat way to drum up some RP as itÂ’s been really quiet in game as of late.

Those interested can jump into the preliminary RP here. I can also mee you in game on weeknights (eastern time. or weekends)))
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

A letter addressed to the Seabreeze with the evening clerk the next cycle within the Hall of Records.

Greetings to the First Mate of the Mantis Cruiser, aka T.S as you left yourself tagged.

My interest has been piqued along with agreeing the the current decrees addressed in the posting.

I imagine you would like an interview with your potential crewmate. You may leave a letter with the Hall of Speakers with agreed day and time when available.

Signed~
Stardust
*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

A young message runner finds his way to the hall of speakers and sputters out a quick message

"This is fer Stardust"

He holds out a piece of paper that basically says to meet at the Fat candle with a date and time. The messenger holds out his hand for a tip before he departs

((We can hook up in game on the weekend if that works for you))
*edmaster44

Posted by *edmaster44 »

A letter was left in the Hall Of Records

"I Princess Stormbringer, Heir to the horde of kepsek, Destroyer of the kingdom by the moors, subduer of the Great Caliph of melechesh, First Born of Kepsek the Elder have Personally taken an interest in helping you recover your spelljammer, lets just say Our interest are some what mutual and i imagine by helping you, you in turn will show that same help too me!"
Signed

Stormbringer, Heir to the horde of kepsek, Destroyer of the kingdom by the moors, subduer of the Great Caliph of melechesh, First Born of Kepsek the Elder
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

A tip of approximtely three hundred jink would been given.
*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

She would take the information, along with the other notes given her in private, and set up watch in the Fat candle for people who might stop in looking for her

///I'll be around (IG) tonight and this weekend to meet with folks :)
*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

//I'd like to reach out to any EM's that would be interested in running something for us, if even over Discord in an RP thread. We've got almost enough people and I'm sure I can get another by the time we're ready to go. The first little event would be something simple, maybe take no longer than an hour or so. Mostly it would be about going and retrieving the ship and maybe a few little happenings to showcase some character strengths and get to know each other. If anyone is willing, drop me a line and I can fill you in on some ideas and details I have.
*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

//Sounds fun. Schedule pending, I could take a look. Send me the info.
*Cellopoly

Posted by *Cellopoly »

((after talking to our helpful EM, we've narrowed down a tentative time range to have a little get together as a crew for those who are interested. We're looking at next weekend sometime. We can talk about what's best for everyone. I don't foresee it being too long as it's mostly going to get the Ship and an opportunity to work together and get to know each other.

Post your preferences for potential times for next weekend :) ))
*Bloodlines

Posted by *Bloodlines »

((I forsee it being pretty straight forward, some combat, a couple of surprises. Will try to restrict it to no more than two hours if we start on time. ))